Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | "Hi UFA, Will a 1 Year Minimum Deal and a Front Row View of McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I'm assuming the investigation clears. I doubt they can find anything unless he was dumb enough to have a literal paper trail. I also think the NHL kinda doesn't want to know the truth but they'll be on him like a hawk from now on.

twitter-picture-of-kane-holding-stacks-of-cash-stirs-social-media-hornets-nest.jpg

This guy, dumb enough? Nah

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's risky but at 50% I would take a chance on Kane but only on the condition he agrees to gambling counselling.

Kane McDavid Puljujarvi
RNH Draisaitl Hyman

Is a ridiculous top 6.

moneygoalie31

Jul 14, 2007
It's risky but at 50% I would take a chance on Kane but only on the condition he agrees to gambling counselling.

Kane McDavid Puljujarvi
RNH Draisaitl Hyman

Is a ridiculous top 6.
Perhaps some hard knock lessons on how to man up and care for his wife and kids

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He's the guy who never grew out of his d-bag phase in high school.

Kane is lets be honest hardly the only d-bag in the league.

Half the guys in this league, probably more, cheat on their wives/gf.

He does have a gambling history, that they'd have to watch over him like a hawk, but I think even he knows his career is over if he can't stop doing that.

Reactions: Magnum23

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

He does have a gambling history, that they'd have to watch over him like a hawk, but I think even he knows his career is over if he can't stop doing that.
I mean there's his gambling history, his history in Winnipeg, etc.

There's levels to this. It's one thing to cheat, it's another to kick your pregnant wife and kids out of the house.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I mean there's his gambling history, his history in Winnipeg, etc.

There's levels to this. It's one thing to cheat, it's another to kick your pregnant wife and kids out of the house.

It isn't a crime to get a divorce though, the email that she even leaked states he wants to see his daughter for what I presume is an agreed upon period.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

He's been a toxic player in every locker room he's ever been in. It's no coincidence he always finds himself surrounded by drama.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I find it funny you’re against the idea of bringing on Kane but were fine with signing DeAngelo haha.
Significant difference between a guy who needs top line minutes to produce who's owed $28m over the next four seasons and a guy who needs an opportunity, making close to league minimum.

It's why context matters.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
From the Athletic article.

According to one source, the frustration with Kane stemmed from a general “disrespect for team rules,” such as being late for practices and games.
“And zero consequences came, which caused a ripple effect with other, younger guys,” added the source. According to another source: “It wasn’t easy dealing with him this season.”
Kane's agent didn't respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Evander Kane @50% retained for Kassian + Benson

Who says no?

Apparently a bunch of the Sharks don't want Kane back. Would be risky for us, but it's also likely he can click with McDavid or Draisaitl.
Everyone should be saying no. The guy is a POS. Talk about sewering the room.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Getting away from the Kane talk, let's talk about how bad the flames defence is going to be without Giordano.

Tyson Barrie had 48 points last season.

With Giordano gone the flames defence has Andersson (21), Hanafin (15), Zadorov (8), Tanev (12), Vallimaki (11) and Kylington (1) for a total of 68 points.

The Oilers have Broberg, Bouchard and Samorukov coming while the flames top picks have pretty much "arrived".

Barrie is almost as good offensively as the entire flames defence.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Getting away from the Kane talk, let's talk about how bad the flames defence is going to be without Giordano.

With Giordano gone the flames defence has Andersson (21), Hanafin (15), Zadorov (8), Tanev (12), Vallimaki (11) and Kylington (1) for a total of 68 points.

The Oilers have Broberg, Bouchard and Samorukov coming while the flames top picks have pretty much "arrived".

Oh man I hope we beat up on them for the next 5 years. They can have Bedard but they’re gonna have to get bent over a couple dozen times by us first, sorry Flames.

I lived in Calgary from 06-2014 so the coming years will be sweet for me.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

They have a couple prospects that could be decent like Connor Mackey but nobody that compares to Bouchard in terms of upside. They are going to have to pray that Hanifan and Vallimaki take big steps forward. Personally I will be happy to see them struggling for mediocrity, this would be the perfect time for them to blow it up and tank hard for a chance at some top notch prospects in the next few years before the new barn is built.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

I think Calgary is going to be at the bottom of the division next season. I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad