Friedman: Rangers listening on Alexandar Georgiev

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
Point is, there are more than 31 good goalies in the world. If a team can't easily find one or develop one, that's on their scouts and coaches. Overpaying for one just covers up that problem while creating even more problems.
There's a difference between overpaying and paying what something is worth. The value of a given player is determined by many factors. Georgiev is a guy that has proved he can stop more pucks than a number of NHL goalies. I feel you are undervaluing him, that's all.

And there's nothing easy about finding and developing talented professional athletes. When people make statements like yours I always want to ask what they do for a living so I can come up with an appropriate analogy to help them understand the reality of the situation versus the outside perspective of an uninformed fan.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Just to clarify, Andersen doesn’t require protection for the expansion draft, as far as I know. Is that correct?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Probably still not wanting to make the playoffs then.

You have to give to get. Georgiev is an elite young talent. We want the same back just one that plays a different position
Ya...still don't want to make it like before...when they didn't want to make it.

Georgiev is not elite, not many players are. And there are teams you should be calling before Toronto...teams that need a starter. Wings, Canes, Sabres....go get top dollar from them.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Ya...still don't want to make it like before...when they didn't want to make it.

Georgiev is not elite, not many players are. And there are teams you should be calling before Toronto...teams that need a starter. Wings, Canes, Sabres....go get top dollar from them.

I'd reckon that if you miss the playoffs for having hitched your wagon to Michael Hutchinson instead of acquiring someone capable of carrying a significant load whilst Andersen is out, you'll have one heck of a media apocalypse to deal with. Not our problem, really. The price is what it is - how much is that sweet, sweet playoff revenue worth to ya? Doubly so since it might come with a side of not playing the Bruins.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I'd reckon that if you miss the playoffs for having hitched your wagon to Michael Hutchinson instead of acquiring someone capable of carrying a significant load whilst Andersen is out, you'll have one heck of a media apocalypse to deal with. Not our problem, really. The price is what it is - how much is that sweet, sweet playoff revenue worth to ya? Doubly so since it might come with a side of not playing the Bruins.
Playoff revenue? You think MLSE is worried about money? They buy draft picks by taking on uninsured contracts like Horton's.

And i get the price is what it is....that's why Georgiev is still a Ranger...because no GM is paying it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I would expect the value for Georgiev to be around a 2nd + 3rd or equivalent prospects.

That’s essentially what Grubauer and Talbot got when they were traded. You can argue both were more established that Georgiev is.

It’s interesting he isn’t starting against the Leafs tomorrow, considering he’s Jesus against us. Though his last outing against us wasn’t great

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Why are the Leafs the only team being talked about in here? I will admit Georgiev is good...why are fans of teams like the Canes/Sabres and Wings in here? Honest question...those teams could all use a starter.

NateB19

Feb 25, 2016
I would expect the value for Georgiev to be around a 2nd + 3rd or equivalent prospects.

That’s essentially what Grubauer and Talbot got when they were traded. You can argue both were more established that Georgiev is.

It’s interesting he isn’t starting against the Leafs tomorrow, considering he’s Jesus against us. Though his last outing against us wasn’t great
Start thinking Martin Jones trade.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Playoff revenue? You think MLSE is worried about money? They buy draft picks by taking on uninsured contracts like Horton's.

And i get the price is what it is....that's why Georgiev is still a Ranger...because no GM is paying it.

You are entitled to your opinion, but lets not pretend that Dubas doesn't have some history of over paying.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You are entitled to your opinion, but lets not pretend that Dubas doesn't have some history of over paying.
What trade has he overpaid on? Go back and read the Muzzin threads...wd were being told no way we get him without Lil or Sandin+1st. The Kadri-Barrie/Kerfoot deal aasn't overpayment. The 1st with Marleau had to be done to sign Marner...the Zaitsev deal unloaded 5 years if contract for 1 year of Ceci.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sorry, let me rephrase, They traded Clarkson for Horton because cap space means more to them than cash.
Obviously you are making your feelings about Geo in every thread involving the Leafs. But for some reason, all the comments of being so sure of how things will be, remind me of another poster Snowman who was VERY vocal about what it would take to acquire Trouba. Then had to eat crow once he got traded.

Now I am not saying that will happen. It could be the opposite and if/when Geo is traded, the return is not what NY fans believe he will get back. And maybe I should not have even mentioned it, but it's becoming similar.

Just an observation.

But if Geo gets traded, it's likely one side or the other will be saying "I told you so".

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Jeremy Bracco scratched today.

giphy.gif

Reactions: LeafGrief

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Don't expect much for Georgiev, at least not from Toronto. A 2nd and maybe a guy who can effectively play on the bottom 6 because we don't have anyone who can do that.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
What trade has he overpaid on? Go back and read the Muzzin threads...wd were being told no way we get him without Lil or Sandin+1st. The Kadri-Barrie/Kerfoot deal aasn't overpayment. The 1st with Marleau had to be done to sign Marner...the Zaitsev deal unloaded 5 years if contract for 1 year of Ceci.

Didn't mention overpaying on a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad