Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2019-20 Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
No excuse to get beat out by the Coyotes. We’re a top team, Barzal, Pulock and Toews are all going to get huge raises this summer. Now is the time you go for it and acquire a guy like Hall. If the Arizona freaking Coyotes get him I am going to be steamed

Reactions: xECK29x

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

If he costs no assets and signs for a small salary and his contract is done at the end of the year I would be interested as a Hail Mary. I wouldn't take his contract from LA though.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

And despite numerous teams being involved, I feel like Devils fans won't be thrilled with the return.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Jimmy Murphy is a hack. Don’t buy it.

anyway, why is this good. Why in the world
would you not want Hall?

I'd love him as a rental, but I'm not trading anything of significance for a rental. Unless I see a signature on a contract before he is traded to us, he is a rental. No ifs, ands, or buts. Dobson is absolutely untouchable and I'm not dealing Wahlstrom or Sorokin. Unless the Devils are willing to accept a deal from us with not including those 3 then I would be ok with that. It won't be considering multiple teams are involved. So I pass.

As for Hall, I've never been a big fan. I've written novels over the years about it so I won't rehash it. I was all in on Panarin because I liked the fit and felt he was the RIGHT guy to get. Don't feel that way about Hall, never did.

Last edited:

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
If a key piece to the trade is Raanta that makes sense for the Devils

A 30 year old goalie shouldn’t be the center piece of a trade involving their star player. It should be young prospects/roster player. Blackwood is their future in goal anyway

Reactions: periferal

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
From the main board:

Per Hockey Night Hotstove: Coyotes the front runner. Believed their top 2 prospects are NOT part of the offer. Hanging over Bahl. Believed Coyotes were the first to make a formal offer, and Devils have tried to up it with other teams and struggled. They have not given any teams permission to speak with Hall.

Not letting Hall talk to teams about a contract guarantees a depressed return. Arizona haggling over Bahl tells you all you need to know.

Last edited:
Reactions: YearlyLottery

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
From the main board:

Per Hockey Night Hotstove: Coyotes the front runner. Believed their top 2 prospects are NOT part of the offer. Hanging over Bahl. Believed Coyotes were the first to make a formal offer, and Devils have tried to up it with other teams and struggled. They have not given any teams permission to speak with Hall.

I am souring on Hall. I am not positive on an 8 year deal he would be a great fit here for the entirety of that contract. I would have given the contract to Stone or Panarin as well.

Reactions: PWJunior

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I am souring on Hall. I am not positive on an 8 year deal he would be a great fit here for the entirety of that contract. I would have given the contract to Stone or Panarin as well.

No way I'd want to give Hall a mega deal, that's a big reason why I don't want to acquire him. Any team that gets him is invariably going to try and re-sign him and that scenario scares the crap out of me. I just want to bang for a while, not put a ring on it.

I prefer looking for a quality #3C/#4C that can take pressure off Cizikas. Shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to acquire.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
From the main board:

Not letting Hall talk to teams about a contract guarantees a depressed return. Arizona haggling over Bahl tells you all you need to know.
Letting him talk to other teams delays the process, he's going UFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad