Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXII: Stepping up in a Perfect Storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Instead of trying to trade for one of these expensive centers wouldn't it be better to wait a year and then trade for the #1 pick to get Shane Wright?

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
If Eichel is the franchise altering player hes made out to be, why has he not altered Buffalo?

Its not all on management. Players HAVE to be included in that equation and he is the lead player.

Hes as much a part of the problem up there as is anyone else.

Buch or Strome
Nils
Robertson
Top 3 protected 1st in 2021

Let them trade him somewhere else if they require more.

I said exactly this not long ago. I got told I didn't know what I was talking about. That may be the case, but it doesn't change that Eichel isn't the special player some make him out to be. He is not Mackinnon, Crosby, hell even Kopitar. Eichel has a heart sized hole in his chest and his attitude has held back the Sabres for years.

Buch
Georgiev
Strome(Cap and position purposes)
Lundqvist
Protected 1st 2021

Not a spectacular deal, so I would understand if the Sabres move him elsewhere if this kinda deal is the offer.

Reactions: MetalJaws

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Instead of trying to trade for one of these expensive centers wouldn't it be better to wait a year and then trade for the #1 pick to get Shane Wright?

the only way to get the #1 pick is to win the lottery...there is zero chance it gets traded

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I am willing to trade Igor because I think Georgiev can be really good too.

Buffalo also mentioned that they want a C back in a trade.

So a deal would start with

Igor
Chytil
1st round - 2021

What else would we have to include? I think the rest of the deal will either be Lundkvist or Schneider +. Buffalo has stated quality over quantity. Another option is , what does Buffalo think of Kravtsov? Maybe that is the + if we are trading Schneider?
Georgiev has shown that he can be a pretty good backup. There is no one in the system that is starting caliber right now. Trading Shesterkin completely sets this team back.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I said exactly this not long ago. I got told I didn't know what I was talking about. That may be the case, but it doesn't change that Eichel isn't the special player some make him out to be. He is not Mackinnon, Crosby, hell even Kopitar. Eichel has a heart sized hole in his chest and his attitude has held back the Sabres for years.

Buch
Georgiev
Strome(Cap and position purposes)
Lundqvist
Protected 1st 2021

Not a spectacular deal, so I would understand if the Sabres move him elsewhere if this kinda deal is the offer.
Sabres do not do a deal unless Chytil is involved

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Anyone not on this roster I'd trade for Eichel. So something around Georgiev, Strome, Howden, Nils, Robertson and a 1st would do it for me.

2021-2022 Rangers Roster. Yes I'm bored.

Panarin - Eichel - Kakko
Laf - Zib - Buch
Kreider - Chytil - Kravtsov
Lemmy - FA - PDG

Miller - Trouba
Lindgren - Fox
FA - FA

Shesty
FA
That roster fit under our cap?

Reactions: bl02
Status