Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Continue here...

Previous thread: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. II

Last post from previous thread:

Would shock the heck out of me because Hall's agent has the rep for encouraging his clients not to sign during the season, to get to July and get as many offers as possible.
Lastest press reports are that NJ is trying to create the image of a big market for Hall. Sounds like teams are balking at moving bluechippers for rentals.
I expect him to be moved out west and that Devil fans will be underwhelmed with the return.

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
Part 3 of this thread....has lou done anything yet? :sarcasm:
sure has been a lot of speculation done on this site but nothing has been done yet to improve the team besides hoping and praying that drafted players develop and pan out

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Part 3 of this thread....has lou done anything yet? :sarcasm:

Every time I think of Lou these days I keep thinking of his line, "When you have time you take it," but what does that mean where there's no deadline. Like if this team got a legit 1st line winger who can score it would be a serious Cup contender, but...There's no deadline to trade for one so Lou could take that need to his deathbed, and there'd still be more time.

Reactions: SteveH124 and CBG

SI

Feb 16, 2013
The market has not been set yet - there maybe teams who fall out of contention and may become sellers in January- also prices will go down by the deadline - so everyone please be patient and enjoy the winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: bronxirish

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
The team is off to a historic start and is a top-3 team in the NHL...

It's kind of like a few of my investment clients. If you offered them 5% for the next 12 months or 30% for the next 3 years but you would have to wait until the very last week of the 3 years before the value moved they'd take the 5% because they couldn't stand the wait.

I call it Premature Evacuation . . .

Dobson and Wahlstrom coming through by the end of the season might well be a tipping point but patience is a 4-letter word to too many. Lewis & Harris for Goring works out that well about once a lifetime.

Reactions: periferal

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I really hope Athanasiou does not end up being our "big move" to go for it. I am not saying the guy is bad, but he is another good 3rd liner to below average second liner. If that is what we are going to add, then what is the point. Also, lets be honest, not only does he have 5 goals this year but (and I know +/- is not a respected stat around here) he also is a -33, yes a MINUS THIRTY-THREE in 30 games. That is almost impossible to achieve. You would have to AVERAGE being on the ice for one more goal than scored in every single game of the season. Does that sound like a Trotz player? And before anyone says he is on the worst team in the league. There are only two other players on that team who are even a -17 or worse and the other two are -25. So he is so far and away worse than anyone even on his own team defensively.
What I really want for the Isles is Hoffman.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I really hope Athanasiou does not end up being our "big move" to go for it. I am not saying the guy is bad, but he is another good 3rd liner to below average second liner. If that is what we are going to add, then what is the point. Also, lets be honest, not only does he have 5 goals this year but (and I know +/- is not a respected stat around here) he also is a -33, yes a MINUS THIRTY-THREE in 30 games. That is almost impossible to achieve. You would have to AVERAGE being on the ice for one more goal than scored in every single game of the season. Does that sound like a Trotz player? And before anyone says he is on the worst team in the league. There are only two other players on that team who are even a -17 or worse and the other two are -25. So he is so far and away worse than anyone even on his own team defensively.
What I really want for the Isles is Hoffman.

Hoffman is not on the market may not ever be - Florida is part of the conversation in the Atlantic.

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
The team is off to a historic start and is a top-3 team in the NHL...
PWJ yeah I get that the team is once again playing well and that Trotz is the greatest coach on the planet with that said this team as it is currently constructed could possibly win 1 round in the playoffs and then be home watching games on tv like the rest of us, and then we can all talk about the historic regular season they were having while someone else is winning the Stanley Cup. I root like hell for this team but I am not disillusioned.

Reactions: CREW99AW

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006

Looks like things are close. I guess Lou told Shero
he doesn’t want him playing tonight. Hahah

Reactions: Rengi

Pumpkin Pal

Oct 17, 2014
Is there actual smoke to the isles being involved or is it wishful thinking?

I'd love to be wrong here but I just don't see Lou doing it.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Is there actual smoke to the isles being involved or is it wishful thinking?

I'd love to be wrong here but I just don't see Lou doing it.

Elliotte Friedman mentioned the Isles on his podcast and said when Lou thinks his team can win it all he goes for it. But said he can’t call up Lou and ask him about Hall because he wouldn’t say a word

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I hope Colorado pays through the nose. I don't want him.

Yes you do. We know these past few years of sharing your opinion on him has all been an act.

Isles just need to reacquire HaRmonic to add to their first round pick and finish it off with Jermey Colliton. Hall is as good as an Isle! :sarcasm:

Reactions: PWJunior

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
this just digs up thoughts of how much of a haul the Isles could have had for pajama boy if he just said he was really unsure what he wanted to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->