Boston Bruins Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Columbus is really hard on Tampa I know that .Beat them in playoffs 2 yrs ago and finally ended reg losing streakat 8 games today. .Add in Laine with Roslovic they will be a hard out I bet.Looked good today

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Columbus is getting a reputation with star players, no one wants to stay long term. Laine will probably be no different in a few years. He never felt like a team first guy anyways.

Our attention should change to Barkov in the offseason and ride the rookies this year. Krech at the deadline could be a significant trade chip for them if things go south.

Yeah, but the problem does not seem to be the locker room, management, or the team that is the issue. It's the city. Some players want the la vida loca and you are not going to find that easily in Ohio.

There is nothing you can do about that as management. The best you can do is create a good lockerroom culture to both attract and keep players. But if a young star wants to down magnums in a fountain in Central Park there is not a whole lot you can do to keep them.

I have yet to hear anything from the players who left the Bluejackets that there was any issues with the team whatsoever. Heck, I was at least expecting someone to throw Torts under the bus, but no. They all wanted money and bright lights big city.

I guess the scouts could start asking questions related to that before they draft players from now on?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Good deal for both teams. CBJ did about as well as they could of I think. I know some around here don't like Laine but I think his character issues are overblown, and he's the best pure shooter on the planet for my money.

Winnipeg are now set up the middle with Scheifele and Dubois. I'm sure they talked to his father, whose assistant coach with Manitoba Moose, and got the scoop from the Dubois side of the dispute between them and the CBJ organization so probably made this a more comfortable deal to make than some other teams.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I personally like Torts as a coach. Holds players accountable and demands they work hard. That's it. Not bad for millions of dollars 6 months a year.

These new age hockey players are softer than my butt after a nice wax.

Hes coached at all levels and won at the highest. Hes earned my respect. Plus his pressers are great.

Also I have loved Columbus team in the PO the last 2 years. They work their bags off and never quit.
All I got from this post is that you wax your butt.:cool:

Reactions: bbfan419

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Wow

Both Columbus and Winnipeg were lucky that they each had a disgruntled first line player available at the same time.

Obviously we won’t know who won the trade for several years, but both seem happy with the return.

My question is how long before Laine bolts but yes both teams are very fortunate for now.

Reactions: Blinny

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
What would you guys offer Barkov if he hits free agency? AAV and length?
I think he would be amazing in Bruins.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
I just saw that Nashville is considering a Fire sale to rebuild........If Roman Josi is anywhere near available, We need to look at him very very hard.....Maybe. I have to figure we can make an offer. Gryz....Bjork, Frederick, Debrusk, Carlo, Vaak, should all be on the table in some form of combination of players........This guy puts us over the top.....He gives us a match for Hedman.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Contract situations aside, they are similar players. I do think Pastrnak is better. But style wise they are both at their best shooting lots of pucks (snipers). To say Laine is easy to shutdown if you don’t give him room to shoot but not Pastrnak is just being a homer.

Laine has been in Winnipeg, and he didn’t get much time on the Jets top line (one of his gripes). I don’t think he’ll find much success in Columbus and I don’t think he’ll want to resign there. But Laine with a good center is one of the top goal scorers in the league.
Are we watching the same Pasternak? The Pasternak I see creates his own space. He is like 15 goals a year better. And his passing is on a way higher level then laine. His defensive game is way better too. I’m surprised I’m getting any arguments from bruins fans on this one. Laine is a pure sniper. Pasternak is actually borderline complete player who happens to specialize in being a sniper. I’d bet money Pasternak scores more goals then him this year. With shortened season and missing the first portion of the season. Not to mention the goals scored against while he is on the ice. Granted he plays on a top ten line in the world. But when you watch that line. He makes that line a top 3 line in the world. With out him they are closer to a top 10 line. He brings a lot every shift. With and with out the puck.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
DK replacement for next year. Now we need to find a Bergy replacement soon but a Sweeney replacement may have to be done for that to happen.

I’d rather re-sign Krejci for 2-3 years before I throw Studnicka to the wolves. If anything, I’d slide Coyle up to #2 center and start Studnicka in a lesser 3rd line role first.

Studnicka would have to show a lot before I’d feel comfortable.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I’d rather re-sign Krejci for 2-3 years before I throw Studnicka to the wolves. If anything, I’d slide Coyle up to #2 center and start Studnicka in a lesser 3rd line role first.

Studnicka would have to show a lot before I’d feel comfortable.

for me its about cost... but if krejci valued retiring as a bruin and would take a 3 year deal at somewhere in the 5 mill range i would be all over that

coyle can move to rw if we get a jam at center. krejci himself could play more rw as he ages... and studnicka probably can spend more time on rw too

not sure if beecher or federic are going to end up as centers... but honestly it never hurts to have extra centers around

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
DK replacement for next year. Now we need to find a Bergy replacement soon but a Sweeney replacement may have to be done for that to happen.

Agreed but the PB37 replacement will have to be a different type of player of course.

Bergeron's "country strong" as we say down here in Texas, has been since he broke into the NHL as an 18 year old. Reminds me alot Messier and some of the other old timers that came off the farm. 37 is Butt-assed strong and still "sneaks up on guys" with his strength and leverage to this day which is crazy.

I think that is one main reasons why he has been such a great player for so long, way underrated in the strength department. His powerful skating style and stride is a great indication of his overall strength. Bergeron is as rare as Crosby, McDavid, etc. Different skill set and style, but a completely unique set of attributes and commitment to his craft and team.

Barkov is good and I would take him no doubt, but he is a pale comparison to Bergy...

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad