Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 Game 4 Jets-Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Did you watch the game?
The score was 3-2 with the Jets taking it to the Wild and a couple of great saves by Dubnyk kept them ahead ... shots were 11-4 at that point. Then one mistake a couple of bounces and the score is 5-2. It's not like the Wild totally dominated the game.

No man, I didn't watch the game. Just took a shot in the dark here.

:help:

Steelers

Apr 19, 2015
The NFL always reviews intent to injure and if a punch or knee is thrown... like Burrfict on Big Ben and an injury occurs a suspension is thrown. But I guess the NHL is still learning.... or something lol

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It is the birthright of the Winnipeg Jets to disappoint. Do any of y'alls remember the 80s and 90s? This is what the Winnipeg Jets do. They lose. They briefly raise your hopes. Then they lose. The Winnipeg Jets that lost last night are the real Winnipeg Jets, the Jets that will show up, when push comes to shove, again and again, time after time, across decades, across generations, it's in their blood, in their DNA, their destiny, their fate, it's cosmic, it's bigger than Patrik Laine, it's bigger than Teemu Selanne, it's bigger than Dale Hawerchuk, it is the way of things, it is just so. The Winnipeg Jets will lose. Never lose sight of that.
And this is your contribution to the discussion? Some things you can just hold onto.

Reactions: GNP

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't see us winning the next game. The Wild played way too well.

I think the series will be coming back to Winnipeg 2-2
But not nearly as well as the Jets did in game 2. It is the playoffs and there will be huge swings one way then the other. And the Wild really didn't out play the Jets anywhere near what the score suggests. If we get the Helly we get most games that is likely a 1 goal maybe 2 goal game tops.

Reactions: GNP and HPsauce

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
It's easy to cross the line a little bit when you know the PP isn't going to score against you.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
I don't want Toby in ... the Wild will after him until he's out of the game.

Enstrom 5'10" 180 lbs
Spurgeon 5'9" 164 lbs

You wanna run Toby? Maybe Buff starts to really want to hit guys.

Keep the big boys hitting and the speed guys skating.

Oh, and F**K Foligno

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
The Jets need to start crowding the net and distracting Dubnyk. What are they waiting for?

2 if not 3 of the goals on Helly Suday, he just couldn't see or got deflected in the crease. That's playoff hockey!

Jets are working way to hard to get pretty goals and Dubnyk is stoning them for the most part as he's always got a clear view.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Enstrom 5'10" 180 lbs
Spurgeon 5'9" 164 lbs

You wanna run Toby? Maybe Buff starts to really want to hit guys.

Keep the big boys hitting and the speed guys skating.

Oh, and F**K Foligno
The difference is the Jets don't target players ... Bruce Brodeau teams do ... did you forget the Duck series?

Reactions: Jets 31

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
The difference is the Jets don't target players ... Bruce Brodeau teams do ... did you forget the Duck series?

This.

And Foligno seems to have some special pixie dust from the league that his targeting of knees and heads is not a penalty or intent to injure.

When Boudreau made his post game comments after g2, I thought they would run Helle. It looks like he told Foligno to go out and target Jets Dmen knees, heads - anyway you can to injure them and knock them out of the series.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It is the birthright of the Winnipeg Jets to disappoint. Do any of y'alls remember the 80s and 90s? This is what the Winnipeg Jets do. They lose. They briefly raise your hopes. Then they lose. The Winnipeg Jets that lost last night are the real Winnipeg Jets, the Jets that will show up, when push comes to shove, again and again, time after time, across decades, across generations, it's in their blood, in their DNA, their destiny, their fate, it's cosmic, it's bigger than Patrik Laine, it's bigger than Teemu Selanne, it's bigger than Dale Hawerchuk, it is the way of things, it is just so. The Winnipeg Jets will lose. Never lose sight of that.
Homie you need a snickers bar , you are not you when you are hungry . :laugh:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Dubnyk is the type of goalie that can steal a game. If it gets to a game 7 the Jets might buckle under pressure. Team needs to show some killer instinct and win at least one in Minnesota. I expect game 4 to be very close. A 50/50 game.

Objective Poster is right !!! we have to start "learning" to win on the road--if we want to get to the Stanley Cup final-- let's get it done Tomorrow night. No time like "right now"--let's get it done---pedal to the metal.:thumbu:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Wheeler’s goal showed that you just have to keep getting pucks on the net. We spend a lot of time looking for the pretty goal and often never get a shot on net. I know we are still showing lots of shots, but we need more against the wild.

Also what is up with our pp? I think everyone knows what we’re doing. I know I do and I’m no hockey genius.

I still think that somehow we need Ehlers on pp1 just for his zone entry ability.

Anyway I’m sure the next game will be a bounce back game.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
This.

And Foligno seems to have some special pixie dust from the league that his targeting of knees and heads is not a penalty or intent to injure.

When Boudreau made his post game comments after g2, I thought they would run Helle. It looks like he told Foligno to go out and target Jets Dmen knees, heads - anyway you can to injure them and knock them out of the series.

All this Boudreau conspiracy talk is hot air.
Players and coaches don't play for the same team for their careers anymore so the chance of that not making it out of the dressing room is next to zero.
If it was ever to make it out of a dressing room tye coach would be finished.

Reactions: DashingDane and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Losing Myers evens these teams up quite a bit. Foligno's intent to injure Myers and Trouba pays off big time with no consequences to him and the Wild. Thank god he didn't kill Trouba with the clear shoulder to the head shot as well.

I can see why they use the head of an angry rabid wild Rat on their jersey.

Do you posters think that -- the little Pudgy Fat Coach--who would make a good Santa Claus--and looks so innocent, would actually instruct his players to deliberately run our guys, and injure them ?? knocking them out of the series ??? I wonder ??? :thumbd:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad