Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | "Hi UFA, Will a 1 Year Minimum Deal and a Front Row View of McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I think Koskinen is going to end up as a revelation this year.

Haven't seen a player in our organization receive this much hate. Not Hal, not Ebs, not Yak or Pulju. Not Omark. Not Paajarvi.

You guys are insane. He's gigantic, and definitely capable of figuring things out and delivering a stellar performance.
4 goals on 4 shots.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I think Koskinen is going to end up as a revelation this year.

Haven't seen a player in our organization receive this much hate. Not Hal, not Ebs, not Yak or Pulju. Not Omark. Not Paajarvi.

You guys are insane. He's gigantic, and definitely capable of figuring things out and delivering a stellar performance.
Lol we're insane? The guy is huge but can't make a glove save and he somehow makes himself small in the net. The whole team, the roster, the coaching staff have lost faith in him. Are they all insane? Go watch Koskinen the last 2 seasons and tell me what makes you think he'll be a revelation this year

Dirt McGintty

Jan 29, 2019
Lol we're insane? The guy is huge but can't make a glove save and he somehow makes himself small in the net. The whole team, the roster, the coaching staff have lost faith in him. Are they all insane? Go watch Koskinen the last 2 seasons and tell me what makes you think he'll be a revelation this year
I will say one thing. It is far from a guarantee and maybe I'm grasping at straws. But I remember a few years ago on a long road trop Koski was struggling and he mentioned he's a guy who needs lots of practice time throughout the season. He needs it to correct form and eliminate bad habits etc. Then when they got back home and he had gotten some practice time in he did get better. Last year would have been an odd year for practicing. Would have been long stretches of no practices at all. Maybe, just maybe, a normalized schedule, with practice time, will help him get back to at least decent tending next year.

Last edited:

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
What do you think is the hold up on Yamamoto signing? Did Foegele's contract get Kailer's camp to up their offer?

I was hoping it was going to get done right away after Foegele signed his.

How about Puljujarvi? Do you gamble and see if he'll sign a 3 year deal for a decent cap hit like 2.5 AAV?

Getting a deal done now on Jesse could ease the cap hit instead if he has a breakout season and then Holland is looking at something like 4 or 5 a year.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that Koskinen could post a .910ish sv% and play backup quality hockey overall.

The problem is to get to that he’ll have some games where he saves 43/44 shots and is unreal, but then a whole lot where he gives up 4 on 25 and is the reason we lost. Not sure I remember ever seeing a goalie with such wild swings in performance. You can’t even guess how he’s going to play for you on a given night.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad