Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 Game 4 Jets-Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
I think them running our guys is because we were running their guys. that's the way it works. so buff lands a solid clean hit on foligno like you say is that going to change his mind and make him let up when he is about to smash Morrissey into the glass next time. stop running around looking for trouble and just finish your hits that's all and skate them into the ground and out skill them. if they revert back to how they had to prove they were tougher then the ducks they will lose this series too.
I doubt that the stuff that Foligno was up to was a consequence of our guys playing hard but clean. He went after Troubas head (who recently suffered a concussion) and Myers legs (who's been dealing with knee and hip problems afaik) to take them off or out of the game. That was going to happen no regardless of how hard or soft the Jets played the game before, because it was a strategic, malicious move to even out the playfield on defense.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It's call hooking, slashing, roughing ... if the ref does not call it great but if he does give the Wild penalties ... you know the refs will even out the calls.
Before the 4th Wild goal Wheeler was tripped but the refs were not going to give the Jets 3 straight PPs.
It's only one game ... the Wild are playing with fire if they think they can win the series playing like this.

It is completely out of any teams hands to be able to force a referee to call any penalty

Last edited:

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Chiarot himself was cross checked worse than the penalty he took just before he got called. I think like everything the issue I have with reffing is consistency.

Also the 5 on 3 really pissed me off because they basically gave Minny a goal. That was the most BS call of the whole night.

Here's the analytical view :sarcasm:

Agreed, the non call on Chiarot and then when he was penalized for a lesser version of the same play has to be extremely frustrating.

Sure he could have shown more restraint but essentially he was "told" that play was not worth a penalty call. Clearly a bad sequence for the refs and the Lowry call was another really bad decision by the refs.

Not a good game by the Jets by any means but still some slanted calls that had too much influence.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I doubt that the stuff that Foligno was up to was a consequence of our guys playing hard but clean. He went after Troubas head (who recently suffered a concussion) and Myers legs (who's been dealing with knee and hip problems afaik) to take them off or out of the game. That was going to happen no regardless of how hard or soft the Jets played the game before, because it was a strategic, malicious move to even out the playfield on defense.
It's the same coach as when we played the Ducks , this is how Spanky wants them to play or the Wild are done . And who here doesn't think Spanky's job isn't on the line if the Wild lose this series , i do .

Reactions: Scheifelaine

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Hey guys, gotta take the blame for this loss. Forgot to pick up the most Canadian beer from my st louis grocery store. 2-0 when I have it, 0-1 without.

Won't make that mistake again, sorry

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The way Zucker went down like Lowry knifed him or something was pathetic.

Reactions: ocdaddy

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Jets just have to get out there and make it a fast transition game. A better PP would help back off the Wild, as well....

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Sorry I didn’t want to start a whole new thread for this. Is anybody hearing anything on start time for Game 5 now that we are assured another game in Winnipeg?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Sorry I didn’t want to start a whole new thread for this. Is anybody hearing anything on start time for Game 5 now that we are assured another game in Winnipeg?

I think you’ll hear something after tonight’s games. Two of those series also have potential game 5’s on friday

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If anybody has an update on Tyler's Myer's injury-please quote my post, and post the answer, as I'd really like to know.

I'm hoping it's a bruised knee bone from hitting the boards, but I guess it also could be a strained knee ligament, or something of that nature. We really need his scoring in my opinion, and we'll miss him-- I know I will.

Note-The Jet's likely won't say--they'll just say lower body-- but if they say--day to day or 4-7 days--at least we'll have an idea.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Chiarot himself was cross checked worse than the penalty he took just before he got called. I think like everything the issue I have with reffing is consistency.

Also the 5 on 3 really pissed me off because they basically gave Minny a goal. That was the most BS call of the whole night.

Here's the analytical view :sarcasm:
I know, I don't disagree, but when you see what the ref is calling you should be extra careful of what you are doing.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
You think they can beat us three straight after falling behind 3-1?

Checks Winnipeg Jets playoff history and hides :sarcasm:
Exactly....I've lived it.

I was only kidding, different team, different time. Just pointing out it's not a must win until you've lost 3.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I think both teams play a very disciplined game tomorrow.
The Jets have to keep their emotions in check & try to replicate game 1 & 2 in which they totally dominated the Wild.
Dubynk is the lipstick on the pig for those 2 games.
I'm thinking 2-1 Jets.... ( ok hoping )

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I know, I don't disagree, but when you see what the ref is calling you should be extra careful of what you are doing.

Yes one should bit it was such a drastic change from the previous games and it’s quite likely Chiarot assumed a play like that was not crossing the line since a Wild player had just done the same thing to him with no repercussions

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Exactly....I've lived it.

I was only kidding, different team, different time. Just pointing out it's not a must win until you've lost 3.

I believe it is though. They lose and they are not coming back. A win is a dagger in their heart

Jimmy Hoots

Oct 10, 2013
It is the birthright of the Winnipeg Jets to disappoint. Do any of y'alls remember the 80s and 90s? This is what the Winnipeg Jets do. They lose. They briefly raise your hopes. Then they lose. The Winnipeg Jets that lost last night are the real Winnipeg Jets, the Jets that will show up, when push comes to shove, again and again, time after time, across decades, across generations, it's in their blood, in their DNA, their destiny, their fate, it's cosmic, it's bigger than Patrik Laine, it's bigger than Teemu Selanne, it's bigger than Dale Hawerchuk, it is the way of things, it is just so. The Winnipeg Jets will lose. Never lose sight of that.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It is the birthright of the Winnipeg Jets to disappoint. Do any of y'alls remember the 80s and 90s? This is what the Winnipeg Jets do. They lose. They briefly raise your hopes. Then they lose. The Winnipeg Jets that lost last night are the real Winnipeg Jets, the Jets that will show up, when push comes to shove, again and again, time after time, across decades, across generations, it's in their blood, in their DNA, their destiny, their fate, it's cosmic, it's bigger than Patrik Laine, it's bigger than Teemu Selanne, it's bigger than Dale Hawerchuk, it is the way of things, it is just so. The Winnipeg Jets will lose. Never lose sight of that.

You picked Auston Matthews to win the Vezina, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad