Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 Game 4 Jets-Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
You have to realize the Wild are a really good team too. Even without Suter. They have the second best home record in the league (behind us) and hadn't lost 3 games in a row all year. I had that one marked down as a likely wild win even before the travel. Jets lost 3 games in a row once, but since then have gone 13 and 2 - including the 3 playoff games. Jets will have a strong response tomorrow. They have all year.

I've got games 4 and 5 as Jets wins... (in case you're wondering.) Even if I'm wrong, until we lose a game at home don't worry. We don't need to win a single road game to win the series. The Wild do.

Reactions: GNP

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't see us winning the next game. The Wild played way too well.

I think the series will be coming back to Winnipeg 2-2

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

The Wild played well and the Jets didn’t. The wild also benefitted from an unsustainable shooting percentage. I don’t see the Jets playing poorly again. I don’t see Helle having a sv% in the 7’s

Reactions: GNP and HannuJ

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
When's the last time the jets lost 2 in a row? Anyone know?

March 10-13, they had that 3 game losing streak but one of them was an overtime loss. before that February 9-11 they lost 2 in a row. It wasn't a common occurrence

Edit: the last time they got spanked was the 6-2 loss to Chicago that was fairly embarrassing due to the beer league goalie in the third. They won 7 in a row after that up until last night. I don't think we have to worry about their ability to bounce back after a bad game. They are capable.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This when you need to be secretive about injuries because POS players like Foligno will target them if they know anything.

Trouba had a concussion? Target his head.
Myers had knee surgery? Target his knee.

The less he knows the better

None

Feb 22, 2012
This when you need to be secretive about injuries because POS players like Foligno will target them if they know anything.

It wouldn't be much of a surprise if that's Maurice's logic. Enstrom will probably take a few hacks to his ankles if he's in.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
:madfire:

Boudreau has an immense Tatonka head... Target it in game five with immense Tatonka head cutouts

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach Maurice scrum topics: Update on Tyler Myers? How much closer is Enstrom? Has Myers gone for testing? How does he see the Foligno hit on Myers? Do they need to tweak their game to adjust to the Wild? How does he expect Hellebuyck to handle the last game? Has he ever had a goalie he didn't want to pull because "he couldn't handle it"? On the challenges that would face Poolman if he gets the call. On the experience young Jets players have already gained in the playoffs. On the goalie pull did he ask Hellebuyck or was it his decision? On bouncing back from losses. His list of reasons why the Jets game dropped off last night and will he address it today? Is the level of confidence still high among the group? Is game 4 a swing game so does he want the players to look at it like that or should it be just another game? On the maturation of the young players.

To listen click here.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
The Wild played well and the Jets didn’t. The wild also benefitted from an unsustainable shooting percentage. I don’t see the Jets playing poorly again. I don’t see Helle having a sv% in the 7’s

I see goaltending being the difference in how this series turns out. So far Dubnyk has the better save percentage. However, if Helle can even equal Dubnyk the rest of the way I can't see us losing this series.

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
Jets had a momentum to turn it around a 3-2, but then Buff - who've mostly been good or great on these games - gave a sloppy giveaway and they made it 4-2. Our guys stopped for a while to ponder what just happened, but the Wild kept pushing and 20 seconds later it was 5-2.
Everything seemed to go Wilds way last night, but it will even out and the Jets have a lot better core and depth.
Even on a game like this, where the opponent seemed to capitalize on their every opportunity and our guys were a bit off. Here on their home-ice, where they've been great the whole season. We out-shot them.
It's more a rule than exception that after 2-0 the other team will win the first one on their home arena. I'm sure the Jets will take this next one and then seal the deal on Friday. So sure I don't fear at all that I just jinxed them :nod:.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
It is the birthright of the Winnipeg Jets to disappoint. Do any of y'alls remember the 80s and 90s? This is what the Winnipeg Jets do. They lose. They briefly raise your hopes. Then they lose. The Winnipeg Jets that lost last night are the real Winnipeg Jets, the Jets that will show up, when push comes to shove, again and again, time after time, across decades, across generations, it's in their blood, in their DNA, their destiny, their fate, it's cosmic, it's bigger than Patrik Laine, it's bigger than Teemu Selanne, it's bigger than Dale Hawerchuk, it is the way of things, it is just so. The Winnipeg Jets will lose. Never lose sight of that.

Oh Hi Paul!

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Do you _really_ think that what we saw last night was their true strength? That the Wild will score that many goals from that far out? That the Jets will just let them do as they please again? The Wild had a good push back from the first 2 games, but let's be real here - the only thing yesterday's game proved was that the Wild aren't to be taken lightly at home. That's it. The Jets are capable of much more on the road, as we have seen before.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
He’ll play. Twice this season he looked dead on the ice and returned in the same game

What is up with this?? Everytime he goes down like that I'm like "well his career is over I guess". Then he's back next period. I'm very worried about his long term health. Seems like he is too.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Think you will see a very different team tomorrow night, the Jets will come out flying and hitting and wont get dragged into any of the garbage after the play, also you will see more of a presence in from of Dubnyk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad