Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXII: Stepping up in a Perfect Storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Calgary lost 5-1 to Ottawa. When are they going to blow that up? They need some serious retooling or even a rebuild.

Get me Lindholm :naughty:
I truly want Bennett. I think he's a perfect fit for what we need. I can foresee a clutch Sean Avery 2.0

Reactions: MetalJaws

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
If DeAngelo was still on our team, then maybe. But Lundkvist fills a hole in the line up now. They aren't trading starters on ELCs. If that was the case, this trade would have been done a while ago
But this is Jack Eichel we are talking about

i mean.. saying you wouldnt include Lundkvist when you have Fox Miller Trouba etc.. for JACK EICHEL.
Thats just not logical and I very much doubt Gordon feels the same

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The framework for these deals is well established.

A star player who wants out and is in their mid 20s is going to bring back a first, a prospect, a roster player, and then probably either another prospect or roster player. The caliber of those prospects is usually dependent on how good the player being dealt is but the roster player is usually a good but not great one.

27 year old Nash is obviously not as valuable as 24 year old Eichel but people are letting the memory of what Nash became cloud their view when they say he’s not a good comp.

He’s an excellent comp. He was an elite asset, locked up to a long contract, in the prime of his career with a lot of tread left on his tires. These Sabres fans think they are trading 24 year old Mario Lemieux away though.

Yeah, and the package for Eichel might be a little bit more than the one for Nash but not much.

Dubinsky: Buchnevich
Anisimov: Chytil
Erixon: Robertson
1st round pick

Maybe adding a 2nd rounder or another prospect and you're close IMO

Reactions: mas0764

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Yeah, and the package for Eichel might be a little bit more than the one for Nash but not much.

1st round pick

Strome instead of Chytil for cap offset purposes and Jones over Robertson. :thumbu:

can’t see JD giving up his big boy defenders

but I think that value is close. I know HF will disagree

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

1st round pick

Nash was older, had a full NMC and would only waive for the Rangers and maybe the Sharks and was not as good at the time of the trade. I don't know that the two are all the comparable. Think it's gonna have to hurt more than that.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Nash was older, had a full NMC and would only waive for the Rangers and maybe the Sharks and was not as good at the time of the trade. I don't know that the two are all the comparable. Think it's gonna have to hurt more than that.

Yes, that's why I said you could add an asset. Eichel is more valuable than Nash was in 2012, but some people make it sound like this is 24-year old Mario Lemieux.

If Buffalo wants more, then I wish Adams the best of luck taking his demands to LA.

When I see people suggesting Lafreniere or Kakko, they're going to be disappointed. That isn't happening. LA isn't offering Byfield, Anaheim isn't offering Zegras, Ottawa isn't offering Stützle. I can go on, but those type of assets aren't on the table, not for Eichel

Kravtsov, Jones, Robertson, Chytil... No problem. Take some. Add Buchnevich and a pick

If Kravtsov is the additional piece for that package I put together, that seems fair.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

I tend to agree with you.

Which I’ll add to the list of reasons why I’m not currently in favor of an eichel trade.

Let’s stay the course with player personnel for now think about a new coach for this developing young roster.

Let’s see which of our defensive prospects are going to turn into NHL players before we deal a bunch out of an assumed future abundance of depth

Reactions: Off Sides

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yes, that's why I said you could add an asset. Eichel is more valuable than Nash was in 2012, but some people make it sound like this is 24-year old Mario Lemieux.

If Buffalo wants more, then I wish Adams the best of luck taking his demands to LA.

When I see people suggesting Lafreniere or Kakko, they're going to be disappointed. That isn't happening. LA isn't offering Byfield, Anaheim isn't offering Zegras, Ottawa isn't offering Stützle. I can go on, but those type of assets aren't on the table, not for Eichel

Kravtsov, Jones, Robertson, Chytil... No problem. Take some. Add Buchnevich and a pick

If Kravtsov is the additional piece for that package I put together, that seems fair.
Mostly agree with this but man id love to keep Chytil. The center depth is still very, very rough without him and with Mika’s contract situation

Reactions: pld459666 and RGY

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
With some of these proposals being floated around, I kinda hope we look elsewhere. Yes, our C situation continues to be abysmal. But a trade for Eichel isn’t netting us a C and will take out several key pieces. Eichel isn’t the difference we need to win a Cup.

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
With some of these proposals being floated around, I kinda hope we look elsewhere. Yes, our C situation continues to be abysmal. But a trade for Eichel isn’t netting us a C and will take out several key pieces. Eichel isn’t the difference we need to win a Cup.
Eichel is a center

do you not think hes fit of that position?

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Eichel is a center

do you not think hes fit of that position?
not when he neuters our farm system and takes a key roster player or two. he helps our C position, but wouldn’t help our depth as certainly Chytil at the very least would be included. Even if it were just farm players we’d be giving up for him and our current roster isn’t impacted, Eichel isn’t the difference that would make us serious contenders to win the Cup.

If Eichel forces his way onto the Rangers somehow and the package isn’t devastating, then obviously you have to take a serious look. But from everything being talked about, Eichel would cost a lot more than he’s worth to the Rangers imo.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

Nash coming to the Rangers had scored 30+ goals in five straight seasons and seven out of eight - something Eichel has done exactly once in his career. Couple that with Nash being a seriously underrated two way player and I'd make the argument that Nash was the better player if we're comparing the two. Eichel mailing it in this season is also something you need to take a serious look at if you're considering trading him.

If it hurts more than that, to use your words, then I'm avoiding that pain all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->