Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXII: Stepping up in a Perfect Storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Venture over to their board and you’ll see people saying they would maybe accept Kakko, Fox, Chytil and multiple 1sts

That or them discussing how they don’t want Lafreniere because he’ll be a bust like Yakupov

Oh, I know, I had a good long check of the Eichel thread yesterday. If some guys don't want him because he's "already a bust", then that's fine; they weren't getting him anyway.

The return for Eichel in the current economic climate, is not going to be flattering to some of the proposals I've seen. They're better off firing Krueger yesterday and hiring one of the big three guys that are currently sitting.

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
Way too much to factor on any eichel deal. The Rangers aren’t going to include laf, kakko, or fox. If they HAVe to chytil then theyre going to have to line up another trade(zib?) to acquire a high upside, cost controlled center to play behind eichel.

Reactions: mas0764

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Buffalo isn’t getting anything close to that back for Eichel lol

If that’s the type of offer they’re expecting, they better be okay with waiting cause it won’t be coming from the Rangers
Why wont they get that back, exactly? Besides the Rangers saying no thanks (which they should anyway, they literally cant afford Eichel cap-wise unless you let Mika go)

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Why wont they get that back, exactly? Besides the Rangers saying no thanks (which they should anyway, they literally cant afford Eichel cap-wise unless you let Mika go)
It’s pretty simple, historically the return in these types of trades never live up to what fans expect. Go back and look at players traded in a similar situation, it’s either quantity or quality, not both.

Plus add on his massive contract that needs to be managed and it’s not going to be a return that blows fans away.

I don’t expect a team to steal Eichel away, but Buffalo fans are expecting highway robbery in return and it’s not going to happen

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Doesn’t have to be exact but what are some examples of trade returns for relatively young first-line/elite forwards?

Hall? Adam Larsson lol
O’Reilly? Literally nothing
Carter? Voracek + 1st then Jack Johnson + 1st
Nash, Kessel, Seguin were ones I thought of last night. Good players going in exchange but nothing earth shattering by any means

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Doesn’t have to be exact but what are some examples of trade returns for relatively young first-line/elite forwards?

Hall? Adam Larsson lol
O’Reilly? Literally nothing
Carter? Voracek + 1st then Jack Johnson + 1st
Johansen got Seth Jones, a recent top-3 pick then, for a guy who had a SINGLE good season

plus the guys you listed were nowhere near Eichel in skill and age

Do I think the Rangers get him? No because of the money. But if they did its including Fox one way or another, and Id assume Kakko is tied to him so they can keep their 1st in case they win the lotto again

you cant get Eichel without Fox, it just cant happen. Kakko hasnt proven anywhere near enough to be the center piece

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Johansen got Seth Jones, a recent top-3 pick then, for a guy who had a SINGLE good season

Do I think the Rangers get him? No because of the money. But if they did its including Fox one way or another, and Id assume Kakko is tied to him so they can keep their 1st in case they win the lotto again

you cant get Eichel without Fox, it just cant happen. Kakko hasnt proven anywhere near enough to be the center piece
Fox isn't getting traded. He's our #1D and he basically forced his way here.

Reactions: Woncka

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
If Buffalo believes this, then Kakko will not be included in the deal.

He isn't a throw-in, he's a centrepiece.
I dont think NY should even inquire. Theyd put themselves in cap hell

but from Buffalos perspective, Kakko cant be the centerpiece or they may as well fold

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Fox goes nowhere.
giphy.gif

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Fox goes nowhere.
giphy.gif
As someone said, Fox chose to come to NY anyway so its a crap shoot

Eichels contract would be the problem anyhow. Rangers would lose Zibanejad unless he took a huge discount, with having to pay guys like Kakko Fox Lafreniere etc.. in the years to come

Reactions: SRHRangers

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

but from Buffalos perspective, Kakko cant be the centerpiece or they may as well fold
Second overall pick not even 2 years ago cant be a center piece. Ok bud
Rangers shouldnt do Kakko for Eichel either

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Did you read the words “not exact” and “relatively young”?

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

That's fair. And if that's the case, then they would probably need to find a deal without Lafreniere or Kakko, because the Rangers just aren't going to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad