Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
Info sent to the 1/2 STH as well. So with dynamic pricing, they base the value on the secondary market and not just on the quality of the match-up?

negipai98

Jul 14, 2014
Still trying to get the hang of how Stub Hub works with their fees. I just listed tickets for $100 each. The price displayed to buyers is $117.25. I get that the price is "all in" so it incorporates fees, but I still have no idea how they arrived at $117.25 from $100.

Any thoughts? Thx!

CarlosDanger

Beast Mode
Aug 29, 2013
'Merica
Haven't had much chance to look at the schedule and figure out the best games so far. Besides opening night anyone have any insight into the more valuable resale games?

eric29

Sep 15, 2014
I'm looking for 3 (or 4) tickets to the Dec. 27th game - my Ranger fan cousin is coming down from Boston for Xmas and we always go to one game. His brother is coming too so I need 3, but I realize most people sell 2 or 4 so I may need to buy 4.

Alternately, if anyone is wiling to help me out by PM'ing me the STH password - I would be eternally grateful.

thanks.

AHB*

Still trying to get the hang of how Stub Hub works with their fees. I just listed tickets for $100 each. The price displayed to buyers is $117.25. I get that the price is "all in" so it incorporates fees, but I still have no idea how they arrived at $117.25 from $100.

Any thoughts? Thx!

It is free to list tickets for sale, and to search for tickets to buy on StubHub. On each completed transaction, the buyer pays a 10% fee, and sellers are charged a 15% fee. For example, on the sale of a $100 ticket, the buyer would pay $110. The seller would net $85.

Haven't had much chance to look at the schedule and figure out the best games so far. Besides opening night anyone have any insight into the more valuable resale games?

Devils game on the 27th is one of the biggest sellers. Weekends games usually sell the best. I hate going on weekends so I try to get rid of those unless I really want to go to it.

negipai98

Jul 14, 2014
It is free to list tickets for sale, and to search for tickets to buy on StubHub. On each completed transaction, the buyer pays a 10% fee, and sellers are charged a 15% fee. For example, on the sale of a $100 ticket, the buyer would pay $110. The seller would net $85.

Thanks , but this does not explain how the buyer price ends up at $117.25 on a $100 ticket. On a side note, the seller fee is showing as 10% - not sure if that is different from previous years.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

Thanks , but this does not explain how the buyer price ends up at $117.25 on a $100 ticket. On a side note, the seller fee is showing as 10% - not sure if that is different from previous years.

Stubhub recently changed its seller commission for NHL games from 15% to 10%. The upcharge to sellers is usually 15% but can change from event to event even within the same category (eg Ranger games).

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

They recently flipped it so that it's 10% for the seller wnd 15% for the buyer. Then you have to factor in the fee for delivery.

AHB*

15% fee plus probably a service charge for shipping or something. I forgot they lowered the fees for Rangers games. Regardless, they really take you for a ride. I sold one game to the SCF and got paid out $2000, but Stubhub took like 300+ off the total cost.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Knicks have the highest get-in price for a game I've ever seen, tickets start at $226 for the cavaliers game on 12/4 (back row 400s), and they want $4800 per ticket to sit courtside

They're acting like the Knicks are actually good or something.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

Any thoughts? Thx!

$15 buyer commission, $2.25 for delivery. I am assuming you offered pdf tickets for either instant download or you are going to post them? If you said UPS, it would be higher.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I remember when the season ticket holder pre-sale was actually worth the time and effort. In 2002, was able to get 6 extra tickets for the home opener. Was able to get 4 extra for Mike Richter night in 2003. A few years after the 04 lockout, they didnt have the season ticket holder pre-sale as the supply did not justify it. A lot of people complained so they brought it back with the little inventory they have. Not really sure why anyone is surprised that hardly anything is available.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

Any thoughts? Thx!

The basic formula for NHL tickets on stubhub is your price is inflated +10% buyers fee +$5/ea shipping UPS (or +$2.00 to $2.50/ea PDF), and when your ticket sells they take 15% seller fee from your price. But then that's not the end of the story, stubhub will adjust fees on a per game basis to decrease the 10% fee usually to 5%, and sometimes they will even charge you 10% instead of 15% seller fee. In general they will lower the fees on the lower demand games and set the maximum fees for the most in demand games

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
The basic formula for NHL tickets on stubhub is your price is inflated +10% buyers fee +$5/ea shipping UPS (or +$2.00 to $2.50/ea PDF), and when your ticket sells they take 15% seller fee from your price. But then that's not the end of the story, stubhub will adjust fees on a per game basis to decrease the 10% fee usually to 5%, and sometimes they will even charge you 10% instead of 15% seller fee. In general they will lower the fees on the lower demand games and set the maximum fees for the most in demand games

Seller fee is now 10%. Have sold some on stubhub the past month and been charged 10% of my list price.

AHB*

For the 2PM chase ticket pre-sale do you think they might have some more seats available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad