Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm over it. He easily would've been playing Islander hockey this season had he just reported.

Used to love the kid, but the bridge is burned.

He cannot report if Lamoriello told him not to. The problem is that he shouldn't be okay with that decision by Lamoriello.

Don’t think he can - he’s under contract this year. Next year he’s an RFA.

I believe this is correct, especially if Lamoriello says he can't go and wants to trade him (or just use him as an example of what happens when you f*** around).

I have less interest in Vanek than I do Kovy, although I'm not sure if it's possible to have less than zero interest in something.

He's not even in the league right now.

Sounds similar to what I was saying the other day about it. If a team thinks they have a chance they'll pay, otherwise they won't. Not sure any team is going to bite on thinking they have a chance though. Very risky proposition for a lot teams in less traditional markets.

Edit: Second part to that tweet

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Sounds similar to what I was saying the other day about it. If a team thinks they have a chance they'll pay, otherwise they won't. Not sure any team is going to bite on thinking they have a chance though. Very risky proposition for a lot teams in less traditional markets.

Edit: Second part to that tweet

He’d be crazy not to test free agency unless someone gives him an offer he can’t refuse like Vegas and Stone last year.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
He’d be crazy not to test free agency unless someone gives him an offer he can’t refuse like Vegas and Stone last year.

I think all the teams know he is 100% going to UFA, this price is for a rental only, you will get "more" if you trade him now vs in 2 months.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I think all the teams know he is 100% going to UFA, this price is for a rental only, you will get "more" if you trade him now vs in 2 months.

yeah. Just going to come down to who’s willing to pony up and pull the trigger. NJ can’t keep sitting Hall and holding him out of games without an injury.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
yeah. Just going to come down to who’s willing to pony up and pull the trigger. NJ can’t keep sitting Hall and holding him out of games without an injury.

Why not? He can go up to Toronto and play video games with Ho-Sang while he waits.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Why not? He can go up to Toronto and play video games with Ho-Sang while he waits.

Ho-Sang should have never agreed to that. I know he probably sees it as being amicable and the mature thing but sitting out of hockey isn’t helping him imo. Just an odd situation. I feel he has the talent to play in the NHL but teams aren’t jumping at the opportunity to take him. If DET won’t even take a shot there’s a problem.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I think this goes down to December 19 -

it is clear that teams are not offering their top A prospects - Hayton, Dobson, Byram, even Soderstrom-

many have reported that AZ has the best deal on the table - Friedman suggested that Bahl was a player the teams were haggling over.

Someone on sports net also suggested that the Devils took that deal from Az and tried to shop it around to see who would pony up more. Also, Devils are not allowing anyone to talk extension.

trade freeze is Thursday the 19th. I think Shero takes the best deal before the freeze.

Assuming the deal from Az is ‘20 #1, Bahl, and possibly another player or prospect - if that other player is Raanta, then NJ probably sends something else.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I think this goes down to December 19 -

it is clear that teams are not offering their top A prospects - Hayton, Dobson, Byram, even Soderstrom-

many have reported that AZ has the best deal on the table - Friedman suggested that Bahl was a player the teams were haggling over.

Someone on sports net also suggested that the Devils took that deal from Az and tried to shop it around to see who would pony up more. Also, Devils are not allowing anyone to talk extension.

trade freeze is Thursday the 19th. I think Shero takes the best deal before the freeze.

Assuming the deal from Az is ‘20 #1, Bahl, and possibly another player or prospect - if that other player is Raanta, then NJ probably sends something else.

The only way it makes sense for NJ NOT letting teams talk extension Is if they have an under the table agreement with Hall to return as a free agent. Otherwise they’re hurting themselves in the value they would receive trading Hall with an extension in place vs Hall as a rental.

Vegas doesn’t give Ottawa Brannstrom if Stone was just a rental.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
The only way it makes sense for NJ NOT letting teams talk extension Is if they have an under the table agreement with Hall to return as a free agent. Otherwise they’re hurting themselves in the value they would receive trading Hall with an extension in place vs Hall as a rental.

But Ottawa knew that Vegas and Stone were going to get together - don't think that's a secret. Here, its pretty clear that Hall is going to 7/1. So if NJ lets teams talk with him, they'll confirm that he's not interested in re-upping at this point and they may walk away. If they don't have the opportunity to talk to him pre-trade, the possibility still exists that he could extend.

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

It makes sense if they know he's going to free agency. Letting other teams know he definitely is, instead of being pretty sure he is or that he might, lowers the value for them.

Reactions: doublechili

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I don't know much about Hall's complete game. I know he can score. What kind of defensive player is he? What's his possession game like? Sloppy passer? If his rental value is going down I wouldn't mind seeing the Islanders offering a first and.... something . Let's face it, we need a shot of offense, but since the Isles always seem to be involved in 2-1 games, we need someone who you can trust defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA