Rumor: Rangers, Islanders and Devils aggressively seeking Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Trading Howden would be unbelievably stupid. He's going to be a stud, 3rd line center. The kind of guy that scores clutch in the playoffs. Rangers should pass on this greedy clown. Go hard after Panarin who can help develop forwards like Kravtsov and Kakko.

Reactions: ericmgomes

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Over his career he has averaged a 35.9 point scoring pace over 82 games, and taking out his best and worst seasons actually increases his scoring pace out to 36.1 points per season
Sure, over 82 games which he's only managed to do once. It's hard to see using 82 games to come up with an average when his actual average in games played over 6 years is only 68?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Maybe Stone saw the right situation in Vegas, Maybe Trouba is more pickier where he goes. But delusional Jet fan need to give up this notion that they're getting a bundle for Trouba. Don't see that happening.

Maybe Trouba sees the right situation somewhere else. Maybe he's not pickier.

You don't know. No matter how hard you follow people on instagram.

Reactions: hn777 and Snowman

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Maybe Stone saw the right situation in Vegas, Maybe Trouba is more pickier where he goes. But delusional Jet fan need to give up this notion that they're getting a bundle for Trouba. Don't see that happening.
Just as easily say delusional Red Wings fans can give up the notion that regardless where Trouba is traded to in the next week or so that he will play out a one year deal so he can get to UFA to go to Detroit.

Reactions: hn777 and Snowman

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just as easily say delusional Red Wings fans can give up the notion that regardless where Trouba is traded to in the next week or so that he will play out a one year deal so he can get to UFA to go to Detroit.

Seems like Trouba has been planning on hitting UFA as soon as he could for a while now. No matter where he gets traded to, why would he re-sign when UFA is right around the corner and as a premium RHD... he's going to get paid.

At this point, I would say the odds of Trouba signing with Detroit a year from now are better than him remaining in Winnipeg.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Trouba ends up with the Rangers and they offer him a solid long term deal to be their top RD for the foreseeable future, he would have a very tough time saying "nah, I'll just wait and hope I get a good offer next year".

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
If Trouba ends up with the Rangers and they offer him a solid long term deal to be their top RD for the foreseeable future, he would have a very tough time saying "nah, I'll just wait and hope I get a good offer next year".

Or he could just as likely decide to wait until UFA to hear other offers and probably get an even better offer from the Rangers if he decides to stay.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
I think he's a bit overrated. Yeah, he's a minute eater. Yeah he has some good offensive instincts. Yeah, he has some size. I think he turns the puck over a bit much for how much praise he gets. Admittedly I don't watch WPG religiously of course, but when I do he seems to have some brain farts for sure.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Seems like Trouba has been planning on hitting UFA as soon as he could for a while now. No matter where he gets traded to, why would he re-sign when UFA is right around the corner and as a premium RHD... he's going to get paid.

At this point, I would say the odds of Trouba signing with Detroit a year from now are better than him remaining in Winnipeg.
Fair but maybe he has locations in mind (most likely more than one would be suitable destinations for him) and does not want to risk an injury in the last year before UFA and instead helps orchestrate a trade to one of the preferred destinations.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Fair but maybe he has locations in mind (most likely more than one would be suitable destinations for him) and does not want to risk an injury in the last year before UFA and instead helps orchestrate a trade to one of the preferred destinations.

Obviously none of us know what his ultimate plan is and how things will play out. It's impossible to say this won't happen or this will happen, only that they are realistic possibilities.

The whole fear of injury narrative seems more myth than reality, it didn't stop Panarin, Duchene, Hayes, etc. from hitting the open market this past season. The prime guys are going to get paid no matter what.

I won't discount the scenario where he orchestrates something though. I saw first hand what a disingenuous snake can do when he sets his mind to it.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Still hope we can convince him to stay but if he's moved I guess it's better if there's a bidding war
Also Trouba seems to be getting underrated in this thread, not sure why

Reactions: Snowman

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Trading Howden would be unbelievably stupid. He's going to be a stud, 3rd line center. The kind of guy that scores clutch in the playoffs. Rangers should pass on this greedy clown. Go hard after Panarin who can help develop forwards like Kravtsov and Kakko.
Trading a potential third line center for a young top pairing D would be incredibly stupid? For which team?

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Don't like the sounds of this for the Rangers at all. He's going to cost more than he's worth twice - once to acquire and again to sign.

It's the duo that does it for me, too. Giving up a lot, paying a lot. I know we need a top RD and we (most likely) do not (yet) have that in our system. I also know I'm wearing... brown-colored glasses? Because we're always "in" on big names and so many haven't worked out that we're just all so thrilled to see them building a different way. So in that sense there's almost a bit of an over-compensation to go against the idea. But I'm still against it. At least for what I expect the cost would be in a trade. Please JD, don't make a "splash" move just to appease Dolan and his ruinous fantasies (I'm so happy his main toy is NBA).

I want Trouba. He really does help our D in a big way, we need that kind of guy. We also need another top center if we don't get Hughes. But moving out potential top prospects, a proven roster player like Skjei, Buch etc. AND a 1st (suggesting our own in this draft is laughable, though) or more? I'd much rather see what we've got, move some guys out, get some young guys in and then go from there.

I know guys like Trouba aren't available every year but this just isn't the year for us to be doing that kind of deal. Chasing Panarin? Sure. Moving out developing assets, our current position of strength, no. Not yet.

Reactions: haveandare

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
I dont want Rangers to part with pieces of our rebuild for a 1 year rental.

Extended trouba is another thing

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
*sees absolutely f***ing MASSIVE contract EK signed to kill my dream of him playing with the Lightning*

Feelsbadman.jpg

*Gets idea about Trouba*

Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad