Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Brassard? Risto? Bueller? Bueller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Ask MTL fans what the ask would be and be prepared to hear Draisaitl as the answer...no offense Habs fans

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
The guy has played 2 seasons in the AHL + 17 NHL games last season....he's 22 now....how much more easing into the linuep do you need? Guy isn't going to be waiver exempt forever.

Fair enough. I just see how they’ve brought previous Dmen into the roster in the last 6-7 years and cringe.

Ideally one of them kills it in camp and never looks back.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
BNL's off season trade proposals v.3.435464
aka. "See you in Hell"

:blues
Jesse Puljujarvi

:edmonton
Robby Fabbri
token 4th rounder

:nucks
Kyle Brodziak
Brandon Manning

Loui Eriksson (1.x retained)

-----

bonn ape tit

start october with the contract guys and eventually work in benson, marody, jones etc.

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Nygard-Nugent Hopkins-Neal
Eriksson-Granlund-Chiasson
Fabbri-Gagner-Archibald
Cave, Khaira, Jurco

Klefbom-Lardeadly
Nurse-Benning
Russell-Persson

Smith/Kosk

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
aka. "See you in Hell"

Jesse Puljujarvi

Robby Fabbri
token 4th rounder

Kyle Brodziak
Brandon Manning

-----

bonn ape tit

start october with the contract guys and eventually work in benson, marody, jones etc.

Fabbri-Gagner-Archibald
Cave, Khaira, Jurco

Klefbom-Lardeadly
Nurse-Benning
Russell-Persson

Smith/Kosk
Ewwww why would you trade for Eriksson, both those contracts going out expire after this season. Better just to keep them and then let them walk than to bring in another boat anchor of a contract.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
aka. "See you in Hell"

Jesse Puljujarvi

Robby Fabbri
token 4th rounder

Kyle Brodziak
Brandon Manning

-----

bonn ape tit

Fabbri-Gagner-Archibald
Cave, Khaira, Jurco

Klefbom-Lardeadly
Nurse-Benning
Russell-Persson

Smith/Kosk
That Vancouver trade is worse than anything Chiarelli ever did around here...

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
source.gif

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
aka. "See you in Hell"

Jesse Puljujarvi

Robby Fabbri
token 4th rounder

Kyle Brodziak
Brandon Manning

-----

bonn ape tit

Fabbri-Gagner-Archibald
Cave, Khaira, Jurco

Klefbom-Lardeadly
Nurse-Benning
Russell-Persson

Smith/Kosk
That 2nd trade is just embarrassing.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I know people are pretty set on Brassard as a 3C and I’ve always liked the player, but I’d stay away.

His game went off a complete cliff the last couple of years. That’s a huge buyer beware if I ever saw one.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
I'd grab Maroon to run a top six of:
Draisaitl McDavid Kassian
Maroon RNH Neal
And let Marody, Haas, Gagner all take shots at the 3C spot.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'd grab Maroon to run a top six of:
Draisaitl McDavid Kassian
Maroon RNH Neal
And let Marody, Haas, Gagner all take shots at the 3C spot.

I'd put RNH and Draisaitl together then Mcdavid with Neal and whoever else he chooses. It essentially gives us 2 first lines.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'd offer Maroon a PTO. But that roster spot went to Granlund IMO. Maroon may give you those ten goals, but he also relies on time with 97 to produce them.

Granlund on the other hand will be a mainstay in the middle six. He is also there to assist on the PK.

With the little cap left, I think Holland will be more focused on addressing the 3C role. We have plenty of options at the moment to fill out the needs on the wing.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Maybe if Gagner had big wingers like Maroon to help win faceoff scrums he could deliver a solid performance as 3C.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I don't totally get Brassard over Gagner/Marody in that role.

Gagner is a RW or at least should be. If you’re counting on him to play C then I think we’re in trouble.

I have been a huge Gagner detractor over the years, and I actually think he seemed to have an improved all around game when he came back to us last year, but I don’t think he is a 3C on a decent NHL team. Bottom 6 RW with PP time would work though.

Reactions: belair

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't totally get Brassard over Gagner/Marody in that role.
I see Brassard as top six or bust. Bringing in Neal essentially eliminated that role. Brassard's limited track record as a 3C had very poor results.

Draisaitl, Neal and Chiasson are essentially the mainstays for top six wing at this point. That fourth role is the carrot to dangle to the rest of the roster.

Draisaitl - McDavid - (Kassian)
Neal - RNH - Chiasson
----------------------------------------
Granlund - XXXX - Gagner
Khaira - Cave - Archibald
Nygard, Jurco

If Brassard came in, I think it'd be...

Neal - McDavid - Draisaitl
Brassard - RNH - Chiasson

...which would leave you with a weaker option at 3C.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Gagner is a RW or at least should be. If you’re counting on him to play C then I think we’re in trouble.

I have been a huge Gagner detractor over the years, and I actually think he seemed to have an improved all around game when he came back to us last year, but I don’t think he is a 3C on a decent NHL team. Bottom 6 RW with PP time would work though.

I don't know man, Brassard is pretty much the quintessential washed up top 6er. He's been terrible in a bottom six role, and he'll cost monies.
Gagner, at least, y'know, we already have him under contract, he digs Edmonton, he's played in bottom six roles before, he's payed his dues, has his flaws, but at least he's up in a year and gives Marody/McLeod competition.
We're not golden with either of these fellows in that role, but, may as well save 2 million and go with the guy we know.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Brassard has scored 14 or more goals for 6 straight seasons including last year. If the Oilers can get him on a 1 year deal around 2 million ... what's the problem here?

Some people just want things in some very specific package for some reason, the market dictates what your options are, you can't just stick your head in the sand and get caught up in one kind of player.

You can play him at 2LW and if Granlund/Khaira/Brodziak/etc. really struggle at C then at least Tippett has an experienced option to slide down to 3C if need be.

If he sucks it's only a one year contract that you can move if you want to obtain some other rental player mid-season.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
aka. "See you in Hell"

Jesse Puljujarvi

Robby Fabbri
token 4th rounder

Kyle Brodziak
Brandon Manning

-----

bonn ape tit

Fabbri-Gagner-Archibald
Cave, Khaira, Jurco

Klefbom-Lardeadly
Nurse-Benning
Russell-Persson

Smith/Kosk

Vancouver trade is silly.

Erickson. Contract is for multiple years.. manning and broads one

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I don't know man, Brassard is pretty much the quintessential washed up top 6er. He's been terrible in a bottom six role, and he'll cost monies.
Gagner, at least, y'know, we already have him under contract, he digs Edmonton, he's played in bottom six roles before, he's payed his dues, has his flaws, but at least he's up in a year and gives Marody/McLeod competition.
We're not golden with either of these fellows in that role, but, may as well save 2 million and go with the guy we know.

Smith has bonuses and that will eat up a lot of our cap space if he gets his bonuses. And please don't use the "carry over next season" idea we are going to need that money next year. We already have too much dead cap space

Reactions: Burnt Biscuits
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad