Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Shopping List For Forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
If an offensive defenseman with 9 points and a $3.9M cap hit gets a 1st, then draft picks have no value. I was a big fan of Dumba's when he was in Red Deer but injuries and other issues have taken their toll. Right now his biggest concern is getting a new contact next year after a very disappointing year in AZ.
It’s the kind of thing that makes me doubt the reporter as any kind of insider. Dumba struggled to find a job in the summer eventually settling for the one year deal in Arizona.

Then again, defensemen are often overvalued this time of year and Dumba still has a “name.”

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Sitting 8th in GF is not exactly great. Not bad either. But I prefer we are comfortably in the top 5.

Want more scoring from the bottom 6? Well, Buchnevich pushing Kane and Foegele down 1-2 spots will do that.
Top 5 in goals per game. Getting a Tanev and strengthening the pk and bottom 6 goals against at evens will go a long way towards wins in the playoffs. During the 16 game win streak the Oilers weren’t blowing up the scoreboard., they were relying on a strong pk and team defensive structure that kept teams to 2 goals or less on most nights.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

The only way any of these defensemen are worth a 1st is if the team is willing to retain 50% or take a "bloated contract" back in return. And that includes Tanev. Have any of you watched his games fixedly this season. Buyer beware.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Thread must of been deleted, can’t find it

1709146973674.png

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Pierre Lebrun just said that the Oilers looked at Max Pacioretty. I think it's at the 27 minute mark.

I heard that too.

My reaction was:
- we tried to land the better players possible available and our offers were laughed at, so now here we are
- our pro scouts were watching video tape from his days in Montreal, not realizing it’s not current video
- were dumpster diving on forwards because we have stellar deals in place for a 1st pair Dman and a 1A goalie
- we looked and quickly said no thanks, please

LeBrun needed to provide additional context.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Philly could actually be a realistic Campbell landing spot. They need a goalie to keep them in a playoff position but won’t pay up for the likes of Saros or Markstrom, and they also are in a spot where they need prospect/picks. Campbell, 1st, 2nd, and a decent prospect for Laughton and Walker?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This is why the Brown deal was so, so stupid. No one wanted to give a fart about next year's cap, now maybe those people are sobered up to realize, yeah actually that $3+ million in dead cap really was needed.
Outside of the Campbell contract, this might be the most damaging move Holland made in his tenure even moreso than the Nurse contract because at least Nurse is a good, valuable player even if overpaid. They're paying a ghost (a ghost on the ice this season and a literal ghost) next season $3.25m in what is another win now season in what is soon to be a shrinking Cup window.

I honestly think this season and next are their only real shots to win a Cup. Once those enormous contracts kick in after next season (assuming that Drai wants to be here), I think it's just about curtains for true Cup contention thereafter so this season and next is the window IMO so that Brown dead money is going to be detrimental in not being able to add a critical piece.

Reactions: Soundwave

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
People make a big deal out of what games our scouts are at, but I think it would be much more telling to know which teams scouts are viewing Condors games regularly. You should be able to infer which players we are after from that.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This is a bit of an over pay but it's what will be needed to shed JC's contract.

To Calgary:

Campbell
Broberg
Lavoie
Ceci
2 1st round picks

To Edm:

Markstrom
Tanev

Thoughts?
Calgary laughs and hangs up the phone. It's basically Ceci, Lavoie and Broberg for Markstrom and Tanev as the two 1sts cover the Campbell contract. That's insulting for Calgary.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Calgary laughs and hangs up the phone. It's basically Ceci, Lavoie and Broberg for Markstrom and Tanev as the two 1sts cover the Campbell contract. That's insulting for Calgary.
If teams weren't so picky, they all could have gotten Monahan for a 1st and flip him for another 1st.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1