Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | "Hi UFA, Will a 1 Year Minimum Deal and a Front Row View of McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
s-zdeno-chara-of-the-new-york-islanders-waits-for-a-face-off-against-picture-id89080596

fudgeeo

Nov 1, 2013
which part of the trade scenario with Columbus didn’t you like? one thing in particular or the trade in whole?

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
which part of the trade scenario with Columbus didn’t you like? one thing in particular or the trade in whole?

Whole 1st + Samorukov and Korpisalo. Korpisalo isn't better than Koskinen at this point, so basically paying that much for 2,25mil cap space is too much. I would do something like 2nd or third plus Koskinen for Korpisalo, but what Jarmo wants is way too much. He already squeezed Hawks in that Jones trade, so he might think it will work with lesser player than Jones is.

Reactions: TFHockey

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I don't get the infatuation with Korpisalo, does anyone even watch Colombus? He's bad, his stats are bad, even his advanced stats are bad. He plays like an elite goalie at times and lets in terrible goals often. Getting him would be a sideways move at best.

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
I don't get the infatuation with Korpisalo, does anyone even watch Colombus? He's bad, his stats are bad, even his advanced stats are bad. He plays like an elite goalie at times and lets in terrible goals often. Getting him would be a sideways move at best.
A younger Koskinen.

The goaltending issue has me contemplating a Talbot reunion.

also been on the what the hell Dustin Schwartz train for years , dude can’t develop a goalie to save his life. They just get worse the longer they play with us.

Last edited:

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
True. I just hate Toronto got him. But I guess it doesn't matter since they are back in the East again.

That's true. And I'm still positive what we have, it's just that Ritchie would have been great addition.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Toronto’s forward situation is hilarious. They have four good forwards in Marner, Matthews, Tavares and Nylander. Then they have a 38 year old Spezza and a bunch of junk.

Signing Tavares was Dubas’ biggest mistake. They could have Hyman, Kadri and another $2 million forward instead and be way better off.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Apparently Edmonton has offered defenseman Ryan Murray a contract (1 of 5 teams). Only Nurse and Keith are assured a roster spot as an LD, the group of Lagesson, Russell, Broberg, Samorukov would battle for that last LD spot. And if Broberg/Samorukov prove to not yet be ready for the NHL, then it's a choice between Lagesson or Kris Russell. Murray would clearly be the best option in that case

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Toronto’s forward situation is hilarious. They have four good forwards in Marner, Matthews, Tavares and Nylander. Then they have a 38 year old Spezza and a bunch of junk.

Signing Tavares was Dubas’ biggest mistake. They could have Hyman, Kadri and another $2 million forward instead and be way better off.
Agree with this, tavares at 11 million was a huge unforced error, they had enough scoring , and tavares is declining. Marner getting 11 is laughable as well.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Whole 1st + Samorukov and Korpisalo. Korpisalo isn't better than Koskinen at this point, so basically paying that much for 2,25mil cap space is too much. I would do something like 2nd or third plus Koskinen for Korpisalo, but what Jarmo wants is way too much. He already squeezed Hawks in that Jones trade, so he might think it will work with lesser player than Jones is.
@McBooya42
Ya better get after this fella as well. He put on exactly same thing I did as well. Maybe your podcast is wrong? Just because YOU listen to it doesn’t mean it’s the truth. We are just reporting what we read and Servalli hit the Larsson trade

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Korpisalo chatter is purely about two things:

-Korpisalo's .941 SVP in 9 bubble games last playoffs, including knocking out the Leafs in the plug-ins. His regular season stats are sub par, but he seemed to step up in meaningful games.

-the team has lost all faith in Mikko

Personally, I'd wait for the Eichel domino to drop. Buf may want a goalie in that deal, if they don't get one, that may open up a landing spot for Mikko.

Also, Columbus isn't a playoff team. They will be desperate to add anything they can get for Korpisalo at the deadline. He might only cost s 2nd by that time. Patience needed here.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

reposted from the mains:

i just don’t see how ONE YEAR of $4.5M in cap is worth a 1st. That in itself is a massive overpay.

there is also no way I’d do Samorukov for a goalie as weak as Korpisalo… there I’ve said it.

here are the stats. Tell me which team is which:
Team A: goalie 1: 0.923 goalie b: 0.898
Team B: goalie 1: 0.918 goalie b: 0.894

0.004 is the difference of 1 goal over 7 games. Or about 5 extra goals over this next season… and then we’d be done with that guy and could still have our 1st and samorukov.

please someone talk some sense into Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad