Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 Game 4 Jets-Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Let's move on from the last game.

The Jets have won the Corsi and xGoals battle in every single game this series at 5 on 5. That points to good things to come but my stomach is in knots.

Is Perreault traveling with the team?

Will Toby be healthy enough to get back into the lineup? (He is travelling with the team).

I am surprised that no one has espoused the conspiracy theory that Chipman had the Jets throw this game to play the extra game or two at home to get that almighty playoff ticket $$$$ :sarcasm:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Someone laughed at me when i said that Minny has a chance to come back. His reasoning was that he doesnt see the Jets suddenly taking their foot off the gas pedal....yeaah. We did beat them handedly in the first two games but its still the playoffs and if you fall asleep you'll lose.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Let's move on from the last game.

The Jets have won the Corsi and xGoals battle in every single game this series at 5 on 5. That points to good things to come but my stomach is in knots.

Is Perreault traveling with the team?

Will Toby be healthy enough to get back into the lineup? (He is travelling with the team).

I am surprised that no one has espoused the conspiracy theory that Chipman had the Jets throw this game to play the extra game or two at home to get that almighty playoff ticket $$$$ :sarcasm:

Because that takes a special level of stupid to think that.

Reactions: Gotaf7

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Someone laughed at me when i said that Minny has a chance to come back. His reasoning was that he doesnt see the Jets suddenly taking their foot off the gas pedal....yeaah. We did beat them handedly in the first two games but its still the playoffs and if you fall asleep you'll lose.

Mn can certainly still take this.

Reactions: Paul Maurice

suihkukone

Mar 12, 2017
Denmark
At least Koivu still looked banged up fro game 2. Get back to that physical game.
koivu.jpg

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Staal crying in the refs ear every f***ing stoppage is reminding me of the eighties and a certain Oiler player.

He has that annoying suck face as well, I want to plow him.

KidShowtime

Pardy Dangles
Dec 3, 2014
Jets can't sleep on minny. They're a team that can absolutely play the upset.

Let's hope things go better tomorrow. A game 4 win will throw this city in to a frenzy on Friday.

Reactions: Sabadecade

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Staal crying in the refs ear every ****ing stoppage is reminding me of the eighties and a certain Oiler player.

Can't say I've got much respect for him. That little piece SN did didn't help either. He spent years pouting in Carolina cuz he didn't get his way?. Boo hoo.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Wild finished 3rd in the best division in hockey , they are a good team and i didn't think we would sweep them . They are almost as good at home as us , we win game 4 and look out , if they win game 4 it's a best of 3 and we have 2 at home , we are still looking good .

Reactions: GNP

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I think the Jets will be more prepard for Foligno running around like a lunatic tomorrow night. They'll have more poise and hopefully exploit how hopelessly out of position he was putting himself on most of his hits.

Buff planting him would be great too.

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
It’s sickening to read fans wishing for players to get hurt. Wishing it and that fan’s team is not even playing the Jets. I’m staying off HF until after the playoffs.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
The Wild had pretty much every bounce go their way last night. The guys need to remember how to play hard without taking penalties, because that's the only chance the Wild have in this series.

And nothing go our way, minus Wheeler goal. But there were so many other chances that just missed as well. Connor just missed top shelf when the game was 3-2 right after we scored the second goal. That could have changed the whole game.

Chariot with his stupid penalties, as weak as they were, it was clear with the penalties on Min that the game was going to be called close, so why even test it.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Staal crying in the refs ear every ****ing stoppage is reminding me of the eighties and a certain Oiler player.

Post of the year...cannot be improved on.

Loupie, love the avatar.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
every team has a theoretical chance to come back.
i still see the jets in 5.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
And nothing go our way, minus Wheeler goal. But there were so many other chances that just missed as well. Connor just missed top shelf when the game was 3-2 right after we scored the second goal. That could have changed the whole game.

Chariot with his stupid penalties, as weak as they were, it was clear with the penalties on Min that the game was going to be called close, so why even test it.

Chiarot himself was cross checked worse than the penalty he took just before he got called. I think like everything the issue I have with reffing is consistency.

Also the 5 on 3 really pissed me off because they basically gave Minny a goal. That was the most BS call of the whole night.

Here's the analytical view :sarcasm:

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I never expected them to sweep the Wild, we have been one of the hottest teams in the league in the last month, eventually a poor performance will come along. I fully expect Winnipeg Jets hockey on Tuesday night.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
It’s sickening to read fans wishing for players to get hurt. Wishing it and that fan’s team is not even playing the Jets. I’m staying off HF until after the playoffs.
Ok, see ya. It's a contact sport and players have been self-policing since the beginning of time. I don't approve injuring players seriously, but I'm all for making players pay for cheap shots and make the opposition think twice about pulling **** stuff like that.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ok, see ya. It's a contact sport and players have been self-policing since the beginning of time. I don't approve injuring players seriously, but I'm all for making players pay for cheap shots and make the opposition think twice about pulling **** stuff like that.
Agree , no one wants anyone hurt but when guys are deliberately trying to hurt guys with dirty crap like Foligno was doing , you want him to pay for that crap . Foligno went at Trouba's head and then Myers's knee almost like his coach showed him where these guys were hurt before . Conspiracy theory maybe , but i don't put anything by Spanky .

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Credit to the Wild for winning a game they really needed.

Fully expecting a closer game in game 4. I'd like to see the Jets play a little faster, work harder on moving traffic in front of Helle, get more traffic in front of Duby, and tighten some gaps so that our D doesn't need to collapse so far into our zone on the Wild rush.

Reactions: Ducky10 and Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad