Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXII: Stepping up in a Perfect Storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Not sure there was anything clear about your post other than trying to make Eichel seem like a nobody

Clear to me that he was establishing that the same standards held for an under performing Mika should be applied to Eichel.

Not producing, value is lower.

That was very clear to me

zukeisgone

Jan 17, 2019
I know it’s a bit risky but I would consider Shesty as a main piece for Eichel. You can win with an above average goalie. It’s like a running back in the NFL...Overpaying a goalie only causes cap concerns down the road. My budget for goalies is 5-6 million per year and no more than 3 years. Keep Filip . Also I am confused about trading Mika..he has a nmc.
Shesty
2021 1st unprotected
Secondary defensemen
Winger not named Laf or Kk

Including Shesty may convince the Sabres to pull trigger

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
I know it’s a bit risky but I would consider Shesty as a main piece for Eichel. You can win with an above average goalie. It’s like a running back in the NFL...Overpaying a goalie only causes cap concerns down the road. My budget for goalies is 5-6 million per year and no more than 3 years. Keep Filip . Also I am confused about trading Mika..he has a nmc.
Shesty
2021 1st unprotected
Secondary defensemen
Winger not named Laf or Kk

Including Shesty may convince the Sabres to pull trigger

I am willing to trade Igor because I think Georgiev can be really good too.

Buffalo also mentioned that they want a C back in a trade.

So a deal would start with

Igor
Chytil
1st round - 2021

What else would we have to include? I think the rest of the deal will either be Lundkvist or Schneider +. Buffalo has stated quality over quantity. Another option is , what does Buffalo think of Kravtsov? Maybe that is the + if we are trading Schneider?

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I get a feeling if/when Eichel comes here it’ll be an off-season deal. This is going to be a monster of a deal, and it’s gonna hurt. How often do you get a chance at a young #1 Center though?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If Eichel is the franchise altering player hes made out to be, why has he not altered Buffalo?

Its not all on management. Players HAVE to be included in that equation and he is the lead player.

Hes as much a part of the problem up there as is anyone else.

Buch or Strome
Nils
Robertson
Top 3 protected 1st in 2021

Let them trade him somewhere else if they require more.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I get a feeling if/when Eichel comes here it’ll be an off-season deal. This is going to be a monster of a deal, and it’s gonna hurt. How often do you get a chance at a young #1 Center though?
At what, 24 years old? Especially rare. It’ll hurt. Won’t be what Buffalo fans want but it also will send the Rangers’ prospect pool into the high teens (16-19) after a deal like this.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
TBH I can see Vegas as serious players for Zibanejad if the Rangers make him available.

That is more the direction I'd rather see the Rangers take. See if they can sell off to a contender team who has the right youth/prospects.

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
If Eichel is the franchise altering player hes made out to be, why has he not altered Buffalo?

Its not all on management. Players HAVE to be included in that equation and he is the lead player.

Buch or Strome
Nils
Robertson

Agree with all of this.

I would be ok with taking the protection off the 1st to sweeten it for them.

Reactions: haveandare

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
The longer this drags on, the more appealing going for someone like Barkov becomes, just for the simple fact that while his contract will take him into older years than Eichel's, he will cost literally no assets to acquire once he hits UFA.

assuming that he becomes a UFAs....panthers are good this year with a new gm and an owner with lots of $$

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Just one question: PLD returned Laine. Why do we think Eichel, who most consider a much better player will return less?
I'm not going to say what Eichel should or will return, but PLD - Laine deal was pretty unique because both players wanted out. There really is no comparable.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Just one question: PLD returned Laine. Why do we think Eichel, who most consider a much better player will return less?

The short answer is, there is no obviously available comparable player on a team that is rumored to have interest, cap space, and financial means to acquire Eichel.

This isn’t a Nash situation where he all but forced his way to the NYR, but this isn’t a PLD situation where Eichel actually could be traded to the entire league. For example would have to think there is no way the Jets would have absorbed Eichel’s contract...imagine what the price for PLD would have been if just the NYR/Montreal were bidding on him. And I’m not saying Eichel is equally valuable to PLD but that’s the kind of calculation many are doing in their head.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Buch or Strome
Nils
Robertson

Probably because it's not the NBA where one player doesn't make a whole team and their bottom six is a joke.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Does Eichel have a no trade clause in his contract as to where he could be traded?

no you aren't allowed to have one on RFA years...his NMC kicks in for the 2022-23 season. He is also owed a $7.5 mil signing bonus on 7/1/22. so that is buffalo's 15 month or so window to make a decision.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I was daydreaming yesterday asking myself the same thing about the Jets & Scheifele.

I seriously, seriously doubt they would...but I wonder.
I mistakenly asked that same question on Reddit and was downvoted to hell by red wing fans.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Probably because it's not the NBA where one player doesn't make a whole team and their bottom six is a joke.
No, it’s definitely Eichel’s fault that the GM stripped the entire team to its bare bones in order to tank for McDavid and never properly rebuilt after that. How could Eichel do such a thing?

Reactions: Trxjw and Leetch3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad