Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | "Hi UFA, Will a 1 Year Minimum Deal and a Front Row View of McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Getting away from the Kane talk, let's talk about how bad the flames defence is going to be without Giordano.

Tyson Barrie had 48 points last season.

With Giordano gone the flames defence has Andersson (21), Hanafin (15), Zadorov (8), Tanev (12), Vallimaki (11) and Kylington (1) for a total of 68 points.

The Oilers have Broberg, Bouchard and Samorukov coming while the flames top picks have pretty much "arrived".

Barrie is almost as good offensively as the entire flames defence.

Much more fun topic lol.

The Flames back-end was never, ever what it was sold to be by the national media but it's never been a real weakness. Not that Giordano was going to be a huge savior there. He's as old as Duncan Keith with clear sign of decline as well.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Getting away from the Kane talk, let's talk about how bad the flames defence is going to be without Giordano.

Tyson Barrie had 48 points last season.

With Giordano gone the flames defence has Andersson (21), Hanafin (15), Zadorov (8), Tanev (12), Vallimaki (11) and Kylington (1) for a total of 68 points.

The Oilers have Broberg, Bouchard and Samorukov coming while the flames top picks have pretty much "arrived".

Barrie is almost as good offensively as the entire flames defence.

While our D will get points...

How bad will they be intheir own zone

Reactions: The Safe Play

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
It's risky but at 50% I would take a chance on Kane but only on the condition he agrees to gambling counselling.

Kane McDavid Puljujarvi
RNH Draisaitl Hyman

Is a ridiculous top 6.

Kane would get torn apart by Nurse and Smith. No thank you

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Much more fun topic lol.

The Flames back-end was never, ever what it was sold to be by the national media but it's never been a real weakness. Not that Giordano was going to be a huge savior there. He's as old as Duncan Keith with clear sign of decline as well.

Everyone keeps downplaying his loss because hes old and declining. I think it was a good time to cut bait with him for those reasons but let's not pretend they wont miss him. He lead their defence in scoring and averaged almost 23 minutes a night. It's a big loss for that team.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Oh man I hope we beat up on them for the next 5 years. They can have Bedard but they’re gonna have to get bent over a couple dozen times by us first, sorry Flames.

I lived in Calgary from 06-2014 so the coming years will be sweet for me.
‘04/‘09 for me! I hope we shit dog them for eternity!

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
On Evander Kane being traded here

1717.97134.jpeg

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Could Edmonton Oilers get even older (but better) in goal? | Edmonton Journal

Sorry for linking a Staples article (yes, actually sorry), but he did a great job of investigating the timeline of the Dallas situation with regards to goaltending. I wonder if they move Khudobin after camp as they will want to see if Oettinger and Holtby win the spots.

And yes, I’m still beating the Khudobin to the Oilers drum

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
WE traded 2 of our 3 guys who were good jn their own zone

We didnt trade Adam Larsson. ;)

Bear was not good in his own zone.

Anyways, we replaced them with Keith, Ceci and Bouchard. Let's see how it all plays out next season. Hopefully it's a wash and we remain a top 10 team in goals against next season.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Could Edmonton Oilers get even older (but better) in goal? | Edmonton Journal

Sorry for linking a Staples article (yes, actually sorry), but he did a great job of investigating the timeline of the Dallas situation with regards to goaltending. I wonder if they move Khudobin after camp as they will want to see if Oettinger and Holtby win the spots.

And yes, I’m still beating the Khudobin to the Oilers drum
Is Bishop done now? Dallas has like 4 goalies right now. Oettinger/Khudobin/Holtby/Bishop.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Is Bishop done now? Dallas has like 4 goalies right now. Oettinger/Khudobin/Holtby/Bishop.

He might be. Apparently no one is sure if he’ll be able to play. Surgery was 9 months ago. If he does come back then Oettinger will be sent down and one of Khudobin or Holtby would have to be dealt.

Even if he doesn’t come back, Oettinger stealing the spot would mean Khudobin is on the move

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Watched an old Friedman on Chiclets interview. Picked up on his McD injury story and the Oil handled it grade A.

People scared McD might jump ship but it's obvious this team treats him very well.

When you see guys like Eichel and Tarasenko wanting out over their serious injury treatment, you have to think the Oil gained some big points w the McD clan on how well they protected him

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Watched an old Friedman on Chiclets interview. Picked up on his McD injury story and the Oil handled it grade A.

People scared McD might jump ship but it's obvious this team treats him very well.

When you see guys like Eichel and Tarasenko wanting out over their serious injury treatment, you have to think the Oil gained some big points w the McD clan on how well they protected him

Especially since we had a bad reputation for that before. IIRC correctly Souray and Whitney? (Though I can't stand Whitney. Fake Boston tough guy act on his podcast)

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
They have a couple prospects that could be decent like Connor Mackey but nobody that compares to Bouchard in terms of upside. They are going to have to pray that Hanifan and Vallimaki take big steps forward. Personally I will be happy to see them struggling for mediocrity, this would be the perfect time for them to blow it up and tank hard for a chance at some top notch prospects in the next few years before the new barn is built.

Hanifin is complete ass, not sure I've ever seen him "good" more than a handful of times. Usually he is out of position or serving up pizzas on his way out of the zone. If he's their top left shot D man it is going to be comical watching them.

For Valimaki I'm not sure if I should be giving him the benefit of the doubt because he was a rookie or not, but he sucked quite a bit last year too. Granted he was paired with Nesterov most of the time who was an absolute joke of a defenseman, but I didn't really see a ton of good from him either. If he's expected to elevate into top 4 minutes just because this year the results will also be comical.

Flames are decent depth wise on the wings, but don't have any centre depth or top end ability. Pretty much a 2nd line C, a 3rd line C, and nothing else on their roster.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad