Friedman: Rangers listening on Alexandar Georgiev

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If Bracco was really as good as Leafs fans claim, why hasn't the team moved things around to give him a shot? He's a throw-in at best, at this point, not a main piece of a trade
This is absolutely correct. I don't think any Leafs fans are putting Bracco in as a centerpiece, that's why the proposals are always Centerpiece+Bracco.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Ok, so 2nd+3rd+Bracco doesn't work? Again, Bracco is the throw in here.
Is this a fair value offer? Sure. Would i expect rangers wait until offseason thinking they can get more? I do. For me 2 3 suspect is right value from a trading for Georgiev perspective.

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
Ok, so 2nd+3rd+Bracco doesn't work? Again, Bracco is the throw in here.

As a Rangers fan, that seems pretty fair. I'd give other teams a shot to beat that offer, but it's right in line with his market value in my opinion.

Reactions: bbny

Superlative Soup

Treasured and Marveled
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan
I will never say i am always right...but we Leafs fans are constantly told what is going to happen on this site.. and we are generally pretty close with our assesments.
Muzzin-HF told us no way we get him for less than 1st+Sandin or Lil+...we pretty much said 1st+2nd=Prospect+...i think one guy called the trade bang on.

Kadri-HF told us no way we get a top 4D for him...we got Barrie and Kerfoot for Kadri and Rosen

HF was correct about Marleau needing a 1st to move.

Hf told us no way anybody takes Zaitsev's full contract.

Hf told us we'd never movd Phaneuf without massive retention

HF told us we would be paying massive amounts for Luongo including 1sts and Rielly. The Leafs walked away from 2 2nds and Scrivens

I have no hatred of Georgiev, but i doubt Dubas will be paying more than any goalie in Georgiev's situation has ever garnered. I may be wrong...i guess we will find out.
HFLeafs also told us Marleau would never take a 1st round pick to unload.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Athor

Sep 25, 2019
Engvall & Mikheyev are other names that have been thrown out there. Mikheyev supposedly off limits.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
If Bracco was really as good as Leafs fans claim, why hasn't the team moved things around to give him a shot? He's a throw-in at best, at this point, not a main piece of a trade

Not that I think Bracco holds a ton of value (probably equivalent to a 3rd), but the Leafs have among the deepest forwards in the league... who exactly would Bracco be replacing on our right side? Probably not Marner, Nylander or Kapanen

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Because no team would move Marner, Nylander or Kapanen to give Bracco a shot.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Hmmm... there were quite mutch rumours that there was some talks with Leafs and Canes.
Something changed?

It was no bait. We know Kappy Nappy likes to party.
Ya, a simple internet search would tell you that they traded Faulk, and Hamilton is hurt. So ya, something changed.

And again, no issue talking hockey, but i won't be taking your bait.

Last edited:

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
Ya, a simple internet search would tell you that they traded Faulk, and Hamilton is hurt. So ya, something changed.

And again, no issue talking hockey, but i won't be taking your bait.
Ah I forgot that trade, my bad.

But it is hockey related quite mutch.
Finnish Journalist had some info about Nappy doing nightruns and missing practices even on his AHL years.

I knew as a junior Kappy was full of himself and me first guy.
It seems still he likes set himself first.
Quite surprice if you look that transformation in ice.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Not that I think Bracco holds a ton of value (probably equivalent to a 3rd), but the Leafs have among the deepest forwards in the league... who exactly would Bracco be replacing on our right side? Probably not Marner, Nylander or Kapanen

Unless Kapanen was traded for D help... which is possible.

I think a Georgiev to Toronto trade makes a good deal of sense... I don't what the final cost would end up being though.... less than Rangers fans want, more than Leafs fans want.....

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
As a Rangers fan, that seems pretty fair. I'd give other teams a shot to beat that offer, but it's right in line with his market value in my opinion.

It's fair. I wouldn't be upset if this turned out to be the deal.

But here's the deal, and this is important. The Rangers hold some serious leverage here. They can wait if they want, and need to be convinced not to. The Leafs are under the gun, so if they want to get the Rangers to act now they would need to go from what might be considered fair, in a vacuum, to an overpay.

I think the teams that are looking for goalies outweigh the number of good goalies available, so you've also got supply and demand driving up the price here.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
It's fair. I wouldn't be upset if this turned out to be the deal.

But here's the deal, and this is important. The Rangers hold some serious leverage here. They can wait if they want, and need to be convinced not to. The Leafs are under the gun, so if they want to get the Rangers to act now they would need to go from what might be considered fair, in a vacuum, to an overpay.

I think the teams that are looking for goalies outweigh the number of good goalies available, so you've also got supply and demand driving up the price here.
Or they make a trade for Campbell or Dell or another goalie and poof....leverage gone. In fact, with the Leafs out (the team with the biggest need at the moment) the Rangers may lose value.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad