Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Shopping List For Forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Then Louie DeBrusk might actually want us to win.
Sure, his issue, like many, he's listening too much to the Sportsnet brass, and he needs to be more like Ray Ferraro with basically "f*** you I'll do the game how I like"

Gazzola said Buchnevich is 100% being discussed by Edmonton
Good, I actually really see him as good fit (If the cap can work)

Another big, heavy body that has skill can really help wear teams out in the playoffs.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Any ideas on what kind of cap gymnastics we would have to perform to fit Buchnevich?

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Gazzola said Buchnevich is 100% being discussed by Edmonton
Probably strategizing how to make Vegas up their offer so they can’t add even more with Stone’s LTIR money. Drive that price up Kenny. I just can’t see the Oilers blowing their entire deadline budget on a single winger when multiple holes can be filled for the same price. Mantha has more even strength goals than Buchnevic. Nic Dowd could have just as much impact in a playoff series.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Probably strategizing how to make Vegas up their offer so they can’t add even more with Stone’s LTIR money. Drive that price up Kenny. I just can’t see the Oilers blowing their entire deadline was on a single winger when multiple holes can be filled for the same price. Mantha has more even strength goals than Buchnevic. Nic Dowd could have just as much impact in a playoff series.
They look like they're going to get Eichel back sooner (I'll believe it when I see it), but I will still say, I think Reilly Smith is at the top of their list.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't know exactly how it works, cap wise (obviously retentions), but if the Oilers can bring in both Buchnevich and Mantha, I think they get significantly harder to play against at forward.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Any ideas on what kind of cap gymnastics we would have to perform to fit Buchnevich?

I don't know exactly how it works, cap wise (obviously retentions), but if the Oilers can bring in both Buchnevich and Mantha, I think they get significantly harder to play against at forward.

So it looks like if we would have enough money to add Tanev and Buch assuming ceci and foegele are sent out.

View attachment 826722

I posted earlier that it wouldn't be that hard. We would just have to wait until the deadline, send out Ceci/Foegele and get Tanev at 50% (or down low enough)

1709157969189.png

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don't mind Mantha, but hard to play against he ain't. He has 30 hits in 54 games. Ryan McLeod is more physical than he is.

Buchnevich, though... shut up and take my money.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't mind Mantha, but hard to play against he ain't. He has 30 hits in 54 games. Ryan McLeod is more physical than he is.

Buchnevich, though... shut up and take my money.
It doesn't have to hits, it's not the 90s. Just being big, heavy, fast and skilled, it's hard to keep dealing with that, on the cycle, on the rush, on the forecheck.

Over a series, through the playoffs, those guys can pay dividends.

Play Campbell ten NHL games in a row.
I agree, the Sharks should do this.

Lots of tire spinning. You're on the clock, Mr. Holland.
So, with no LTIR, it is to the Oilers advantage (mostly) to wait as late as possible to fit the most players in, basically. Trust me, I want to something to happen, but I understand why the wait is on going.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It doesn't have to hits, it's not the 90s. Just being big, heavy, fast and skilled, it's hard to keep dealing with that, on the cycle, on the rush, on the forecheck.

Over a series, through the playoffs, those guys can pay dividends.

I agree, the Sharks should do this.

So, with no LTIR, it is to the Oilers advantage (mostly) to wait as late as possible to fit the most players in, basically. Trust me, I want to something to happen, but I understand why the wait is on going.
I will wait until the TDL passes to cast judgment but going on the road against Vegas during the playoffs just... doesn't seem great.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I will wait until the TDL passes to cast judgment but going on the road against Vegas during the playoffs just... doesn't seem great.
Sure, I'm trying not to doom and gloom this, because that shit largely sucks and this team isn't awful.

They have a very high level to their game, but it's definitely a put up or shut up for Holland and Co.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Everyone thinks it’s the Flames holding up trades leading up to the deadline, but it’s really Old Man Holland who’s putting massive offers on everybody out there, but can’t pull the trigger until he maximizes cap accrual. 🤔

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad