Rumor: Rangers, Islanders and Devils aggressively seeking Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006
I Don’t get it. You have Kirk, tony d, Fox and Pionk on the right side. To bring in Jacob you need to get rid of two and you just got one and one is untradeable lol. I wouldn’t give up on tony d yet. Doubt this happens.

Reactions: WhoTagz and slg1963

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006
This, and one of them could be going the other way too. Most likely.

Not saying otherwise. Would include tony is a trade for him with my eyes closed. What I’m getting at is what’s the sweetener and for a team at this stage in the build is it better to just keep Tony and the assets and keep doing what you’re doing? I’d rather pursue something like this next summer when the team is really making the turn to being good again.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Absolutely no way should NYR trade away what Brooks is suggesting. We are still rebuilding and futures as well as young core players are deteremental to this.

Trouba is too expensive and we need forwards more than defenders just now.
You mean 20th overall, Nils Lundkvist, and Buchnevich? That’s peanuts.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Why? They’re gonna be bottom feeders for the foreseeable future.
Everyone says this all the time about teams despite so many examples of teams turning things around in short order. All it takes is a couple good trades/signings, a few prospects developing well, and suddenly teams are on the upswing.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Hell no to NYI. We have Pulock, Mayfield, Boychuk on the right side now with Dobson, Wilde etc. waiting in the wings. There's not a chance in hell I'd move Dobson for Trouba and then have to extend Trouba immediately for the 7.5 mil plus for 7 years or so. I hope this is just Brooks being typical hack Brooks to get the price up for NYR/NJ

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
Only on HF would Rangers fans not want a 25-year old top-pair right-handed defenseman who put up 50 points last season on a playoff team because we need to see what we have with Tony Deangelo (okay, fair) and Neal Pionk, and we are still "rebuilding." We should probably trade Mika Zibanejad too, and not go after Artemi Panarin because "rebuild."

The Rangers should definitely be ready to compete by 2028. By then we will definitely have acquired enough draft picks.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Only on HF would Rangers fans not want a 25-year old top-pair right-handed defenseman who put up 50 points last season on a playoff team because we need to see what we have with Tony Deangelo (okay, fair) and Neal Pionk, and we are still "rebuilding." We should probably trade Mika Zibanejad too, and not go after Artemi Panarin because "rebuild."

The Rangers should definitely be ready to compete by 2028. By then we will definitely have acquired enough draft picks.
I just don't like the idea of trading for Fox then blocking him in the lineup. They should have already cleared out Shatty or Pionk if this was their plan. Otherwise it seems scattered and disorganized.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I just don't like the idea of trading for Fox then blocking him in the lineup. They should have already cleared out Shatty or Pionk if this was their plan. Otherwise it seems scattered and disorganized.

How is it blocking Fox? He’s not gonna be a 1 RD to start

Shattenkirk is going to be dealt if Trouba is acquired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad