Rumor: Rangers, Islanders and Devils aggressively seeking Trouba

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
We all get Jets wanna hold on to him as long as possible and no begrudges that.

They have to recognize he includes Wini in long term plans or not, and if not, what is plan B.

It is also stupid to think the Rangers or anyone else has a certain ability to lock him up when his term is finished. Better than average chances, maybe, but there is no given.
At this pt the teams in FL have the best chances.

So here is my offer:
Howden for Trouba straight up as is.

Howden is relatively local [Calgary], w/2 yrs elc left. Makes squad competing bottom 6 pivot, no challenge to Schieffle but I could see competing for 2C.
He helps immediately and is still cheap.

Rangers take the risk of what to do if Trouba won't extend.
They should flip him to FL for 13OA this year as down payment, and then conditional if and only if Trouba extends, then another 1st OR 2 2nds for something like that.
Gives NY something for now to build on, and fair value if he eventually extends.

thoughts?

Winnipeg and Calgary are literally nowhere near each other. It'd be like saying "hey, you know what two cities are close? Nashville and Salt Lake. Also, Brett Howden doesn't even crack your Rangers lineups and suddenly he's worth Trouba?

Reactions: Snowman

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
so WPG option is to FLA for the 13th + conditional 1st or two 2nds. or to NYR for Brett Howden by himself? I think id take the FLA deal.

btw pretty sure Howden is from Oakbank which is just outside Winnipeg

Yeah one of you guys said he was local kid, but I checked and CapFriendly indicated what I said.

As to the deal, the pick may be slightly more but it is a crapshoot, could be better/worse, and if you take the pick, you likely have to wait 2ish yrs for him to be NHL ready.

I expect the final deal may be more than that.
Something like, if Rangers trade Georgiev, can we help them on cap space w.their starter, who we can bury in A while Benny Allaire checks him out.
I just did Trouba for picks to simplify it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Winnipeg and Calgary are literally nowhere near each other. It'd be like saying "hey, you know what two cities are close? Nashville and Salt Lake. Also, Brett Howden doesn't even crack your Rangers lineups and suddenly he's worth Trouba?
Howden got adequate mins considering rookie status and fact NYR had huge # of Fs all looking for mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad