Friedman: Rangers listening on Alexandar Georgiev

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone else glad the georgiev to leafs rumors are gonna be gone.

"Not sure Kapanen + gets it's done"
-Dreger

hallelujah
Honestly I never understood why Georgiev was getting all this hype to start with, at least from TSN and Sportsnet. Was it that 55 save win he had against Toronto last season? Maybe some Rangers fans can answer this but did he have any other similar games like the one I just referenced?

Reactions: RangersFan1994

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Honestly I never understood why Georgiev was getting all this hype to start with, at least from TSN and Sportsnet. Was it that 55 save win he had against Toronto last season? Maybe some Rangers fans can answer this but did he have any other similar games like the one I just referenced?
He’s a good goalie and young and cost controlled for three more seasons after this one.

Reactions: haveandare and bl02

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Its because his many standout performances largely outnumber few poor performances.

Place that on top of his young age, cost controlled status and how important and reliable he has become to the Rangers.

Rangers are a very poor team defensively so the amount of work which Georgiev has taken on so his although he has a lot of standout performances, his stats are not as great as his performances. This is where the stat watchers try to chip in with their 2 cents instead of actually watching Georgiev play.

Unless its against there own team of course.

Last edited:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Thank god we dont have to hear any more of the Leafs fans trying to flog Kapanen, Johnsson, Bracco, Ceci or Hutchison in a deal for Georgiev.
Not to be a debbie downer here, but Leafs fans weren't flogging Kapanen or Johnsson for Georgiev.

Reactions: Lays

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Its because his many standout performances largely outnumber few poor performances.

Place that on top of his young age, cost controlled status and how important and reliable he has become to the Rangers.

Rangers are a very poor team defensively so the amount of work which Georgiev has taken on so his although he has a lot of standout performances, his stats are not as great as his performances. This is where the stat watchers try to chip in with their 2 cents instead of actually watching Georgiev play.

Unless its against there own team of course.

The issue is Hank. He has had a great career, but its time to move on. Either retire gracefully, or accept a trade.
As a Ranger fan, I want to keep Georgiev. Together with Shesterkin, they could be the best 1A-B in the NHL.
Why move him for garbage?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
The issue is Hank. He has had a great career, but its time to move on. Either retire gracefully, or accept a trade.
As a Ranger fan, I want to keep Georgiev. Together with Shesterkin, they could be the best 1A-B in the NHL.
Why move him for garbage?

I totally agree. maybe they are trying to secretly tell Hank to go chase a Cup. doubt anyone trades for him even with 50% retained although some team might if they have to dump a decent contract on the Rangers depending on who that player is.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I totally agree. maybe they are trying to secretly tell Hank to go chase a Cup. doubt anyone trades for him even with 50% retained although some team might if they have to dump a decent contract on the Rangers depending on who that player is.

I feel like management is trying to put the roster decision and Hank in a situation like George in Seinfeld where he doesn't want to be the one to break up with his GF so does everything he can to try to get her to break up with him so he doesn't feel bad but it keeps working against him.

Maybe the Rangers are trying to put Hank in this spot like "look we can't move Georgiev and we're going to have to trade Kreider and a bunch of other guys to fit your salary next year...don't you feel bad.. don't you love this franchise more than yourself?"

Reactions: The S5

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I feel like management is trying to put the roster decision and Hank in a situation like George in Seinfeld where he doesn't want to be the one to break up with his GF so does everything he can to try to get her to break up with him so he doesn't feel bad but it keeps working against him.

Maybe the Rangers are trying to put Hank in this spot like "look we can't move Georgiev and we're going to have to trade Kreider and a bunch of other guys to fit your salary next year...don't you feel bad.. don't you love this franchise more than yourself?"

Hilarious how everything is relatable to a Seinfeld episode!
Giants did it to Eli and he has two SB rings and MVP's. Rangers can absolutely ask Hank to step aside or take a trade.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Where does one find info on whether or not an RFA is arbitration eligible, or offersheet eligible for the next contract? Don't think I see anything like that on CapFriendly. What does a 2 year bridge deal look like for Georgiev?

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020

The best options for this is either Avs or Jackets with cap space.. I would love to see Hank chase a cup, he deserves it. Would also love to see that 50% of his 8.5m cap hit open.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020
Where does one find info on whether or not an RFA is arbitration eligible, or offersheet eligible for the next contract? Don't think I see anything like that on CapFriendly. What does a 2 year bridge deal look like for Georgiev?

I don't think it would be over 3m/yr. He isn't going to get big numbers yet. Don't forget how much we are all throwing the word "potential" around. That's all it is right now and has been off to a great start

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020
Umm... maybe take a look at your username, and most likely trades the Rangers will be doing?

We don't have room for Kapanen is the real issue. Great contract for the player, but Rangers don't have RW slots on our top 2 lines for him.. If we didnt have the RW we do then I'd jump on it for sure.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
So we'd be trading Kreider to make room for a much worse Kapanen. Gotcha.
No, you'd be trading Kreider for a really good return due to not wanting to sign him for 6-7 million...and then bringing in 24 year old Kapanen at 3.2 million. No Kapanen is not as good as Kreider...but you aren't keeping Kreider anyways.

So it's essentially Kreider for Kapanen+assets from Kreider trade+ cap space saved.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

How many times does it need to be explained that the price for Georgiev was based on what it would take for us to move him, not what others thought he was realistically worth?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad