Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Total # of tickets up for sale to game 6 is still higher than 2 days ago. Prices still too high to move this many tickets in 24 hours (3027 stubhub + 1217 rangers exchange). Get in is about $350, down from $515 before game 5. There's going to be some good deals to be had tomorrow.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Total # of tickets up for sale to game 6 is still higher than 2 days ago. Prices still too high to move this many tickets in 24 hours (3027 stubhub + 1217 rangers exchange). Get in is about $350, down from $515 before game 5. There's going to be some good deals to be had tomorrow.

The twist and turns of the secondary market in these playoff runs are so emotion dependent. I bet that if we had lost game 4 but won last night, we'd be saying how high prices will be tomorrow rather than how low they will go.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I wonder how many of those tickets will just be pulled and people will just go instead of lowering their prices?

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I wonder how many of those tickets will just be pulled and people will just go instead of lowering their prices?

A lot so there will be a floor. My guess is about $300 floor. I actually think prices will go up as we get near game time because there are a lot of rangers fans who want to go. This is the first SCF possible clincher home game since matteau matteau

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
A lot so there will be a floor. My guess is about $300 floor. I actually think prices will go up as we get near game time because there are a lot of rangers fans who want to go. This is the first SCF possible clincher home game since matteau matteau

Yea, was 6 when they won in 94 so I didn't even bother posting my tickets at a high price, no doubt I was going tomorrow night.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Yea, was 6 when they won in 94 so I didn't even bother posting my tickets at a high price, no doubt I was going tomorrow night.

I was 26 and was there for the entire ECF and SCF and there's no way I'm missing tomorrow or any of the SCF (if we get there). You never know when we'd be here again. LGR!!

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I was 26 and was there for the entire ECF and SCF and there's no way I'm missing tomorrow or any of the SCF (if we get there). You never know when we'd be here again. LGR!!

Can't even imagine what it was like :yo:. Let's get it done tomorrow. LGR!

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I know it's a lot of money but for a semis clincher, the prices are quite reasonable at a couple of hundred bucks above ST FV. Tomorrow is the game where every ranger fan should want to spend their saved money on (not games 3 or 4). You want to be there tomorrow. I think it's only the 3rd time since 1979.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
checked recent sales. one pair went for 74$ typo!
yeah - lowers, missed it. I also missed $260 in 221 row 10

BS! I did not get a price alert email that something was posted below $200.

haha, stubhub alerts do NOT work. I've been using it for years and not one alert for anything from available events to prices below a number has ever worked even once

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
yeah - lowers, missed it. I also missed $260 in 221 row 10

haha, stubhub alerts do NOT work. I've been using it for years and not one alert for anything from available events to prices below a number has ever worked even once

I got an email once but it was either hours or a day after the prices got below what I put.

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
I don't know where to post this, so I figured here would do.After watching the the sad state of the NHL this series. The refereeing stinks. I have never seen a worse refereed series than this series in my life. The embellishment is rediculous. Subban did another sell job last game. I don't believe in conspiracy theories but either Bettman wants a 7 game series and the NHL will stop at nothing to get there, or it must be really important to get a Canadian team in the cup finals. I just called my season ticket rep and told him I will not be renewing my Season Tickets next season after 27 years. This league is a joke!!! The NHL has done everything but have the referees skate down the ice and throw the puck in the Rangers net. I am done...

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I don't know where to post this, so I figured here would do.After watching the the sad state of the NHL this series. The refereeing stinks. I have never seen a worse refereed series than this series in my life. The embellishment is rediculous. Subban did another sell job last game. I don't believe in conspiracy theories but either Bettman wants a 7 game series and the NHL will stop at nothing to get there, or it must be really important to get a Canadian team in the cup finals. I just called my season ticket rep and told him I will not be renewing my Season Tickets next season after 27 years. This league is a joke!!! The NHL has done everything but have the referees skate down the ice and throw the puck in the Rangers net. I am done...

Where are your seats

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey

I think after thinking it over you will change your mind however, if you don't mind could you contact me about your seats. I would be very interested in taking them over pending where they are. Thanks

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Except have the linesman creep out away from the boards and trip up a Rangers defenseman skating backwards sending a Canadian on a breakaway for a winning goal in OT just like in 1986.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

Yeah ok. As if the league doesn't want their largest tv market in the finals. Ratings will be strong in Canada regardless of who plays.

jrentor

Apr 29, 2013
How low do you think they might get for something decent? Like in the 200? I assume that is a good section?

Even though I have been a ranger fan for 30 years, I have never been to a playoff game, I usually cannot afford it, but thinking of treating myself finally. I have been to a few regular season games, in the old MSG

I see some prices are $400 - 450.

If I am going to buy one should I wait until end of day will it get cheaper? go higher? or will it just sell out?

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
How low do you think they might get for something decent? Like in the 200? I assume that is a good section?

Even though I have been a ranger fan for 30 years, I have never been to a playoff game, I usually cannot afford it, but thinking of treating myself finally. I have been to a few regular season games, in the old MSG

If I am going to buy one should I wait until end of day will it get cheaper? go higher? or will it just sell out?

Tough to know for sure what the market will do, but if I had to guess, I'd say it'll continue to trend downwards throughout the day. Still almost 2500 tickets left and prices have been going down over the last day or so. If there is slack in the supply, you'll see prices tank right before the game(or even after it starts, sales go for 30 minutes after the scheduled start which is like 15 minutes after puck drop in reality), but you run the risk of not getting something if you wait. If you do go the last minute route, you can have the Stubhub office at 40th and 6th print your tickets, or you can print them at FedEx office at 37th and 7th on their computers for around $5. You'll probably be able to get something for ~$300, possibly lower.

In terms of sections, there really isn't a bad seat in the house at MSG aside from the upper rows of the 400s, but if you don't go that often, I'd spend a little extra and get something in the 200s below row 15 so that you get a full view of the scoreboard and aren't obstructed by the bridges. Don't buy anything in the 400s past row 4.

Also, keep an eye out here if you want to buy, you'll almost always get better prices than StubHub unless you're waiting until the last second when people on here have sold already.

Good luck!

Last edited:

AHB*

Same, but I was 4. Guy at work asked me if I'd hypothetically sell it for 20K, I just told him, in life, there are some things that are more important than money and this is one of them for me.

You could offer me a duffel bag of cash. I'm going tonight.

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey

I dont know if he had it still but a guy on the boards was selling row 2 in the 200s for 400. Very good deal compared to the secondary market.

My personal opinion is the market will drop a little more before jumping back up later today. I am no professional, just taking an educated guess.

AHB*

on that note...
do they offer transfers? lol

No, buy a 10 game plan or a half season in the lower bowl, suck it up for a year or 2 and get an in with a rep, then try to move, each year.

DO you want just 1 or 2 seats? Multiples is obviously harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad