Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Shopping List For Forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
A top-5 draft candidate for 2025?
He's eligible this year. Going a little under the radar because his defense isn't top notch. I think he'll go top5. Numbers aren't everything, but he's about to put up a 30+ goal/100 point season as a defenseman with the next guy on his team being 20 points behind him.

Saginaw is hosting the Memorial Cup, so he'll get to showcase himself there too.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
We'd be like the 2011 Vancouver Canucks. Nobody likes the bad guy... Except the bad guy himself of course!

I think we'd be much closer to that 2011 bruins team. The nucks kind of just agitated and turtled / dove, versus that bruins team that had like Chara + Ference + Lucic + Horton etc

Which we'd have Tkachuk + Kane + Nurse + Perry. Not a lot of teams if any have that kind of functional beef all throughout the lineup.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
The Oilers are also not winning anything if the 2nd line isn't a threat.
What other teams have the luxury of a recent league MVP and either a 25 goal power forward or point per game Nuge on their 2nd line? Scoring goals isn’t the Oilers problem.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I’d prioritize a Ceci upgrade and bottom 6 centers like Sissons and Dowd before adding a fancy winger like Buchnevic. The Oilers aren’t winning shit if they go into the playoffs with McLeod and Ryan as their bottom 6 centers.

Just go out and get them all.

1709143964014.png

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
The Oilers are also not winning anything if the 2nd line isn't a threat.

Our 2nd line isn't a threat?

Whether it's Drai McLeod Foegele or Drai Kane Foegele it's still 35-44 EV goals...

Also, I don't know where this Kane can't score narrative is really coming from, he's 2nd on our team in EV goals with 18. You can't blame him for not getting any power play time.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

In what f***ing world does Armstrong live in to even think Dumba is worth a 1st. Might as well move Ceci for a 1st too. NHL GM's are so dumb.

If an offensive defenseman with 9 points and a $3.9M cap hit gets a 1st, then draft picks have no value. I was a big fan of Dumba's when he was in Red Deer but injuries and other issues have taken their toll. Right now his biggest concern is getting a new contact next year after a very disappointing year in AZ.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Our 2nd line isn't a threat?

Whether it's Drai McLeod Foegele or Drai Kane Foegele it's still 35-44 EV goals...

Also, I don't know where this Kane can't score narrative is really coming from, he's 2nd on our team in EV goals with 18. You can't blame him for not getting any power play time.
Sitting 8th in GF is not exactly great. Not bad either. But I prefer we are comfortably in the top 5.

Want more scoring from the bottom 6? Well, Buchnevich pushing Kane and Foegele down 1-2 spots will do that.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Sitting 8th in GF is not exactly great. Not bad either. But I prefer we are comfortably in the top 5.

Want more scoring from the bottom 6? Well, Buchnevich pushing Kane and Foegele down 1-2 spots will do that.
We have games in hand on all of teams. Our scoring is right there with the top contenders in the league. Getting the GA down should be priorities 1, 2, 3. After that you can think about scoring.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If an offensive defenseman with 9 points and a $3.9M cap hit gets a 1st, then draft picks have no value. I was a big fan of Dumba's when he was in Red Deer but injuries and other issues have taken their toll. Right now his biggest concern is getting a new contact next year after a very disappointing year in AZ.
He's a guy as maybe not playing everyday depth, not a 1st to play in your top-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad