Prospect Info: Prospects and Marlies Thread: Marlies Calder Cup Champions Edition - Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Man, SDA. Not scoring as much as one would hope from a D+1 (yet), and worst +/- on his team to pile it on. What on earth happened -- he looked so good in camp.
I still don't get why he was given an ELC by Dubas.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Given the way Babcock worked with Reilly I am expecting a longer curve with Liljegren and dont forget some guys look better in the NHL because of who they can now utilize their elite skills. He has those but needs to learn defense and that takes time. I still think he can replace Gardiner down the line and that he is top 4 potential but not for 2 to 3 years. We will lose something this time in the expansion draft and Dmen seem to be the prey.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Given the way Babcock worked with Reilly I am expecting a longer curve with Liljegren and dont forget some guys look better in the NHL because of who they can now utilize their elite skills. He has those but needs to learn defense and that takes time. I still think he can replace Gardiner down the line and that he is top 4 potential but not for 2 to 3 years. We will lose something this time in the expansion draft and Dmen seem to be the prey.
Dermott is going to take the Gardiner spot. Liljegren is a righty, so the hope is he can play there soon, as he isn't really challenged by anyone with that spot.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I envy how exciting the world around you must seem.

The prime specialization of Dubas’ two AGMs is contract/salary management. It’s reasonable speculation to suggest there was perhaps more motivation behind the ELC than just him having a decent camp

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
The prime specialization of Dubas’ two AGMs is contract/salary management. It’s reasonable speculation to suggest there was perhaps more motivation behind the ELC than just him having a decent camp

Apologies, I had assumed you meant some kind of “old boys club” narrative, my bad.

My assumption was they saw a high potential player that was even better than that thought after seeing him in camp, and they wanted to stop him from going back to Russia with an ELC. Probably what you had in mind as well.

Reactions: Menzinger

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Liljegren with another assist so far in today's game. Too bad he's 8 years away still.

Grundstrom with another goal and assist so far. (7 points in 5 games so far)

3-1 Marlies after 2.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Three Stars:
1-T Moore (2G)
2-Marchment (1A)
3-Grundstrom (1G1A)

Marchment must have had a good game.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Ian Scott saves 32 of 34 to move to 10-1-1 on the season with a .942 sv%

He's going to get an ELC soon. He's the guy who has earned it the most out of anyone so far, and there was a good chance he was going to get one anyways since the Marlies need a goalie for next year (and I think Woll finishes his degree). Durzi and Hollowell likely next, but they are going to need to show more consistency.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Ideally we can run a Liljgren - Sandin pairing maybe in 2020/21 season.

Rielly - xxxxxx
Dermott - Ozhiganov
Sandin - Liljgren

We would need to find a top 4 RHD. Doesn't need to be top pairing material just better than Hainsey. This lineup would be pretty good imo - very cheap also which would be very helpful.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I had high hopes for Scott. Good Goalie , bad team.

I see the tense of the verbs in your post but just a note about Scott’s team this season. PA is 12 - 1 in 13 games and leads the East Division of the WHL. One of the reasons for this record is doubtless good goaltending!

WHL Network

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
He looked good paying against men and he was under 18, so I think that gives him an extra year of sliding eligibility.

Looking good playing against men is the only part that matters. Some perceived hack/anomaly in his contract situation shouldn't play any part in signing him to a contract. This stuff including the oversampling of late birthday and 3rd year draft eligibility draft picks is over thinking the draft IMO.

daethfromabove1979

Jun 20, 2006
Looking forward to seeing how Gordeev fairs once he leaves Flint, they are 0-10 to start the season. Can’t be great for his development being on such a bad team.

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Anyone else think if after maybe 20 more games pass and neither Johnsson or Ennis solidify that fourth line winger spot maybe we give Trevor Moore or Mason Marchment a shot? Both have looked good in the handful of games they’ve played this season.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Anyone else think if after maybe 20 more games pass and neither Johnsson or Ennis solidify that fourth line winger spot maybe we give Trevor Moore or Mason Marchment a shot? Both have looked good in the handful of games they’ve played this season.
Yes,I like Andreas,but doesn't seem to be as quick as when he got the call up last season. Moore is a hustler with some talent and I was waiting for March to get a look in camp for some added sandpaper!

Reactions: Dude Wheres Makar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad