Boston Bruins Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'll start it off since I requested. I know a good majority are PLD-happy.

To CBJ: DeBrusk + Studnicka + ?

To BOS: PLD

My reasoning:

Columbus's LW depth looks pretty mediocre. According to a few lineup sites, they're potentially going with Mikhail Grigorenko in their Top 6 as a LWer. PLD is their #1 center but as we all know, he's requested a trade. So could the above package be an enticing start? They get an upgrade to their top 6 LW in DeBrusk and get a very good center prospect in Studnicka. PLD comes here and takes DeBrusk's spot on the LW next to Krejci and then transitions to their #1/2 center when Krejci walks.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

My reasoning:

Columbus's LW depth looks pretty mediocre. According to a few lineup sites, they're potentially going with Mikhail Grigorenko in their Top 6 as a LWer. PLD is their #1 center but as we all know, he's requested a trade. So could the above package be an enticing start? They get an upgrade to their top 6 LW in DeBrusk and get a very good center prospect in Studnicka. PLD comes here and takes DeBrusk's spot on the LW next to Krejci and then transitions to their #1/2 center when Krejci walks.

+ 2021 1st rounder

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

My reasoning:

If the "+" isn't a 1st or Lauzon. I'd be fine with it.

Maybe a 2nd or Zboril/Vaak.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If that's all it took, would you do it? I'd still be interested.

Its a tough one for me to be honest. PLD at 22yr old is already playing at a 55pt pace and has a lot of upside. I mean I don't think its crazy to think he could be a 70+ center (higher if between 63 and 88 one day). On the other side you have DeBrusk whose a legit 25 goal guy and fringe 30 goal guy. He himself is young and has upside. Then you have Studnicka (obviously a big fan), but he's a wild card. I think if Stud's develops into a 55+ point guy (PLD average now) while playing stellar defense you'd be pretty happy with that as well. I guess it comes down to how confident you are in Stud's becoming that player. I'd rather try and swap out Studnicka for Beecher or Vaak and maybe add a conditional pick.

Jake DeBrusk
Beecher or Vaak
2021 1st
2022 2nd (becomes a 1st if Boston makes SCF in either year)

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
If the "+" isn't a 1st or Lauzon. I'd be fine with it.

Maybe a 2nd or Zboril/Vaak.

Yeah prob a 2nd. A 1st feels a tad excessive given you're already giving up 1 fairly proven middle 6 forward and 1 who looks well on his way to establishing himself in the same category. Very few players I'd give up Studnicka for, especially as I think it's important to show loyalty to your good prospects, but PLD would be such a major plus for Boston that I'd be willing to make that move. And DeBrusk is decent but he's not irreplaceable. They're the most likely that Columbus would be interested in, I would think.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

My reasoning:

+ 2021 1st rounder

I do it.
Provides more now as well as that much needed bridge to the future.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
From the other perspective... is adding Zboril / Vaak and a 2nd the thing that tips the scale? They'd probably say no.

Yeah....then I'd probably counter with adding in another forward prospect and maybe them throwing in a later pick or minor prospect.

I know it's all fantasy stuff and the likelihood of him coming here at all, never mind for the package that I'm suggesting is about .003% but talking about this is better than doing work.

:nod::nod:

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I hate to lose Studnicka, but if that the deal CBJ hits me with, I do it. PLD can play LW in DeBrusk spot this season and then he takes over #2C role the following season

That was my basis for it. You fill the loss of DeBrusk with Dubois. He comes in, gives you better all around play + nasty in the top 6 and then you have your #2 center who will take over for Bergeron down the road. Now, you need to eventually replace DeBrusk but it's easier to find a winger than center.

Also, when is Barkov a FA?

Dubois -- Barkov -- Pastrnak
Marchand -- Bergeron -- ???

:laugh:

Reactions: bbfan419

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
That was my basis for it. You fill the loss of DeBrusk with Dubois. He comes in, gives you better all around play + nasty in the top 6 and then you have your #2 center who will take over for Bergeron down the road. Now, you need to eventually replace DeBrusk but it's easier to find a winger than center.

Not for nothing (and IDK if the money would work), but a few years from now when 37's contract is up he'll be 37 as well I think. He may call it a career and there is a (as of now) a very interesting UFA center in Barkov. Imagine have a middle group of Barkov - PLD - Coyle - Frederic

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Not for nothing (and IDK if the money would work), but a few years from now when 37's contract is up he'll be 37 as well I think. He may call it a career and there is a (as of now) a very interesting UFA center in Barkov. Imagine have a middle group of Barkov - PLD - Coyle - Frederic

Lmao.... I think I read your mind as you wrote this. I edited my above with a lineup above.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
In this hypothetical world where we trade Debrusk+ for PLD, where do players slot in afterward? That creates a glut of centers and dearth of wings. One of PLD or Coyle will have to play wing, right?

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Smith-Krejci-Kase
PLD-Coyle-Ritchie
Wagner-Kuraly-Bjork
?

(bear in mind I still approve)

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
In this hypothetical world where we trade Debrusk+ for PLD, where do players slot in afterward? That creates a glut of centers and dearth of wings. One of PLD or Coyle will have to play wing, right?

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Smith-Krejci-Kase
PLD-Coyle-Ritchie
Wagner-Kuraly-Bjork
?

Well, if this deal happened, Dubois 100% will be where you have Smith. I would do:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
Dubois -- Krejci -- Kase
Ritchie -- Coyle -- Smith
Bjork -- Kuraly -- Wagner
Frederic

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
Smith-Krejci-Kase
PLD-Coyle-Ritchie
Wagner-Kuraly-Bjork
?

Not a glut soon though. Since centers are crucial, getting him could make sense to eventually replace 35yo Bergeron and 34 yo Krejci with PLD and hopefully Studnicka.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Its a tough one for me to be honest. PLD at 22yr old is already playing at a 55pt pace and has a lot of upside. I mean I don't think its crazy to think he could be a 70+ center (higher if between 63 and 88 one day). On the other side you have DeBrusk whose a legit 25 goal guy and fringe 30 goal guy. He himself is young and has upside. Then you have Studnicka (obviously a big fan), but he's a wild card. I think if Stud's develops into a 55+ point guy (PLD average now) while playing stellar defense you'd be pretty happy with that as well. I guess it comes down to how confident you are in Stud's becoming that player. I'd rather try and swap out Studnicka for Beecher or Vaak and maybe add a conditional pick.

Jake DeBrusk
Beecher or Vaak
2021 1st
2022 2nd (becomes a 1st if Boston makes SCF in either year)

Debrusk is no more of a"legit 25 goal guy" than Dubois. Debrusk has scored 16, 27, 19. Dubois has scored 20, 27, 18.

Dubois also has a 60 point season under his belt while Debrusk has topped out at 43.

I dont think twice about shipping over Debrusk and Studnicka for PLD

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

My reasoning:

Honestly I wouldn't do much more than this offer. Studs could end up being the best player in the group.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Debrusk is no more of a"legit 25 goal guy" than Dubois. Debrusk has scored 16, 27, 19. Dubois has scored 20, 27, 18.

Dubois also has a 60 point season under his belt while Debrusk has topped out at 43.

I dont think twice about shipping over Debrusk and Studnicka for PLD

I never said PLD wasn't a legit 25 goal guy

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Does a Finish GM like Vak?
Does he like the local boy Kuraly?
Would DK waive for Columbus ?
Do they covet a couple of first round picks ?
I believe this deal needs to get done. Give up the firsts 2-3.
We could retain on DK, or do Kuraly, Vak,Beecher 2-3 firsts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad