Rumor: Rangers, Islanders and Devils aggressively seeking Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
And why would he do that? When he can get far more as a UFA next summer.

I would think a combination of not wanting to spend another year in Winnipeg and not wanting to risk injury next year before getting a big contract. Taking less now on a long term contract vs. becoming a UFA next year is the cost of insuring he will get paid in the event of injury or something else that would hurt his value between now and then (like a down year production wise).

Reactions: egelband

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Trouba's good. But he's not a 1st round pick+ better than DeAngelo

Except he really is. Especially coming with an extension.

DeAngelo actually might be more offensively gifted than Trouba, however he needs some work in his own zone. Trouba is far more capable as a complete defenseman. A 1st and DeAngelo isn't even a starting offer if Trouba didn't actually want to leave Winnipeg. He's forcing their hand, which is why he will be discounted as it is.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Everything I've read here suggests there is good potential for a Trouba deal with the NYR. You've got a good base of players and prospects to work with, but a top RHD like Trouba accelerates your timeline to be competitive immensely. Have no doubt, if Wpg could hold onto him, we would have and would still do it, but Trouba has a different agenda.
Now it may come down to a sign and deal, or Wpg may allow NYR to discuss prospects of signing with his agent, or not. But from all I've seen, it will come down to Wpg wanting from some team a 1st, prospect & youngish player. Buchnevich, 20OA, and Lundvist/Miller fits the bill

No, just no.

The thing to remember here is no one is trading for Trouba with out an extension in place so he essentially will get to pick his spot which limits the market for him to some extent. I don't think his realistic market is nearly as crowded as Jets fans hope it is. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it were only 3 teams (Detroit, Tampa, Florida.)

Taking that into consideration, his return is probably something along the lines of what Stone returned at the deadline, Not a quality roster player, a 1st and an A prospect.

Reactions: haveandare

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Trouba currently holds very little trade value, hes a rental. Jets should use Ehlers to acquire what they need, he holds much more value

Severeeeeee overpayment from Rangers

Jesus.....I don't think people get that Trouba is a rental at this point.

I hope you're all assuming a sign and trade

That's more than fair For Trouba

You said Ghost>Rielly, why should anyone have any faith in your ability to evaluate defensemen?

Crazed Fan

Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg
I don’t want to be that guy, but why are you on Twitter following the girlfriend of a hockey player that doesn’t even play for your team?

Jets fans know the answers as we have been on this road for years. Proceed with caution. It is a remarkable and dedicated outlook. I like Trouba too.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
i dont rly see the fit with any of these teams. nyi and nyr need forwards more, nj needs LHD more. detroit on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad