Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I hope Colorado pays through the nose. I don't want him.

I'm sure plenty will cry and curse Lou if we don't get him so looking forward to that. Haven't seen the Chicken Littles lately, this will bring them out of hiding.

No one is ever good enough for these islanders...

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Several teams have expressed interest in Hall, including the Avalanche, New York Islanders, Arizona Coyotes, Edmonton Oilers, Dallas Stars and St. Louis Blues, among others, though it’s unclear which team may be pulling ahead of the rest.

From Pagnotta. What can they all give? I think Colorado(Timmons; Byram) and us(Dobson, Wilde, Wahlstrom) have the best pieces to offer

Reactions: xECK29x

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I'm very leery of a guy with 10 years in the league and only 5 playoff games. But like always, In Lou We Trust. If he does trade for him, trust that he sees the whole picture.

Reactions: PWJunior

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
This new host tonight for On The Fly looks like a young Geri Halliwell. Lauren Gardner.

Saw this on the main board...

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Devils(Shero) with the right play here. Start way before the deadline so you have time to come to a deal, teams can bid against each other, and while trading him now might be able to squeeze a bit more out of a team because they will have Hall for more than half the season.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Devils(Shero) with the right play here. Start way before the deadline so you have time to come to a deal, teams can bid against each other, and while trading him now might be able to squeeze a bit more out of a team because they will have Hall for more than half the season.

The first report that NJ was shopping Hall, said half a dozen teams were pushing for Hall,but teams were balking at moving bluechippers for a player unlikely to sign an extension.

The next report was that Shero was trying to create a stronger market by tossing out the impression of a mystery team or teams.

I am gonna guess the market for Hall has not changed. If any team out there was willing to move a Dobson type youngster , Hall would already be an ex-Devil.
The experienced Shero is doing his job, trying to get another GM to panic.
Tonight the press and fans were discussing Taylor Hall's packed bags in a hallway :laugh:
I hope he ends up in Arizona

Reactions: Lek and dood

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The first report that NJ was shopping Hall, said half a dozen teams were pushing for Hall,but teams were balking at moving bluechippers for a player unlikely to sign an extension.

The next report was that Shero was trying to create a stronger market by tossing out the impression of a mystery team or teams.

I am gonna guess the market for Hall has not changed. If any team out there was willing to move a Dobson type youngster , Hall would already be an ex-Devil.
The experienced Shero is doing his job, trying to get another GM to panic.
Tonight the press and fans were discussing Taylor Hall's packed bags in a hallway :laugh:
I hope he ends up in Arizona

for a rental I’d never move that type of blue chip prospect. The only team I could see giving a really good prospect is Colorado because they have young Stars and a deep and talented prospect pool.

Hall is most definitely going to free agency. He’s this years big fish and he’s going to want to cash in. Teams must know that.

Reactions: MJF and dood

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
for a rental I’d never move that type of blue chip prospect. The only team I could see giving a really good prospect is Colorado because they have young Stars and a deep and talented prospect pool.

Hall is most definitely going to free agency. He’s this years big fish and he’s going to want to cash in. Teams must know that.

The ironic part is that while I expect Hall to test the July 1st ufa market, get teams bidding against each other, I wouldn't be surprised if he chose to sign with Colorado.As you point out, they have a talented,young core and deep prospect pool .

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The ironic part is that while I expect Hall to test the July 1st ufa market, get teams bidding against each other, I wouldn't be surprised if he chose to sign with Colorado.As you point out, they have a talented,young core and deep prospect pool .

I wouldn’t be surprised either.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Any interest in Kovy for the rest of the year. Hall isn't coming here, Hoffman will not be traded from a contender. Zucker's Wild are still in it. If he takes pennies, I'm OK with that. A contract that will end its value roughly around June 18th.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
i would hope LL would be in there driving the price up, even if he didn't want him... ;)

i recognize Hall's value, but i don't want him if we have to overpay. would rather we overpaid for Simmonds, since it would not cost as much, and he's more what we need for success in the PO's, IMO.

him and maybe try and sneak Nemeth out of Detroit. a LHD with some shutdown ability and size would be nice, and he prolly won't cost much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Islanders4Cups

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Any interest in Kovy for the rest of the year. Hall isn't coming here, Hoffman will not be traded from a contender. Zucker's Wild are still in it. If he takes pennies, I'm OK with that. A contract that will end its value roughly around June 18th.

Could Trotz get Kovy to play a defensively responsible game?

Gonna be interesting to see if Lou pursues him.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Could Trotz get Kovy to play a defensively responsible game?

Gonna be interesting to see if Lou pursues him.

I don't think Trotz will turn him into a Nelson or Cizikas, that said, I believe Trotz can gain enough respect where Kovy will backcheck and respond to simple defensive assignments. He only has to do it for a few months on a winning team. Put Bailey on RW to cover for defensive duties.

Kovy-Barz-Bailey

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Hall is not worth more than 7 per year over 7 years tops...8 over 4 or less..... more is an over payment. No interest if he costs more or is a rental.

Kovy might be interesting, if all he wants is to play for the remainder of the season and is not looking to really get paid....though really...i would still be waiting to see what is available come deadline time unless something big time falls into my lap.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018

There is no guarantee that the Panthers will be contending. If you like the Caps, Islanders, Bruins, Penguins and Canes in the dance (all 40 point teams right now- and I think they are all built to contend and make it)- then there are only 3 more that can be in the dance:

Philly (39)
Bufflao (38)
Montreal (36)
TB (35)
NYR (35)
Florida (35)
Toronto (34)

Only 3 out of these 7 are getting in....and personally right now, I like Philly, Montreal and TB...bottom line is easily 1-2 of these could be out of it come the deadline and that could very well be Florida

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I just don't see how Arizona or St. Louis have the cap to get a deal done without major pieces being moved, Arizona has the least cap available of any club (crazy times), $1,675,042 with LTIR in use. St. Louis is 7th with $4,945,000 with LTIR in use, Isles are 4th from the bottom with $9,876,388, easy for us to do.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

Also if the team that gets Hall now falls flat he can be traded at the deadline . Unless he tells that team please don't tr91de me this is where I hope to be in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad