Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Not sure if answered, but does anyone know when regular season tickets go on sale to the general public? All I see on ticket master are pre-season games.

Radio silence - but I expect tickets to go onsale this week. They have a presale for season ticket holders but it's completely bogus because it's a generic word that gets circulated around pretty fast. Every year they announce the time and code later and later to stop the password from circulating too much. I have no idea why they don't just go ahead and make it a unique password presale like every other serious team does (like the Yankees).

Last year, they only sent out the password one hour before the sale, and some people (like me) were never emailed the code! This year looks like they're even keeping the date and time from us. Very very lame

But all that to say, who cares about the individual sale. They use dynamic pricing to peg tickets at the stubhub market price. So you're not going to find any sort of reasonably priced tickets. Furthermore, they're going to throw out the junk first so you panic and buy the expensive seats. You'll only see singles and random back rows in the upper bowl. Only when there's a week before each game will you see the good stuff being released, but at again at heavily inflated prices

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
So I've really benn mulling over upgrading to full-season tix and so I called up one of the Dedicated Experience Managers at MSG.....she told me a lot of what I already knew (and a lot of things I learned by reading this thread). Unless I want to get lower bowl seats for $293 each, (I don't lol), I will have to wait until next season. She told me to tell my rep in the spring when I place my deposit that I want to upgrade to full-season. Any tips/advice moving forward or is that pretty much it?

Thanks

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Hey guys, question. Is it worth going to fan fest saturday or is it mostly for kids? Will I be able to meet players and get autographs?? I dont want to drive all the way there for nothing, hurt my ankle so I really cant skate.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Hey guys, question. Is it worth going to fan fest saturday or is it mostly for kids? Will I be able to meet players and get autographs?? I dont want to drive all the way there for nothing, hurt my ankle so I really cant skate.

It's primarily geared towards kids (carnival type games, some arcades, face painting, pick up street hockey, puck handling drills, etc..). There are some allumns that show up for autographs, but from what I remember there was never any current players there. Ron DuGuay is usually a sure thing to show up. There's the skating on the official practice rink, and everyone gets a handful of vouchers for basic food like hamburgers and sodas.

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
Anyone have experience selling the bridge barstool seats on the second market?

Was thinking of snagging a mini-plan for one of the bridge corners, but I already know I'm going to not be able to make it to 3-4 of the games, regardless of which plan I pick.

They quoted me at $140 a seat, picking up a pair, think I can break even or make money?

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
Anyone have experience selling the bridge barstool seats on the second market?

Was thinking of snagging a mini-plan for one of the bridge corners, but I already know I'm going to not be able to make it to 3-4 of the games, regardless of which plan I pick.

They quoted me at $140 a seat, picking up a pair, think I can break even or make money?

tough to make money on a seat that expensive and that far away but its also dependant on the games you need to sell. if they are mid week games, you'll most likely take a loss. if its a weekend game against a decent opponent, you'll be in good shape.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I guy I know told me he has a half plan in the 400's. I couldn't believe it when he told me that they charge him $75 per ticket. That's 50% over the full season price !

When did the delta on the partials get so wide

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
tough to make money on a seat that expensive and that far away but its also dependant on the games you need to sell. if they are mid week games, you'll most likely take a loss. if its a weekend game against a decent opponent, you'll be in good shape.

Yeah I figured as much. I'd probably be willing to eat about $20-30 a ticket a game if I had to, but more than that it wouldn't make sense for me financially.

Think I'm going to go for it, hoping to pull in some people that might want to buy a game or two for face.

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
I guy I know told me he has a half plan in the 400's. I couldn't believe it when he told me that they charge him $75 per ticket. That's 50% over the full season price !

When did the delta on the partials get so wide

Yeah I was a bit shocked myself to get quoted $140 for barstools in 314 not just for the miniplan, but for the half season as well.

What do those cost for a season ticker holder, $110?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I had saved the tickets for a preseason game on my computer so I can post the tickets on Stubhub, but are the hard tickets still in use if I didn't change the barcodes?

Sold a game tonight to a friend and would rather just give the person the hard tickets.

AHB*

Yeah I was a bit shocked myself to get quoted $140 for barstools in 314 not just for the miniplan, but for the half season as well.

What do those cost for a season ticker holder, $110?

Last year they gave me the option of buying my tickets for $140 on barstools or $143/Game in section 101. Crazy, right?

I had saved the tickets for a preseason game on my computer so I can post the tickets on Stubhub, but are the hard tickets still in use if I didn't change the barcodes?

Sold a game tonight to a friend and would rather just give the person the hard tickets.

As long as you didn't change the barcodes via your account, whatever you printed originally is still good.

I went on a date one year and this year am going with my younger sisters. If you're going for strictly hockey purposes, you probably won't enjoy it much, but if you go to just have fun with another person, it's a good time, even if you're a little older lol. Last time I went they had Brian Mullen, Duguay, Glenn Anderson, Graves and a few others.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Barcodes are the same as the ones on the hard tickets so you could use either/or unless you checked off the reissue tickets button in which case you could only use the paper tickets since the old barcodes are deactivated like AHB said.

Actually asked GG about this last night too lol

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Barcodes are the same as the ones on the hard tickets so you could use either/or unless you checked off the reissue tickets button in which case you could only use the paper tickets since the old barcodes are deactivated like AHB said.

Actually asked GG about this last night too lol

Cool, good to know, just emailed him the pdf of the tickets, and said just use them, but he is taking his little son to the game so he asked for the hard tickets as a little souvenir for his first game so I will give him the hard tickets next time I see him.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
we can now print or transfer tickets to all regular season games.

Thanks for the heads up.

On a related note, I got my STH Card & Pin in the mail today, and not suprisingly they are not giving us any concessions credit whatsoever again for the 3rd consecutive year.

Only $10 off overpriced parking lots that are next to free street parking during game time

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Thanks for the heads up.

On a related note, I got my STH Card & Pin in the mail today, and not suprisingly they are not giving us any concessions credit whatsoever again for the 3rd consecutive year.

Only $10 off overpriced parking lots that are next to free street parking during game time

Did you get any with your Knicks tickets or still too early for them to be shipped yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad