Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 Game 4 Jets-Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Pretty shocked that the NHL won't take a look at this garbage. Myers was targeted for sure.

Trouba as well.

Care to wager who that mother ****er will target next?
Because there is nothing to look at.
Get over it.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Ok we disagree no biggie.
The league doesn’t think so either.
Foligno and Winnik are in some people’s heads.
I just hope the team isn’t preoccupied with getting even.

I hope they aren't preoccupied with that either. I think their focus will be firmly on playing their game and winning the hockey game.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Nothing in game three worries me about Jets not being able to take 4 of 7. Except maybe not moving the puck that well on the PP.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
If Toronto and New Jersey can pull off a game 3 win, then maybe the Jets collapse wasn’t as bad as we made it out to be? o_O

Reactions: winnipegger

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Friedman said in 2nd intermission that Tyler Myers has returned to Winnipeg for treatment. He said initially the Jets were concerned about his injury but now are more confident it's not serious.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida

Do you posters think that -- the little Pudgy Fat Coach--who would make a good Santa Claus--and looks so innocent, would actually instruct his players to deliberately run our guys, and injure them ?? knocking them out of the series ??? I wonder ??? :thumbd:

Do you remember Pittsburg a year or two ago with Sestito? They interviewed Sullivan before the game and he said that the Jets had taken liberties (paraphrasing) in the last game so he brought up Sestito. They interview Sestito before the game and he says he knows why he is there, he knows his role and what he is supposed to do. He goes out and practically kills Toby with a cheap shot from behind driving his face through the boards. Game changes from Jets to Penguins owning the play. Pittsburgh comes from behind to win the game. Afterwards everyone on the Penguins side says it was not intentional, just playing hard.

That's what we just witnessed in game 3, but the Boudreau version. If you don't get that, I can't help you.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Do you remember Pittsburg a year or two ago with Sestito? They interviewed Sullivan before the game and he said that the Jets had taken liberties (paraphrasing) in the last game so he brought up Sestito. They interview Sestito before the game and he says he knows why he is there, he knows his role and what he is supposed to do. He goes out and practically kills Toby with a cheap shot from behind driving his face through the boards. Game changes from Jets to Penguins owning the play. Pittsburgh comes from behind to win the game. Afterwards everyone on the Penguins side says it was not intentional, just playing hard.

That's what we just witnessed in game 3, but the Boudreau version. If you don't get that, I can't help you.
If you can't beat them ,beat them . :sarcasm:

Reactions: GNP

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
If you can't beat them ,beat them . :sarcasm:

quote-if-you-can-t-beat-em-in-the-alley-you-can-t-beat-em-on-the-ice-conn-smythe-55-1-0189.jpg

Reactions: Jets 31

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Someone laughed at me when i said that Minny has a chance to come back. His reasoning was that he doesnt see the Jets suddenly taking their foot off the gas pedal....yeaah. We did beat them handedly in the first two games but its still the playoffs and if you fall asleep you'll lose.

Your memory must be foggy because you completely mischaracterized our exchange.

You said:

I have a feeling that the Wild might actually not go down as easily as it seems...

The way some Jets fans are jinxing it scares me.

I replied:

I don’t think the Jets will ease off the gas pedal or the hockey puck will suddenly bounce favourably for the Wild because some mystical spirit senses that JetsFan69 from HF Boards thinks the Wild will be swept in a laugher.

It’s not that I didn’t believe the Jets could falter for a game or two. It was me dismissing the concept of a jinx based on forum posts.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Friedman said in 2nd intermission that Tyler Myers has returned to Winnipeg for treatment. He said initially the Jets were concerned about his injury but now are more confident it's not serious.
EF has gone down hill as fast as any hockey reporter has imo.

He said the other day when discussing how Vegas massaged the xdraft process that Winnipeg couldn't protect Myers and traded a first and third round pick to enable that. Bits and pieces seem to be more than enough to report for him theses days.

Cherry also saying it looked like a shoulder for Myers ... sigh.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Come on guys. Forget about targeting and etc. We're better team and that's exactly what Wild wants, us looking at who is been targeted. Just move your feet, forcheck and play with speed. We will win game 4. I call 4-3 final for the Jets, Little with game-winner

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
EF has gone down hill as fast as any hockey reporter has imo.

He said the other day when discussing how Vegas massaged the xdraft process that Winnipeg couldn't protect Myers and traded a first and third round pick to enable that. Bits and pieces seem to be more than enough to report for him theses days.

Cherry also saying it looked like a shoulder for Myers ... sigh.

What does any of that have to do with the Myers info?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
EF's accuracy for reporting. Pretty evident on how it pertains.

But in this case it seems to confirm what the Dredger reported earlier. There's no reason to doubt it's accuracy in this case.

What was the purpose of throwing in that useless comment about Cherry? Nobody has ever claimed Cherry is any kind of insider.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Seriously I never thought this series would be a cakewalk and the Jets would just eliminate Minnesota in 4 games straight.

It is the f***ing playoffs and nobody is an easy out!!!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Seriously I never thought this series would be a cakewalk and the Jets would just eliminate Minnesota in 4 games straight.

It is the ****ing playoffs and nobody is an easy out!!!
Agreed , looks like Nashville might be done and finished for the playoffs too . :laugh:

Reactions: Ducky10

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Newsflash, the team your playing wants to win too. Playoffs are a grind, just as long as you win 4 in every series your goal will be met.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
But in this case it seems to confirm what the Dredger reported earlier. There's no reason to doubt it's accuracy in this case.

What was the purpose of throwing in that useless comment about Cherry? Nobody has ever claimed Cherry is any kind of insider.

The purpose, again is easily followed. Both Friedman and Cherry are on the same network and someone(s) is making decisions to let them comment. Presumably both often being wrong isn't that much of an issue.

Interested in what EF has to say re the Jets when he is the first to comment and is correct a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad