Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
I knew there would be a game this series where Colorado would be the better team, but Oettinger would steal it for Dallas. That was the first 2 periods of game 3, where his remarkable performance held the Avs to a single goal. But the 3rd period was a defensive masterclass from the Stars being back and holding the blue line. The Avs do deserve blame for not dumping it in when they were repeatedly failing to carry it in past the Stars D though.

I still think neither team has played a full 60 this series though, so it's hard to predict how this ends. The Stars solved their 3rd period woes in game 3, and we'll see if the Avs can do the same for their first period struggles (0 goals so far) in game 4. Though they did improve in the first in game 3, and it was mostly Oettinger who kept them scoreless. I expect the Avs to come out swinging in the first again in game 4.

Intriguing series so far, as I expected this to be the best one of the 2nd round.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Joe Pavelski:

10 Games Played
0 Goals
1 Assist
Minus 2
10 Shots
36% Faceoff Percentage (55% average sine coming to Dallas)
17:19 TOI Average (16:48 regular season)

So not only has Pavelski been invisible, he is actively hurting the team with his inbility to make basic plays, can't win faceoffs for some reason, and the coach is rewarding him with MORE MINUTES compared to the regular season.

Coach needs to wake up and make some adjustments here. Pavelski is either injured or just completely toast given his age. There is no chance he is coming out of the lineup, but he should be playing 12-14 minutes IMO.

He seemed to be slowing down this year but I gotta think a sudden dropoff like that is injury, which probably would explain the faceoffs too. Would suck if he could finally get a cup but wasn’t able to be a big factor in it.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
The salt from us stomping the piss out of the Lightnings still there I see.

Avalanche are out this series, hope it is quick. Now to root for any Eastern team cause f*** Duchene.
No , i hated the avs since the Claude the turtle lemieux days. After delivering a vicious and dirty hit on draper.he layer on the ice and covered his head. I dont like players that throw cheap shots and turtle.We already know the current team is good enough or deep enough to win back to back cups.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Yeah, I don't really dislike anyone on your team, except for maybe Manson just because he can be reckless with his hits at times, and Avs fans have always been pretty chill, so I think anyone who has been a hockey fan for a while has seen that the worst part of the Avs has always been their Altitude broadcast crew, which is why I enjoyed watching them die inside on their YT stream during the Kiviranta OT goal in the bubble, lol.

Hell after the first round series, this one has been pretty damn cordial by comparison. :laugh:
I for one am hoping these 2 teams will play a game worth watching. It's been terribly boring so far.

The good thing about it is I'm on the east coast so I have no problem shutting off and going to bed I guess

It’s interesting that the article full of whining provided no video proof to back up the all BS in the article. You are journalist and you can’t put in a video backing you up? Probably cause your story is dumb Mr. keeler and completely false. This is why journalism is dead. Tell the truth not what you wish was the truth.

Also I would love to see what Avs player want to come after Benn. Good luck.
Manson

Last edited:

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Will be curious to see what Bednar has planned tonight. They've been getting harped by the media and (some of) their fans for the lack of response to Benn - but I think trying to play a game they aren't built for would be foolish. Dallas tried to out-hit Vegas early in their series with VGK, and you can't win playing a game that isn't your style.

The Stars have a team that is pretty balanced in terms of style, they can out-skill physical teams like Vegas, but they also have the size and strength to muck it up versus teams like Colorado and Edmonton. Colorado trying to play a heavy game plays right into Dallas' hands, IMO.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
This series is over.

Dallas and DeBoer are dismantling my team that it hurts to watch.

We are getting outplayed, outmatched and outsmarted. End of Story.

Expecting a blow out on wednesday and thats it.

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Mackinnon, Makar & Rantanen all MIA.
Mackinnon especially, how can one be this bad after the regular season he had. Piss poor showing.

Hopefully the Stars win this quickly.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think Heiskanen is now the most underrated player in the league. For the Stars everybody is talking about Johnsto, Oettinger and Tanev, meanwhile Heiskanen is quietly dominating.
I'm not sure if anyone underrates Miro at this point. Everyone knows who he is, and what he can do, especially once the playoffs roll around.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Mackinnon especially, how can one be this bad after the regular season he had. Piss poor showing.

Mackinnon is good, and lets see if he can carry the team to victory. Go Stars send home the AVS .

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

McKinnon 0 goal 1 assist -6 last 3 games
Rantannen 1 goals 0 assist -5 last 3 games
Makar 0 goal 0 assist -6 last 3 games

That's hurting Colorado big time
Shows how Dallas can suffocate you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad