Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Anyone sit in their new seats last night? I moved to the barstools in 223, loved them. When a guy walked in during the play in row 24, I could stand up on the footrest and see over him. Had a ledge to hold my drinks. Seats are much more comfortable. Loved the view, too.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Is it still possible to get season tickets for this year? I'd be looking for just 1 seat in the 200s somewhere. Worth giving them a call?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Is it still possible to get season tickets for this year? I'd be looking for just 1 seat in the 200s somewhere. Worth giving them a call?

Friend got a call earlier in the week saying they still had half season plans. Think they told him it was around $100 and they had row 14 of the corner 200's and I think row 5 in either 217 or 218. Don't know how much you're looking to spend but it's worth a shot.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Friend got a call earlier in the week saying they still had half season plans. Think they told him it was around $100 and they had row 14 of the corner 200's and I think row 5 in either 217 or 218. Don't know how much you're looking to spend but it's worth a shot.

Do they reserve different sections for the half season and full season plans? Did he initially say he was looking for full and they told him they only had half? Also - was he looking for just 1 seat or a couple together? 100/ticket doesn't really make sense to me considering I could get them cheaper on stubhub in the 200s cheaper than that for most games and that's including stubhub fees.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Do they reserve different sections for the half season and full season plans? Did he initially say he was looking for full and they told him they only had half? Also - was he looking for just 1 seat or a couple together? 100/ticket doesn't really make sense to me considering I could get them cheaper on stubhub in the 200s cheaper than that for most games and that's including stubhub fees.

Playoff Rights!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

He was looking for a pair and told them either half season or full season. They didn't have anything for full and told him what they had for half. The price point on the $100 was $78 for full season. You might have a better chance since you're only looking for 1 ticket.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
He was looking for a pair and told them either half season or full season. They didn't have anything for full and told him what they had for half. The price point on the $100 was $78 for full season. You might have a better chance since you're only looking for 1 ticket.

Oh I see what you're saying. So seems like the full season ones are hugely discounted compared to the half? I have the price chart and know 78 is the 200 level lower sections. Seems like the half season plan is relatively similar pricing to individual tickets.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Oh I see what you're saying. So seems like the full season ones are hugely discounted compared to the half? I have the price chart and know 78 is the 200 level lower sections. Seems like the half season plan is relatively similar pricing to individual tickets.

Half season only used to be $5 or so more than STH pricing but they jacked up the prices of both half season and mini plans this year compared to the STH pricing.

negipai98

Jul 14, 2014
Hey all. Quick question. Curious how much of a premium you think - based on past experience - people will pay for the highest value games. For example, Flyers on 11/29 or Devils on 12/27. My tix are lower corner with a STH price of $180 and I'm trying to determine what would be reasonable to expect. How about for good games (but not the peak games), i.e., a weeknight against the Islanders or Montreal?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Hey all. Quick question. Curious how much of a premium you think - based on past experience - people will pay for the highest value games. For example, Flyers on 11/29 or Devils on 12/27. My tix are lower corner with a STH price of $180 and I'm trying to determine what would be reasonable to expect. How about for good games (but not the peak games), i.e., a weeknight against the Islanders or Montreal?

Go on stubhub, check the listings, then go through the motions of posting your tickets and they will give you prices of past sales. At $180 each, even for the best games it is tough to make a profit as most people are just not willing to pay that much for a regular season game.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011

I sit in upper 200's (Row 15) and used to be in the 400's.
I have one of the cheapest price points in the building and have typically received 3X face (net) as a return for the big games.
I am attending opening night, but if I sold those this year I could do even better than that. As your price points increase, you generally don't do as well, but if you have $100 seats I am sure you can easily get double face for opening night, Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas break, etc.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011

My 2 cents would be that you could get close to $100 of profit for the three or four biggest games.
Probably around face for the good but not great games.

All bets are off this year though. It seems as though the demand for secondary market Ranger tickets is really sky high. I would imagaine you'll do better this year than you would have any season the past decade or so.
The secondary market is fickle though. Things can change quickly depending upon performance of the team. If the Knicks have a great year (not likely) that coud eat into the Rangers demand amongst the casual fan who wants a night out.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007

The problem you have is that your face is already $180. Normally those 2 games would go for about 2.5x face but for you that would be $450 a ticket which might be a little steep. The demand for tickets his year has been insane so you might get $450 a game. The others games you mentioned you should get at least half face above what you paid but again you are starting at a high price.

negipai98

Jul 14, 2014
Thanks everyone. Yeah, it's tough trying to figure it out. I can look at StubHub and see prices for games 2 or 3 months out, but that's very tough to guage since those can be aspirational prices and there won't be too much recent sale data to work with. My decision is really do I sell a little cheaper now and lock it down, or wait until near game day and potentially make more - but obviously with more risk. Classic bird in the hand versus two in the bush scenario.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The problem you have is that your face is already $180. Normally those 2 games would go for about 2.5x face but for you that would be $450 a ticket which might be a little steep. The demand for tickets his year has been insane so you might get $450 a game. The others games you mentioned you should get at least half face above what you paid but again you are starting at a high price.

The 2.5-3.0x face applies to the cheaper price points and the only time it applies to the higher price points is the Stanley Cup Finals. Those higher price points are already set above market on average. After fees even on premium games you're lucky to break even at 180 face, and you're sure to lose money on the duds. Demand is pretty high now but once the season starts it'll cool down with so many sellers until December when it'll go crazy again

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I wonder if half season plan prices were set after they made the Cup Finals. Full Season prices were set way before the end of last season.

I spoke to my rep. today and asked him this question and the answer was no. The prices were set before the playoffs. MSG would like to get rid of the mini-plans as the demand for full seasons are way up but there are a few loyal fans that prefer a mini-plan so MSG still has a limited amount. What I found surprising was when he told me that a much larger than usual amount of STHs requested extra seats on their account and many opted for another set not in the same section as their existing seats. This was almost exclusively in the upper bowl thus shutting a bunch of STHs that did their Season in the lower bowl from moving upstairs. The renewal rate was almost 100% in the upper bowl this year.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I spoke to my rep. today and asked him this question and the answer was no. The prices were set before the playoffs. MSG would like to get rid of the mini-plans as the demand for full seasons are way up but there are a few loyal fans that prefer a mini-plan so MSG still has a limited amount. What I found surprising was when he told me that a much larger than usual amount of STHs requested extra seats on their account and many opted for another set not in the same section as their existing seats. This was almost exclusively in the upper bowl thus shutting a bunch of STHs that did their Season in the lower bowl from moving upstairs. The renewal rate was almost 100% in the upper bowl this year.

take most things they tell you with a grain of salt. Why would they NOT prefer mini-plans when they can sell those for 50% above full season and give no cut to ticketmaster? No doubt though everyone upstairs renewed and wanted more

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Long time no see...

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Unless youre in the 200s, 300s or 400s youre most likely not going to make over face for big games or any games. And for the bad games like florida, carolina etc...youre gonna take losses.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00