Boston Bruins Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
PLD will be a Hab. Laine would wilt under Torts...

More great hot takes from me...

O5jgeKb.gif

Reactions: HustleB

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Are we watching the same Pasternak? The Pasternak I see creates his own space. He is like 15 goals a year better. And his passing is on a way higher level then laine. His defensive game is way better too. I’m surprised I’m getting any arguments from bruins fans on this one. Laine is a pure sniper. Pasternak is actually borderline complete player who happens to specialize in being a sniper. I’d bet money Pasternak scores more goals then him this year. With shortened season and missing the first portion of the season. Not to mention the goals scored against while he is on the ice. Granted he plays on a top ten line in the world. But when you watch that line. He makes that line a top 3 line in the world. With out him they are closer to a top 10 line. He brings a lot every shift. With and with out the puck.
We are definitely watching different Pastrnak. I see a guy who is great at finishing open shooting lanes, and has an incredible release. Also has a respectable two way game (helps that he skates with 37 & 63) but isn’t exactly a Joe Sakic playmaking wizard and two way anchor.

I’d choose Pastrnak over Laine all day. But they are similar players style wise in my opinion

Reactions: Gordoff

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
We are definitely watching different Pastrnak. I see a guy who is great at finishing open shooting lanes, and has an incredible release. Also has a respectable two way game (helps that he skates with 37 & 63) but isn’t exactly a Joe Sakic playmaking wizard and two way anchor.

I’d choose Pastrnak over Laine all day. But they are similar players style wise in my opinion

IMO

Pasta = Jagr
Laine = Glenn Murray/Neely (shot first)

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
IMO

Pasta = Jagr
Laine = Glenn Murray/Neely (shot first)
Murray was a slug he couldn’t skate to save his life. Neely was a power forward who would bull his way to the front of the net.

Jagr had five or six 100+ point seasons, that’s some high praise. And he did it when forwards were basically mugged in the offensive zone.

On that note I’m excited to see Pastrnak back soon

Reactions: Ratty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad