Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXII: Stepping up in a Perfect Storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Not a chance in hell I do this

Don't worry, we can't make that trade anyway. ;)

Seriously, we are just under 60m for next season with a 13 player roster. Shesty, Lindgren, Chytil and Buch are RFAs. The summer after that Kakko, Fox and co are RFAs.

Eichel can't lead a team. There can be no ifs or buts about that. Right? Its not like he even remotely are killing you when you face Buffalo. He is there on the PP. Has a few OK shifts 5 on 5, most of the time he has little impacts on games. He is constantly taken advantage of when he face speedier more hard working lines.

I don't doubt that Gorton gave Buffalo a call. I think Gorton does his due diligence on things. When you do that you gather information for a decision and then makes the decision. Making the call is gathering the info. From my POV it makes -- zero -- sense to make the tremendous commitment it would take to (a) give up necessary assets to get Eichel, and (b) take on his enormous contract.

Reactions: Galvatron

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I think Lindgren should be wearing an A right now. Panarin and Trouba are out, Mika is a ghost, Kreider brings it 50% of the time. Lindgren is the most accountable guy on the team. If we could infuse 50% of the roster with Lindgren’s attitude, we’d be better.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
I was the ONLY one here who said I want the Rangers to take Stutzle!

*ok I didn't say that at all*.

But I did say to my wife that I'd do 3 and 5 for #1.

I just asked her if she remembered and she said... "nope".

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas

3 and 5 for 1 was something I struggled with the hypothetical of but ultimately don’t think I’d have gone for. The chance to pick #1 for the first time and the hype Laf had was just too great. And I think long term he’ll be a super special player and, hopefully, a bit better overall than Stutzle, but I knew Stutzle was my “favorite” player in the draft from day 1. But that’s like Landeskog being one of my favorite players; it’s not because I think he’s better than other players that I don’t like as much, I’m just a fan. I knew I was going to be big on Stutzle no matter what happened.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
22 shots on goal for the Sens in the 2nd period. Sens up on Calgary 3-1 in the 3rd. Outshot 22-6.

I have the game on in the backround and haven't heard his name at all. Oops, I just did. The announcers are blaming Bennet for I think the Sens second goal . That's funny

Flames are dead in the water.

Imagine the aneurysms here if Eichel leaks to the press that he wants to be traded to the Rangers to play under Quinn and Quinn only. I mean, Jack can be traded anywhere Buffalo chooses, but man the meltdowns here would buckets of worthy.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

EVQY9IzVAAA5ENw.jpg

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
3 and 5 for 1 was something I struggled with the hypothetical of but ultimately don’t think I’d have gone for. The chance to pick #1 for the first time and the hype Laf had was just too great. And I think long term he’ll be a super special player and, hopefully, a bit better overall than Stutzle, but I knew Stutzle was my “favorite” player in the draft from day 1. But that’s like Landeskog being one of my favorite players; it’s not because I think he’s better than other players that I don’t like as much, I’m just a fan. I knew I was going to be big on Stutzle no matter what happened.
Exactly. I said I would of done it from my living room. But not sure I'd have the sack to go with it if I was "the man".

I'd do it now though. From my livingroom only. Plenty of hiding spots in my house.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

sorry you married a Quinnbro.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
sorry you married a Quinnbro.

Haha. She doesn't even know who the man is. She still thinks AV is at the helm preaching "good looks".

Her favorite player ever was Jed Ortmeyer. We named our lab after him.

Reactions: Tob

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Only untouchables for Eichel for me are Fox and Lafreniere
I would have to agree. I'd say Shesterkin to but with goalies being notoriously unpredictable and that goalie values are all over the place I don't think he'd be the main piece in a trade, and he's too valuable to us to be anything else if that makes sense.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

It doesn't matter. If Stützle was playing on this team, he'd have 1 goal and 0 assists. We didn't draft the wrong player, we simply created the wrong environment.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Eichel is the worst Captain in the NHL. Don't blow up the roster for this guy. Maybe in a supporting role it could work, but my god this kid just has that loser mentality.

He puts up points sure, he's lazy in the D-zone. Has gone through endless coaches and GM's and you can tell he has zero control of his room.

Supporting role, non-captain and change in scenery might be ok. He needs to be coached right. Do we have that?

Dude might be cursed.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Eichel for spare parts only!

Howden,Robertson,Kravtsov, Nils and a 1st is as far as I'd go. No current worthy roster players. If they are ok with packages around prospects and picks only, fine. Maybe Buch

Reactions: Tob

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
It doesn't matter. If Stützle was playing on this team, he'd have 1 goal and 0 assists. We didn't draft the wrong player, we simply created the wrong environment.
You mean like the goaltending carousel? This team better find a way to start riding and playing Shesty. He is just as important to this team as Fox and Panarin. I don't think a goalie should feel like if loses a game he will be sitting the next especially when he is clearly the top goalie in the franchise. Goalie confidence is a fragile thing and who knows what's going thru Shesty's head.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Eichel is the worst Captain in the NHL. Don't blow up the roster for this guy. Maybe in a supporting role it could work, but my god this kid just has that loser mentality.

He puts up points sure, he's lazy in the D-zone. Has gone through endless coaches and GM's and you can tell he has zero control of his room.

Supporting role, non-captain and change in scenery might be ok. He needs to be coached right. Do we have that?

Dude might be cursed.
The next Hall?

Reactions: BKGooner

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Eichel for spare parts only!

Howden,Robertson,Kravtsov, Nils and a 1st is as far as I'd go. No current worthy roster players. If they are ok with packages around prospects and picks only, fine. Maybe Buch
I would hope for Zibby to bounce back and offer them Zibby and take out Nils since ELC's are so valuable right now. Although I think Zibby could decline a trade to Buffalo.

Reactions: Daves a mess
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad