Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Shopping List For Forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Kuzmenko - in 8 games, 3g 1A -2

early returns look pretty bad for the canucks. Ghost of Benning is real with that franchise

Eh he was in Tochett’s doghouse.

He wasn’t going to flourish there unless the coach was going but for obvious reasons that wasn’t gonna happen. Canucks sold low but couldn’t avoid it due to a trade request.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Eh he was in Tochett’s doghouse.

He wasn’t going to flourish there unless the coach was going but for obvious reasons that wasn’t gonna happen. Canucks sold low but couldn’t avoid it due to a trade request.
I still think he, Kuzmenko, needs to be an environment of more Chaos to really find success.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Ceci, Bourgault, 2nd for Sissons and a half price Carrier.

Broberg, 1st, Foegele, and future 2nd for Dowd, Lindgren, half price Jensen, and 25% Mantha. Washington pays the 4th/5th for 3rd party to take 25% of Mantha’s cap.

RNH McDavid Hyman
Kane Drai Mantha
McLeod Sissons Perry
Holloway Dowd Brown
Janmark
Ryan

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Carrier
Kulak Jensen
Desharnais

Skinner
Lindgren

That’s a deep roster that could sustain a few injuries in the playoffs.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Ceci, Bourgault, 2nd for Sissons and a half price Carrier.

Broberg, 1st, Foegele, and future 2nd for Dowd, Lindgren, half price Jensen, and 25% Mantha. Washington pays the 4th/5th for 3rd party to take 25% of Mantha’s cap.

RNH McDavid Hyman
Kane Drai Mantha
McLeod Sissons Perry
Holloway Dowd Brown
Janmark
Ryan

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Carrier
Kulak Jensen
Desharnais

Skinner
Lindgren

That’s a deep roster that could sustain a few injuries in the playoffs.
I sincerely don't hate this, it's just ALOT of change.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I sincerely don't hate this, it's just ALOT of change.
Washington does have a lot of what we need. You could probably get 3 of those pieces from them, and maybe all 4, for the same price as Buchnevic. Jensen at half price is nice insurance if Desharnais asks for too much this summer too. Carrier and Mantha could also re-sign at a decent rate. Sissons, Dowd, and Lindgren have term.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I wonder if Philly would bite on a Campbell plus a pick for Petersen and Laughton?

Petersen only has a year left on his deal.
I think they, the Flyers, might have to believe that Campbell can provide them something in goal. I think, though, there is a chance that Campbell could be a better NHL goalie than Petersen.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I think they, the Flyers, might have to believe that Campbell can provide them something in goal. I think, though, there is a chance that Campbell could be a better NHL goalie than Petersen.
I mean it’s not that outrageous to think Campbell could somewhat bounce back on another team.

Philly fans are more ruthless than us though so I’m not sure that’s the place to do it. Haha.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I mean it’s not that outrageous to think Campbell could somewhat bounce back on another team.

Philly fans are more ruthless than us though so I’m not sure that’s the place to do it. Haha.
The no name dude who has played 8/9 games for them has like a 0.908 and 2.xx avg too lol. I see it on Twitter.

Would be nice if Briere bailed us out.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I'm going to make a bold prediction that Campbell returns after the trade deadline, plays lights out and leads us to the finals while getting Smythe votes.
Campbell is currently the best goaltender in the Oilers system. If they don't trade for a goaltender they better be working on a way to get him back playing for the Oilers and they need to stop f***ing around with his head. The roster count and cap complications be damned.

• Haha
Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I’ll say it before and I’ll say it again. It’s not a personal belief- it’s straight up discrimination
That's your personal belief and you're welcome to it. I don't know Provolov so can't comment on his character.

The NHL got caught overextending its workplace business strategy by expecting 100% of its global workforce to subscribe to its social values ... which is being driven by reputational and image enhancement need; business development opportunity with a critical consumer segment and aligned lucrative corporate sponsorship opportunities. Whether Bell or the NHL, no corporate employee should be uniformly expected to wear a shirt or advocate something that furthers their employer business goals at expense of their own values. The NHL and pro hockey have an abysmal history of homophobic, misogynistic, racist, collusion with its union to cheat its workforce out of insurance and salary. This same league put out a lame media release about expansion interest in Utah the same day the bombshell fell about a sexual assault trial of its employees moving forward to a court trial.

Pride Games and support is a great thing and important initiative. But in terms of league strategy it should have been negotiated with its unionized workforce and consideration given to execute without alienating players that don't align with it. Let's look at the positive steps being made instead of judging and scapegoating a few players that said this exceeds what they feel is appropriate by their corporate employer:

Said You Can Play chief operating officer Kurt Weaver: "Let's say it's 20 years ago, I think we have at that point maybe three people who would wear Pride jerseys. So now we're going to have 19 of 20 wearing them. [That's] a huge amount of progress. I think for us to expect every player, every time, to do this is probably unrealistic."

Let's be clear here. I am very supportive of Pride and all marginalized communities. But I certainly have a jaded eye to the motivation of corporate business strategy especially pro sports that have too often a halo effect that protects and romaticizes their practices around the pure profit motivation that drives their raison d'être.

Anywho, way off topic. Provorov the hockey player would be a great fit for the Oilers if double retained. It's an organization that has succeeded with black sheep and the community seems to respond well to the players at issue and often embrace them personally beyond the perceived public issue and transgression. Understanding and empathy is good for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad