Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | "Hi UFA, Will a 1 Year Minimum Deal and a Front Row View of McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I wonder if Olli Juolevi could make sense as that 6/7 LD option instead of bringing back a guy like Koekkoek. Just reading his scouting reports and he seems to be the opposite of Caleb Jones, who cheated a lot for offense and wasn't much of a help in the DZ.

He's 23, waiver-eligible and falling behind some of the new additions.

Would Benson for Juolevi make sense?

He's pretty bad, I would take Koekkoek over him. Ideally I'd like someone in that spot that has been around the block a few times, not someone with training wheels on.

Reactions: North

Proko88

May 6, 2010
I don’t mind this top 9…
Hyman McD Puljujarvi
McLeod Drai yam
Foegele RNH Kass
Or even replace McLeod with Holloway

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I don’t mind this top 9…
Hyman McD Puljujarvi
McLeod Drai yam
Foegele RNH Kass
Or even replace McLeod with Holloway
Honest question why do you people keep spotting RNH at 3C? He’s weak along the boards and under 50% career in face offs. If that line plays against a top pairing it gets caved pretty easily.

Proko88

May 6, 2010
Honest question why do you people keep spotting RNH at 3C? He’s weak along the boards and under 50% career in face offs. If that line plays against a top pairing it gets caved pretty easily.
With Foegele and Kassian he shouldn’t have to be on the boards, also if he’s weak on the boards then why would he be a winger?

Reactions: LTIR

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Evander Kane @50% retained for Kassian + Benson

Who says no?

Apparently a bunch of the Sharks don't want Kane back. Would be risky for us, but it's also likely he can click with McDavid or Draisaitl.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He's pretty bad, I would take Koekkoek over him. Ideally I'd like someone in that spot that has been around the block a few times, not someone with training wheels on.
I think the guy who's been around the block is already here. Russell is probably going to play a bigger role here next year than we're assuming at the moment.

Clearly what they're looking for now is a guy with some ability to PK that can compliment Bouchard's game on a bottom pairing, likely getting a bit of an offensive push. I've seen what Koekkoek brings to the table and his ability to play in his own end is not the strong part of his game.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
With Foegele and Kassian he shouldn’t have to be on the boards, also if he’s weak on the boards then why would he be a winger?
All I’m saying is he’s not a shutdown guy. He can’t win face offs and when you run a third line properly they have over 50-60% d zone starts. We lose the draw we are already behind the eight 8 ball/

Reactions: Proko88

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto

Who says no?

Apparently a bunch of the Sharks don't want Kane back. Would be risky for us, but it's also likely he can click with McDavid or Draisaitl.
Probably the Oilers ownership. PR nightmare , especially if such a transaction took place before the investigation was complete.

Reactions: frag2 and Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If they catch him gambling on NHL games, he won't be eligible for an NHL contract. They'll ban him for life.

I'm assuming the investigation clears. I doubt they can find anything unless he was dumb enough to have a literal paper trail. I also think the NHL kinda doesn't want to know the truth but they'll be on him like a hawk from now on.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

Who says no?

Who says no? Probably the majority of Oiler players, coaching staff, fanbase, front office, concession workers, janitorial staff, and the owner.

He's a toxic douchbag who has alienated every team he's been a part of

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Who says no?

Nah. The dude has a gambling addiction and should seek help before playing another game in this league (if ever).

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I'm assuming the investigation clears. I doubt they can find anything unless he was dumb enough to have a literal paper trail.

If he's betting with any kind of legal book, there will be a paper trail.

I'm a blanket no on this man anyway. He's a creep. More than one sexual assault allegation on top of this.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So the solution is to call Foegele-Nuge-Kass the 2nd line and McLeod-Drai-Yam the third :)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hard pass on Evander Kane. Guy is a problem everywhere he has been.

He needs to play well to keep his NHL career going though, suspect this last week has him scared stiff. I don't think he will be a problem behavior wise.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I think the guy who's been around the block is already here. Russell is probably going to play a bigger role here next year than we're assuming at the moment.

Clearly what they're looking for now is a guy with some ability to PK that can compliment Bouchard's game on a bottom pairing, likely getting a bit of an offensive push. I've seen what Koekkoek brings to the table and his ability to play in his own end is not the strong part of his game.

Essentially, yes.

In an ideal world a Kris Russell with a bit more size is what I'd be looking to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad