Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Shopping List For Forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Outside of the Campbell contract, this might be the most damaging move Holland made in his tenure even moreso than the Nurse contract because at least Nurse is a good, valuable player even if overpaid. They're paying a ghost (a ghost on the ice this season and a literal ghost) next season $3.25m in what is another win now season in what is soon to be a shrinking Cup window.

I honestly think this season and next are their only real shots to win a Cup. Once those enormous contracts kick in after next season (assuming that Drai wants to be here), I think it's just about curtains for true Cup contention thereafter so this season and next is the window IMO so that Brown dead money is going to be detrimental in not being able to add a critical piece.
Jeff Jackson so thoroughly pantsing Ken Holland in that negotiation that he wound up Holland's boss is one of the funniest things to ever happen in Oilers history.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Calgary laughs and hangs up the phone. It's basically Ceci, Lavoie and Broberg for Markstrom and Tanev as the two 1sts cover the Campbell contract. That's insulting for Calgary.
maybe, maybe not. They want a 1st rounder for Tanev alone. But as stated the problem is Campbell. Devils are in desperate need of a goalie and I can see them coughing up two first for Markstrom

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Staios just said they aren't trading Brady

If they were treating Brady, I'd expect him to say they aren't trading Brady. Now... I'd be surprised if they trade Brady instead of giving him the keys and doing whatever it took to get him to stay.

But that said, literally nothing gms say till after the trade deadline is anything but PR and negotiating tactics. And even most of it after the be TDL is PR and negotiating tactics.

Probably written by Anna Kane's new boyfriend or some shit

Man could you imagine dating someone who still had their exes last name, paid attention to their work on a day to day basis, and posted about them on their social media?

Good Lord. Hopefully the sex is great because that sounds like a literal nightmare, even if she wasn't clearly unhinged.

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
If they were treating Brady, I'd expect him to say they aren't trading Brady. Now... I'd be surprised if they trade Brady instead of giving him the keys and doing whatever it took to get him to stay.

But that said, literally nothing gms say till after the trade deadline is anything but PR and negotiating tactics. And even most of it after the be TDL is PR and negotiating tactics.

Man could you imagine dating someone who still had their exes last name, paid attention to their work on a day to day basis, and posted about them on their social media?

Good Lord. Hopefully the sex is great because that sounds like a literal nightmare, even if she wasn't clearly unhinged.
Never stick your dick in crazy.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Imagine if we had more depth on defence. True three pairing depth. The ability to concentrate on specific areas goes through the roof. More overall skill from the backend meets all the requirements to win tight hockey games.

Pick and chose who has the tougher matchups, modulate time on ice on a game by game basis, control matchups in the defensive zone including coverage expectations, individualized set breakouts and offensive zone plays.

Look at Vegas. They have 3 absolute monster pairings including two number one defensemen.

Alec Martinez - Alexa Pietrangelo
Brayden McNabb - Shea Theodore
Nicolas Hague - Zach Whitecloud

Strengthen our third pairing so we can compete. One of Kulak or Desharnais needs to be replaced with a significant upgrade. It's the single obvious move that will improve the Edmonton Oilers the most in the postseason.

I don't think Ceci is going anywhere because he plays the right side. I don't think Tanev is all that much of an upgrade on Ceci.

The Nurse - Ceci pairing would have reduced ice time and easier matchups with a stronger third pairing at the team's disposal. The Ekholm - Bouchard pairing would absolutely improve.

Obviously an improved third pairing would take on more of the endeavor from the backend overall.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

8hdwjh.jpg

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Dave Pagnotta says Jusse Saros wants $8M+ on his next contract.

We are riding and dying with Shhhhhkinner

Oh well, it is what it is

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Dave Pagnotta says Jusse Saros wants $8M+ on his next contract.

We are riding and dying with Shhhhhkinner

Oh well, it is what it is

I'd be looking to see a strong sample of Saros on a team that isn't the Predators (defensively conscious) before I would even think about that kind of deal.

Saros is a good goalie (I think), but that deal would have a whole lot of risk on it for a team that plays a looser game and are hoping to solve their goaltending problems in one shot. I'd even handicap it at more likely a deal like that totally flops than it is working out or even coming close to working out.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'd be looking to see a strong sample of Saros on a team that isn't the Predators (defensively conscious) before I would even think about that kind of deal.

Saros is a good goalie (I think), but that deal would have a whole lot of risk on it for a team that plays a looser game and are hoping to solve their goaltending problems in one shot. I'd even handicap it at more likely a deal like that totally flops than it is working out or even coming close to working out.
This feels like a deal the Sens will hand out, as Korpisalo didn't quite work out.

Reactions: Canovin

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023

Besides this year, he has been a top 5 for a while

8 is still too much for a goalie. I would go 6 max

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I’ll say it before and I’ll say it again. It’s not a personal belief- it’s straight up discrimination
Are you not discriminating against Provorov and all those who share his religious beliefs?

The player wouldn't wear a f***ing hockey jersey. If no one brought it up no one would have been aware of this so called incident to make a foolish ordeal out of it.

He never burnt someone's house down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA