Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 Game 4 Jets-Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
It’s sickening to read fans wishing for players to get hurt. Wishing it and that fan’s team is not even playing the Jets. I’m staying off HF until after the playoffs.

If you see this, point it out. It's against the site rules to wish injury on players.

Ok, see ya. It's a contact sport and players have been self-policing since the beginning of time. I don't approve injuring players seriously, but I'm all for making players pay for cheap shots and make the opposition think twice about pulling **** stuff like that.

Be cautious about what is said in this regard.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think the Jets will be more prepard for Foligno running around like a lunatic tomorrow night. They'll have more poise and hopefully exploit how hopelessly out of position he was putting himself on most of his hits.

Buff planting him would be great too.
I think it would be good if the refs grabbed a clue and realized that Foligno is running around like a scud missile and clipped his wings with a penalty or two before he injures anyone else.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
A nice bounceback game is in order.

The only way the Wild can win this series is if they get the Jets off their game like they did last night. The Jets can't get drawn into retaliating or all that other shit after the the whistle. The Wild can't match us at even strength.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
A nice bounceback game is in order.

The only way the Wild can win this series is if they get the Jets off their game like they did last night. The Jets can't get drawn into retaliating or all that other **** after the the whistle. The Wild can't match us at even strength.

Thankfully the ref crew will be different tomorrow. I think they injected themselves too much into the outcome last night

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Thankfully the ref crew will be different tomorrow. I think they injected themselves too much into the outcome last night

They did, but also there is so much shit going on I can see why they want to control the game a little bit. These pileups whenever the goalie covers a puck and the loose sticks (and the interference that they haven't even tried to stop) are getting kind of tiresome to watch imo (and dangerous too).

Reactions: DaNaultinus

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
If you see this, point it out. It's against the site rules to wish injury on players.

Be cautious about what is said in this regard.
I'm trying to :laugh: I meant retaliation within the rules, nothing overkill. I think most of us hoped that Buff would land a solid but legal hit on Foligno after he ran our guys.

Reactions: ocdaddy

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Jets got punched in the mouth despite being the better team. They will respond this game.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The Wild's game plan is to make sure a lot of penalties are called. Their PP and PK are working plus they are losing the 5 on 5 battle. The Jets need to score on the PP to fix this problem.

Reactions: Jets 31

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The Wild's game plan is to make sure a lot of penalties are called. Their PP and PK are working plus they are losing the 5 on 5 battle. The Jets need to score on the PP to fix this problem.

The fact that Peel & McCauley will not be doing this game is the story.

I'm not sure how the Wild can force a referee to call lots of penalties TBH

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I see Jets win in 5 too, but i found the notion that this Jets team isn't capable of letting the foot off the gas pedal ridiculous.
lots of people make lots of ridiculous statements and predictions.
in the end, the games are what they are and hindsite's what gives us these fill-in-the-blank narratives that try to justify the result.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB

ISczMKl.gif

Reactions: Oseductive

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I'm trying to :laugh: I meant retaliation within the rules, nothing overkill. I think most of us hoped that Buff would land a solid but legal hit on Foligno after he ran our guys.
I think them running our guys is because we were running their guys. that's the way it works. so buff lands a solid clean hit on foligno like you say is that going to change his mind and make him let up when he is about to smash Morrissey into the glass next time. stop running around looking for trouble and just finish your hits that's all and skate them into the ground and out skill them. if they revert back to how they had to prove they were tougher then the ducks they will lose this series too.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think them running our guys is because we were running their guys. that's the way it works. so buff lands a solid clean hit on foligno like you say is that going to change his mind and make him let up when he is about to smash MorrisCsey into the glass next time. stop running around looking for trouble and just finish your hits that's all and skate them into the ground and out skill them. if they revert back to how they had to prove they were tougher then the ducks they will lose this series too.
Correct. Just play our game, nevermind how the wild want to play.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

I'm not sure how the Wild can force a referee to call lots of penalties TBH
It's call hooking, slashing, roughing ... if the ref does not call it great but if he does give the Wild penalties ... you know the refs will even out the calls.
Before the 4th Wild goal Wheeler was tripped but the refs were not going to give the Jets 3 straight PPs.
It's only one game ... the Wild are playing with fire if they think they can win the series playing like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad