Friedman: Rangers listening on Alexandar Georgiev

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Just sayin’ Bracco not in the Marlies lineup tonight.

Bracco + 3rd for Georgiev
?

Last edited:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Obviously you are making your feelings about Geo in every thread involving the Leafs. But for some reason, all the comments of being so sure of how things will be, remind me of another poster Snowman who was VERY vocal about what it would take to acquire Trouba. Then had to eat crow once he got traded.

Now I am not saying that will happen. It could be the opposite and if/when Geo is traded, the return is not what NY fans believe he will get back. And maybe I should not have even mentioned it, but it's becoming similar.

Just an observation.
I will never say i am always right...but we Leafs fans are constantly told what is going to happen on this site.. and we are generally pretty close with our assesments.
Muzzin-HF told us no way we get him for less than 1st+Sandin or Lil+...we pretty much said 1st+2nd=Prospect+...i think one guy called the trade bang on.

Kadri-HF told us no way we get a top 4D for him...we got Barrie and Kerfoot for Kadri and Rosen

HF was correct about Marleau needing a 1st to move.

Hf told us no way anybody takes Zaitsev's full contract.

Hf told us we'd never movd Phaneuf without massive retention

HF told us we would be paying massive amounts for Luongo including 1sts and Rielly. The Leafs walked away from 2 2nds and Scrivens

I have no hatred of Georgiev, but i doubt Dubas will be paying more than any goalie in Georgiev's situation has ever garnered. I may be wrong...i guess we will find out.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I will never say i am always right...but we Leafs fans are constantly told what is going to happen on this site.. and we are generally pretty close with our assesments.
Muzzin-HF told us no way we get him for less than 1st+Sandin or Lil+...we pretty much said 1st+2nd=Prospect+...i think one guy called the trade bang on.

Kadri-HF told us no way we get a top 4D for him...we got Barrie and Kerfoot for Kadri and Rosen

HF was correct about Marleau needing a 1st to move.

Hf told us no way anybody takes Zaitsev's full contract.

Hf told us we'd never movd Phaneuf without massive retention

HF told us we would be paying massive amounts for Luongo including 1sts and Rielly. The Leafs walked away from 2 2nds and Scrivens

I have no hatred of Georgiev, but i doubt Dubas will be paying more than any goalie in Georgiev's situation has ever garnered. I may be wrong...i guess we will find out.
We all can site "XXXX told us" though because reality is, HF is not one entity with just one opinion as you know. Yes you mention lots of "wins" above, but what about Marner and Matthews contracts, etc...

But that's not the point. All I am saying is that you are very vocal when it comes to Geo and the cost vs NY fans. And if moved, likely one side says "I told you".

Of course if he gets traded to another team for what NY fans have been saying he will fetch, you both can say it...you can say "Leafs would never pay that price".

But fwiw, I would not be shocked if Dubas DOES go after him, as I mentioned before with the whole intention of moving on from Andersson and his next big contract onto a younger and cheaper one.

We shall see. Personally, I hope the Rangers get a crap return and Geo goes out West and plays well. :)

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
We all can site "XXXX told us" though because reality is, HF is not one entity with just one opinion as you know. Yes you mention lots of "wins" above, but what about Marner and Matthews contracts, etc...

But that's not the point. All I am saying is that you are very vocal when it comes to Geo and the cost vs NY fans. And if moved, likely one side says "I told you".

Of course if he gets traded to another team for what NY fans have been saying he will fetch, you both can say it...you can say "Leafs would never pay that price".

But fwiw, I would not be shocked if Dubas DOES go after him, as I mentioned before with the whole intention of moving on from Andersson and his next big contract onto a younger and cheaper one.

We shall see. Personally, I hope the Rangers get a crap return and Geo goes out West and plays well. :)
Oh i won't say Dubas isn't going after him, i absolutely believe he is. And i may be proven totally wrong and i will own it if i am, but i don't see Dubas moving Kapanen for him. 2nd+? Absolutely.

Reactions: Tripod

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just sayin’ Bracco not in the Marlies lineup tonight.

Bracco + 3rd for Georgiev
?
Kapanen for Georgiev. Straight up no frills. If you think Bracco is that great Keep him yourself to replace Kapanen. That’s the guy the Rangers want. Need another Finn for Kakko

Reactions: eco's bones

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Probably still not wanting to make the playoffs then.

You have to give to get. Georgiev is an elite young talent. We want the same back just one that plays a different position
Elite?? What?! I’ve heard it all now. I am a Bruins fan so I’m not taking sides in this, but saying Georgiev is an elite young talent is absolutely comical. He’s an average goalie who MAY become a starter in the league but more than likely will be a guy who can split duties with a similar talent. Elite to me means the guy is in the top 5 at his position. Even for young guys there are easily 5 better than him, hell one of them is on the same team! Ask most people and they would rather have Hart, Samsonov, Shesterkin, Sorokin, Vasilevskiy is only 25, Jarry, Binnington, Kuemper, Gibson, Hellebuyck, Demko...so a lot more than 5. Point being, your post won’t be taken seriously when you throw the word elite around for Georgiev.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't want Bracco. I'd rather take a 2nd and 3rd. I just don't see Bracco ever having a place with us.

Reactions: BHD

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I don't want Bracco. I'd rather take a 2nd and 3rd. I just don't see Bracco ever having a place with us.
Bracco is literally a long shot prospect, the type that gets included in trades all of the time. 2nd+3rd works for me though. I could also see 2nd+Bracco+4th/5th.

Reactions: BHD

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Pass on Bracco if I’m Rangers. The Rangers should be honing in on quality - not quality - at this point.
Again, i suggest people look past the name. Take a look at trades of the past, long shot prospects like Bracco are always tossed in. Bracco isn't the centerpiece in any deal...he's just one of the toss ins. So again, forget the name and look at it as centerpiece+B prospect...the same as almost every other trade like this. Like the Muzzin deal...1st+prospect (Grundy)+longshot throw in (Durzi). Durzi is the Bracco here.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
If Bracco was really as good as Leafs fans claim, why hasn't the team moved things around to give him a shot? He's a throw-in at best, at this point, not a main piece of a trade

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad