Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Looks like they just put out Sec 204WC tickets for the games. Great seats right behind Hank, but $200 a pop...

Available for home opener, 11/29 vs Flyers and 12/27 vs Devils. (only ones I checked)

Last edited:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Looks like they just put out Sec 204WC tickets for the games. Great seats right behind Hank, but $200 a pop...

Available for home opener, 11/29 vs Flyers and 12/27 vs Devils. (only ones I checked)

Capped league - Nashville prices for players, Manhattan prices for tickets

MSG is laughing all the way to the bank!

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Capped league - Nashville prices for players, Manhattan prices for tickets

MSG is laughing all the way to the bank!

Manhattan or Nashville is irrelevant. The demand is there. If the Blue Jackets or Predators had this kind of demand and the team thought their fans would pay this kind of money, they would be charging the same prices.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Manhattan or Nashville is irrelevant. The demand is there. If the Blue Jackets or Predators had this kind of demand and the team thought their fans would pay this kind of money, they would be charging the same prices.

you completely missed the point, which was that the owners are in the enviable position of having their costs capped at a level appropriate for a small market yet they can generate revenue at a level appropriate to the biggest economy in the Western Hemisphere. MSG just pockets the upside. It doesn't get much better than that when you're running a business

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
Wow with these prices I'll have no problem unloading my $56 seats. This is the first year I have tickets without a partner I was afraid I would have trouble selling.

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
pre sale is a joke .... no tickets available what so ever

took over 10 minutes for the site to search for tickets

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
you completely missed the point, which was that the owners are in the enviable position of having their costs capped at a level appropriate for a small market yet they can generate revenue at a level appropriate to the biggest economy in the Western Hemisphere. MSG just pockets the upside. It doesn't get much better than that when you're running a business

ooops, that is what happens when I read too fast

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
if you think that's a joke just wait for the general sale on friday lol

Worst I saw was the Giants play-off game against the Eagles in 2008. Went onto ticketmaster and nothing was available. However, there was PLENTY available on ticketsnow for double the price. Entire rows in the upper 300 corners and the section that I know was reserved for the opposing team.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
This will be my 3rd year as STH..1st year was the lockout,2nd was garden renovation...so I have never been to a preseason game..Maybe take the Wife this Monday ..go out to dinner and have it count as a date!

AHB*

This will be my 3rd year as STH..1st year was the lockout,2nd was garden renovation...so I have never been to a preseason game..Maybe take the Wife this Monday ..go out to dinner and have it count as a date!

Sounds like an expensive date.

AHB*

The Islanders actually think they can charge 1000/Game to sit against the glass. Wow....they are delusional.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Anyone know what a suite costs for a game?
There's a guy here who has a hook up and sells seats individually, I'm sure he can chime in. But the general answer to your question is "way too much". I wish there was a way to get some deep discounts on those (and I don't mean 20% off something that's 95% overpriced), great place for a party or family get together

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
There's a guy here who has a hook up and sells seats individually, I'm sure he can chime in. But the general answer to your question is "way too much". I wish there was a way to get some deep discounts on those (and I don't mean 20% off something that's 95% overpriced), great place for a party or family get together

I was in a suite last night at the Jets Bears game and the catering bills can be mind bogglingly high. Suffice to say that if you can't afford to cater a suite then you probably can't afford the suite anyway.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I was in a suite last night at the Jets Bears game and the catering bills can be mind bogglingly high. Suffice to say that if you can't afford to cater a suite then you probably can't afford the suite anyway.

At the Jets you get a catering credit with every suite so it's more or less included. At MSG it's extra and (I think) mandatory, definitely mandatory at Yankee Stadium. At least with the Jets you have guys dumping whole suites on stubhub and you can actually pick something up for a decent price close to the game

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

There are a few guys that get them. I know someone who does, met him through various memorabilia deals. He got a suite for about 15 games. Different prices. I am going with him for the Dallas game on 2/8. I paid ~$200. Includes food, soda, water, raffles (not sure if they are raffles from MSG or if he is bringing stuff) and a Rangers alumni comes up to hang out, take pictures, sign autographs, etc. I think for open bar or a beer package it is a lot more expensive. Have heard they price the open bar so to dissuade people from doing it. They would rather sell stuff individually then have people drinking themselves silly so they get their money's worth.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
At the Jets you get a catering credit with every suite so it's more or less included. At MSG it's extra and (I think) mandatory, definitely mandatory at Yankee Stadium. At least with the Jets you have guys dumping whole suites on stubhub and you can actually pick something up for a decent price close to the game

The price of a suite differs substantially depending on whether it's for the Jets or Giants. Giants are much, much more pricey. You'll probably see Jets suites on stubhub as long as the Giants are able to sell suites for 2-3X the price of the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad