Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 Game 4 Jets-Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
i don't get it. it's this weird thing that hockey players do. they wear tube socks like they're trying out for a role in Youngblood

2ubesocks are the only way to go. The higher they’re hiked the more serious you are in your preparation

Reactions: Klinger

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Game 1 was the real test this season and the team played well. This is the biggest game in the series since then, I expect the same. They’ve rose to the occasion all season

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Pre practice Soccer. I think I need to get some “drivers wanted” merch. I hope they make it available

538_F560_E-_A12_A-4776-8924-1280_B99_BD4_DB.jpg

15_B7_B6_C5-_AF8_B-45_C3-_B0_F9-2_A11_B2_FDBC2_D.jpg

A4_BF616_E-_B68_C-458_D-_B314-12_AA69_C7_D785.jpg
Ehlers looks like he's levitating the ball with his mind in that first pic.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Do you _really_ think that what we saw last night was their true strength? That the Wild will score that many goals from that far out? That the Jets will just let them do as they please again? The Wild had a good push back from the first 2 games, but let's be real here - the only thing yesterday's game proved was that the Wild aren't to be taken lightly at home. That's it. The Jets are capable of much more on the road, as we have seen before.

I don't know, I think the Wild took it to the Jets.

All the shooting % aside. They were all over them all game long.

Game 4 is going to be a battle and it could go either way, I just don't feel confident that the Jets will out play the Wild tomorrow.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
This is what happens when you have the #1 and #2 best home teams going head to head. Whoever steals a game in the others barn is going to have the advantage unless it goes all 7.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Game 4 is going to be a battle and it could go either way, I just don't feel confident that the Jets will out play the Wild tomorrow.

It was an even game. They weren't really "all over" the Jets. Yes they scored more goals. The game looked different than the two in Winnipeg. But we were still very much in the game and the ice was starting to tilt our way before those seeing eye shots found their way to the back of the net at the end of the second period.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Even if the Jets can't win in Minnesota I really can't see the Wild winning here, Jet home record has been pretty spectacular lately, 12 in a row I think.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Did you watch the game?
The score was 3-2 with the Jets taking it to the Wild and a couple of great saves by Dubnyk kept them ahead ... shots were 11-4 at that point. Then one mistake a couple of bounces and the score is 5-2. It's not like the Wild totally dominated the game.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
#freepoolman

Actually playing Trouba and Buff more minutes won't really hurt our chances of winning.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
Even if the Jets can't win in Minnesota I really can't see the Wild winning here, Jet home record has been pretty spectacular lately, 12 in a row I think.

Dubnyk is the type of goalie that can steal a game. If it gets to a game 7 the Jets might buckle under pressure. Team needs to show some killer instinct and win at least one in Minnesota. I expect game 4 to be very close. A 50/50 game.

Reactions: GNP

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
#freepoolman

Actually playing Trouba and Buff more minutes won't really hurt our chances of winning.

Oh f***. Myers now, then... I give Enström two games tops when he’s back... Trouba will also get injured. But Suter, that’s all that matters I learned!!!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Dredger also mentioned this "muscular injury" on TV (That's Hockey)

Darth Jet

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg
Hmmm sucks about Myers, hope he is ready for game 5 at the latest. Jets need to be better on the PP and we will be fine, 5 vs 5 we have been doing well. I will certainly breath a lot easier if we win tomorrow.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
SN just aired "Myers is out for Game 4". They showed the replayed twice in slow motion and DID NOT mention the dirty punch to the knee.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Assuming Myers won't play I would guess it's

Morrissey Trouba
Morrow Buff
Chiarot Poolman

or (unlikely) if Toby can go

Morrissey Trouba
Enstrom Buff
Morrow Chiarot/Poolman

Jimmy Hoots

Oct 10, 2013
Bull****. I witnessed three Winnipeg Jets championships.

Are you typing that with a straight face, homie? The WHA ain't the NHL and the Aavco Cup sure as hell ain't the Stanley Cup. You're talking about pissing with puppies. I'm talking about partying with the pack, the big dogs.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Are you typing that with a straight face, homie? The WHA ain't the NHL and the Aavco Cup sure as hell ain't the Stanley Cup. You're talking about pissing with puppies. I'm talking about partying with the pack, the big dogs.
Well ... the WHA Jets were the only team to beat the Russian national team ... no NHL team could. When the Jets join the NHL ... the NHL raided the Jets and the players they took were all leader scores on those teams.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

What I said was true. What you posted was incorrect. You were wrong. You lose the internet today :handclap:

Is that the best insult you have?...homie means nothing to me. I hate rap music

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013

Conveniently forgetting that the team was torn to shreds in the reclamation draft. Do that thing that PoMo always tells the refs to do that we all love lip-reading.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Losing Myers evens these teams up quite a bit. Foligno's intent to injure Myers and Trouba pays off big time with no consequences to him and the Wild. Thank god he didn't kill Trouba with the clear shoulder to the head shot as well.

I can see why they use the head of an angry rabid wild Rat on their jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad