Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Pre season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Possibly but they also have 2 of the best shut down guys in Braun and Vlasic.

Ryan - Burns
Dillon - Karlsson
Vlasic - Dillon

Bottom pairing is your shut down pairing who plays more in games they are ahead. When needing to push goals the other 2 pairings get a push.

With this they have a legit #1 d on the ice at literal all times

I'd have Vlasic with Karlsson. This way it allows Karlsson to play as the 4th forward while Vlasic takes care of the back end. With Burns you rotate between 2nd pairing and RW depending on what is needed.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'd have Vlasic with Karlsson. This way it allows Karlsson to play as the 4th forward while Vlasic takes care of the back end. With Burns you rotate between 2nd pairing and RW depending on what is needed.

Running Karlsson and Burns on separate pairings also allows the team to have at least one of those 2 players on the ice for over 80% of the game.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
McDavid has turned both of them. Not worried.

I agree in a way, it's going to be great to see McDavid blow around Karlsson 10 times a game.

But, that's not the worry.

The worry is him and Burns picking apart our defensive units for, like guymez said, 80 percent of ES time.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
No I mean maybe they should of traded him this past trade deadline, so the team getting him, would get him for two playoffs rather than just one. It would of increased his value, because hes a bit more than a rental. Thats all I am saying. But I understand why they didnt, they were probably still hopeful he would stay with the team.
That is very true, but to me it seems as if they are even more imcompetent. Because he clearly said that he wanted to stay, but added that the management had made it very clear to him that he had to go. Knowing Ottawa a bit I think that if this wasn't true the organization (owner) who have hit back at that claim right away, but they didn't. So a great f*** up all around for that team.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Running Karlsson and Burns on separate pairings also allows the team to have at least one of those 2 players on the ice for over 80% of the game.

Burns is nothing special defensively, however the offensive dynamic that both brings will be very impressive. heir forwards don't impress me, but they will be solid in net and on D.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Is it me or is there a flaw in the draft pick compensation of that Karlsson deal? The releases have the 2019 1st going to Ottawa should they miss the playoffs this season. They don't own their 1st round pick in 2019 as it was traded to Buffalo when Evander Kane re-signed in SJ this summer.

I know the likelihood of them missing is rather low, but it just seems sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad