Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Pre season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
With the amount of RFAs unsigned, and guys who appear to be "moving" on from their current team's, I suspect the next couple of days might be busy.

I honestly I sort of still expect Faulk ending up with the Oilers, though I don't know how that deal will break down exactly.

I really thought Nurse would have been under contract by now. As we inch closer to main camp, Leavins thinks Nurse and his agent will blink first and they sign a bridge deal around $3 million. However, they play their first pre-season game next Monday so I'm presuming main camp opens the 12th or 13th with fitness testing. That's two to three days to get it done...the longer this goes without, I fear Nurse will eventually be *part of a Faulk trade (*: whatever money also needs to be sent to make the cap work).

I'm okay with getting Faulk but not at the expense of Nurse.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I really thought Nurse would have been under contract by now. As we inch closer to main camp, Leavins thinks Nurse and his agent will blink first and they sign a bridge deal around $3 million. However, they play their first pre-season game next Monday so I'm presuming main camp opens the 12th or 13th with fitness testing. That's two to three days to get it done...the longer this goes without, I fear Nurse will eventually be *part of a Faulk trade (*: whatever money also needs to be sent to make the cap work).

I'm okay with getting Faulk but not at the expense of Nurse.

Think bigger: Nurse as part of a Karlsson deal.

Reactions: nexttothemoon

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
The trade on its own value wise I think goes to MTL, but Vegas is doing a good job keeping their window open.
Neal, Perron out. Stastny, Pacioretty in. Those are good veteran replacements. The team is essentially the same as the SCF team.

I don't think Vegas is going to have as big a fall back in the standings as some are predicting. Not to mention Erik Karlsson being a real possibility for them as well.

Division keeps improving and we are banking on a lot of internal improvement that is far from a given. Year is gonna be a tough fought one.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
With the amount of RFAs unsigned, and guys who appear to be "moving" on from their current team's, I suspect the next couple of days might be busy.

I honestly I sort of still expect Faulk ending up with the Oilers, though I don't know how that deal will break down exactly.

I agree with you in regards to Faulk being in Oilers silks.

Regarding a potential trade....I think the most logical trade is probably Strome for Faulk with pieces added to balance it. They need a C (just a forward in general) and we need an offensive dmen (preferably right shot). Needs match up.

Based on Stauffers comment a few weeks ago and Kurt Leavins article: Blueprint for Oilers signing Darnell Nurse but also one more solid NHL d-man I think we will see Strome moved for Faulk at some point in pre-season (my guess would be right before the season begins). I think the Nurse signing might be done also but we are waiting either for the trade to go down or we start the season, put Sekera on LTIR and then sign Nurse.

Those would be my best guesses.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
I don't think we move Strome. I think the brass wants to see if he can solidify his spot as a 3C on this team while keeping Nuge up on the top unit.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Think bigger: Nurse as part of a Karlsson deal.

Count me in with the minority that doesn't want to acquire Karlsson. The cost to get him then keep him wouldn't be worth it. Plus this whole cyber-bullying thing they're involved in...I'm really starting to think they've falsely accused Hoffman's gf in all this and if that's the case, I wouldn't want the PR nightmare. I don't want to derail the thread into a Hoffman vs Karlsson thing so that's all I way say about that until something more concrete gets released in the media swaying the pendulum towards one side or the other, whenever that will be.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I agree with you in regards to Faulk being in Oilers silks.

Regarding a potential trade....I think the most logical trade is probably Strome for Faulk with pieces added to balance it. They need a C (just a forward in general) and we need an offensive dmen (preferably right shot). Needs match up.

Based on Stauffers comment a few weeks ago and Kurt Leavins article: Blueprint for Oilers signing Darnell Nurse but also one more solid NHL d-man I think we will see Strome moved for Faulk at some point in pre-season (my guess would be right before the season begins). I think the Nurse signing might be done also but we are waiting either for the trade to go down or we start the season, put Sekera on LTIR and then sign Nurse.

Those would be my best guesses.
Never thought of that, but that would work, though they need to find another Center though, unless we think that Khaira can do the job.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Nurse isn't going anywhere, but I can see us getting Faulk for sure.

The only way Nurse would get traded, is if it was for a big fish like Karlsson; however, I don't see us realistically being in that type of conversation.

With some of the hints that Stauffer has been dropping, Faulk might be a possibility.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bergevin says Pacioretty will sign an extension with Vegas soon as part of the parameters of the trade.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
I don't think we move Strome. I think the brass wants to see if he can solidify his spot as a 3C on this team while keeping Nuge up on the top unit.

I think it depends on how training camp goes (which Stauffer was hinting at as well).

If Brodziak (C), Khaira (C) and Upshall (W) all look capable I think Strome gets moved. If not, then he will probably stay.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
I just want Caggiula moved. He isn't skilled enough for top 6 minutes and isn't a good checker for bottom 6 mins.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Kind of love both of these, though there's a big difference between Simmonds and Gallagher going forward.

I like Simmonds more but from a cap perspective Gallagher is certainly more appealing. He's also friends with Lucic I think, and having a little shit disturber opposite him could do wonders for 27's game.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I like Simmonds more but from a cap perspective Gallagher is certainly more appealing. He's also friends with Lucic I think, and having a little **** disturber opposite him could do wonders for 27's game.
I think Gallagher would do wonders for all of the top-6 with his style of play. I thought that Gallagher's contract was more expensive, I'm really on board with him.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I think Gallagher would do wonders for all of the top-6 with his style of play. I thought that Gallagher's contract was more expensive, I'm really on board with him.

3.75 for 3 more years for Gallagher. Simmonds is just under 4 per but is a pending UFA. I'd even think about Pulju for Gallagher.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Count me in with the minority that doesn't want to acquire Karlsson. The cost to get him then keep him wouldn't be worth it. Plus this whole cyber-bullying thing they're involved in...I'm really starting to think they've falsely accused Hoffman's gf in all this and if that's the case, I wouldn't want the PR nightmare. I don't want to derail the thread into a Hoffman vs Karlsson thing so that's all I way say about that until something more concrete gets released in the media swaying the pendulum towards one side or the other, whenever that will be.

Karlsson is a pipedream, but man I could not possibly care less about the off-ice stuff. I think he'd move us to contender status overnight. Oh well.

Reactions: Aerrol

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Strome for Faulk

Benning, Caggiula, 2nd for Simmonds or Gallagher

Looks like scraps for valuable assets.

I could see the Canes having some interest in Strome but the Oilers are going to have to add something worthwhile to get them to bite IMO.
Simmonds will cost a 1st at minimum (the Oilers would have to send out salary as well) and the Habs will probably want RNH for Gallagher.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Im blown away people actually think MTL won that deal. I guess its a case of overvaluing CHL prospects and undervaluing NHL players after a down (and massively unlucky) season. Suzuki is a great prospect, dont get me wrong, but players picked ~9th-16th have a pretty average track record for actually turning out. I think fans still hold this notion that prospects picked in this range are mostly sure bets. In reality, its a pretty even distribution for these guys actually turning into studs vs turning into average NHL players vs turning into depth players vs never turning out. So NS has just as good of a chance of being a 25+ goal scorer as he does of busting, and it is more likely than not he does not end up as a top line player in the NHL

Tartar is a solid player but for what hes paid, he is not very valuable

Then you have Patches, who is a proven and well tested 30 goal scorer and does it consistently. And also does this with average centers and linemates. He generates a ton of offense himself, so give him some better centers in LV and let his shooting rebound to something normal and he could be in the 35-40 goal range for the next few seasons

Now if this was a rebuilding team, the trade would make sense to me. But this is a team that just gave Price a boatload of cash for a ton of years, then went all in for the short term with the Weber trade. So its a team that made a half ass attempt to go all in the past 2 years and now scraping that and doing a half ass rebuild now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad