Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
wow same sold my blueseats for 65 bucks last week...face is over 100

Never saw this coming - if the Rangers have this sort of explosive demand potential I may have to revise all my prices way up lol

Tonight is a supply issue, but I bet you that the lower bowl center seats are going to be 60% empty like the other preseason games. For some reason the corporate holders aren't giving them to clients or selling, or the people getting the freebies just aren't using them

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Never saw this coming - if the Rangers have this sort of explosive demand potential I may have to revise all my prices way up lol

Tonight is a supply issue, but I bet you that the lower bowl center seats are going to be 60% empty like the other preseason games. For some reason the corporate holders aren't giving them to clients or selling, or the people getting the freebies just aren't using them

Yeah this is more of a perfect storm type deal I think. Moderate demand for a preseason game with tons of people not bothering to list them because they're either going/sold em already for cheap to try and get something back/threw em in the garbage because they thought they were worthless since it's preseason. Just crazy to see prices like this though.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
It being on a Friday night is another reason why they are selling high, additionally with all the hype the kids are getting everyone wants to see them.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
and in other f'd up news, I notice that stubhub is charging a 20% buyer fee on top of their 2 buck delivery fee on top of the 10% seller fee

That's like 35% fees!

Last edited:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
and in other f'd up news, I notice that stubhub is charging a 20% buyer fee on top of their 2 buck delivery fee on top of the 10% seller fee

That's like 35% fees!

Yup, its the biggest rip off. They must make millions a day with the amount of tickets they sell.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Knicks tickets arrived today. They have 5 rotating images, and they went back to the horizontal design like the Rangers had last year and previous years. They only had the vertical designs for a single year. They don't look anything special, but I think it's funny that the only player's face they have is Carmelo Anthony - i.e. they expect to trade everybody else lol

Blueshirts51

Oct 8, 2014
Astoria
New to the board and first time partial season ticket holder. Just read through about 20 pages in this thread and the info you guys provided and was very helpful. Thanks for sharing. I wish I had read it two months ago.

Was pretty late in getting tickets because I was not proactive in contacting a sales rep. I filled out the form three times over the course of a month before finally calling someone. I managed to get seats 5,6 in Sec 208 Row 11 for Miniplan A.

Any 208 sth's on here have any feedback on the area? I checked out the seats at one of the preseason games and they seem to be solid.

Also, if any other miniplan holders are interested in mixing and matching games over the course of the season, let me know.

Stoked to finally be a STH, even if its only for a miniplan.

LGR!

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
New to the board and first time partial season ticket holder. Just read through about 20 pages in this thread and the info you guys provided and was very helpful. Thanks for sharing. I wish I had read it two months ago.

Was pretty late in getting tickets because I was not proactive in contacting a sales rep. I filled out the form three times over the course of a month before finally calling someone. I managed to get seats 5,6 in Sec 208 Row 11 for Miniplan A.

Any 208 sth's on here have any feedback on the area? I checked out the seats at one of the preseason games and they seem to be solid.

Also, if any other miniplan holders are interested in mixing and matching games over the course of the season, let me know.

LGR!

Welcome aboard as a STH you will find it to be a great experience!

PassShootScore

208 Row 18
May 30, 2010
Long Island

LGR!

im also in 208 i love it don't really mind the bridge since there is a giant tv in front of me

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
The bridges don't really bother me. To me, the only drawback is not being able to take a panoramic from my seat, but oh well.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
If anyone grabbed an extra flag tonight and wouldn't mind parting with it for a few bucks (and shipping cost), shoot me a PM.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Was I the only one expecting some kind of banner ceremony for the Eastern Conference Champions? :dunno:

I probably would have been expecting it if someone hadn't told me they read in the paper that they were not doing anything. Basically the sentiment was that was last year and it's a new season now.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
If anyone plans on using StubHub, you get a $25 fancode if you buy two Red Bulls tickets. The tickets are as cheap as $9 each at the moment. You have to buy two to get the code. I just bought two and threw em back up to get the code. I'll probably take $5-10 in actual money loss but figured it was worth it for the $25 code. Only thing is the code I got expires 55 days from now.

http://www.stubhub.com/fan-rewards/

It's on the left side. Have to be a fan rewards member which is free anyway.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
If anyone plans on using StubHub, you get a $25 fancode if you buy two Red Bulls tickets. The tickets are as cheap as $9 each at the moment. You have to buy two to get the code. I just bought two and threw em back up to get the code. I'll probably take $5-10 in actual money loss but figured it was worth it for the $25 code. Only thing is the code I got expires 55 days from now.

http://www.stubhub.com/fan-rewards/

It's on the left side. Have to be a fan rewards member which is free anyway.

Is that $25 towards anything or has to be towards MLS tickets

twistedwrister

Jul 10, 2009
Has anyone else noticed that it seems to be taking much longer to get through security before the game? I was coming to the game last night from work and it took me almost 15 minutes to get through and I almost missed the start of the game. It also seemed like there were a lot more empty seats at the start of the game than usual. I think it was 2 seasons ago (right after the Boston Marathon bombings?) that they started using the wands and thoroughly screening people but it's been the same ever since. I totally understand why they go through that, I'm just not sure why it seems to be taking 5x as long this season.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Has anyone else noticed that it seems to be taking much longer to get through security before the game? I was coming to the game last night from work and it took me almost 15 minutes to get through and I almost missed the start of the game. It also seemed like there were a lot more empty seats at the start of the game than usual. I think it was 2 seasons ago (right after the Boston Marathon bombings?) that they started using the wands and thoroughly screening people but it's been the same ever since. I totally understand why they go through that, I'm just not sure why it seems to be taking 5x as long this season.

At the beginning of the year it always seems to take longer but last night was ridiculous. During the playoffs last year I don't remember this problem

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
At the beginning of the year it always seems to take longer but last night was ridiculous. During the playoffs last year I don't remember this problem

And it's not like they're making anybody safer. I sometimes carry a swiss army knife, and if I forget I have it and I'm at the gate I just hold the knife with my keys as I get wanded and sail right through lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino