Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Sun, May 5 | @ Was | 1:30pm ET/10:30am PT | Manoah vs Gore

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Dodgers series probables

Friday: 7pm ET/4pm PT - Gavin Stone (1-1, 6.00 ERA) vs Chris Bassitt (2-3, 3.90 ERA)
Saturday: 3pm ET/12pm PT - Tyler Glasnow (4-1, 2.92 ERA) vs Yusei Kikuchi (2-1, 2.28 ERA)
Sunday: 1:30pm ET/10:30am PT - TBD vs Kevin Gausman (0-3, 5.57 ERA)

Monday the Royals visit Toronto for a 3-game set.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
The play of the Bisons, whom have scored twice as many runs as the Jays have so far once total games are considered, will likely force the kind of moves you don't normally see a team do until the trade deadline. There is simply little reason to have three light hitting utility infielders on your team when you have guys like Barger and Martinez crushing it, and why bother with a left handed 1B that never plays when you can replace that guy with a left handed 1B pushing 500 OBP for half the price? He may not play as much either, but you're saving a million bucks and he can gain some experience before Turner inevitably departs next season.

Now I don't think Martinez has had enough sustained success to say he's truly ready for the bigs, gotta see him keep it up for a fully season, doubly so for Robertson, but when it comes time to make the decision and guys like Martinez are blocked by Falefa, Clement, and Biggo...yeah, I highly doubt any team would favour the featherweights. Especially considering the Jays problems right now. The gold glover who can play 3rd and SS, maybe, but not the other two.

If the Jays do that, then I withdraw my claim there is a 75% chance this team will just barely stay above 500. These moves would actually address their weaknesses whereas last off season they didn't address them at all.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
LOL, they showed on sportsnet a clip of the Royals grounds crew hosing down the field 10 minutes after the game was called yesterday.

I guess it didn't rain enough?

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
There is levels to this and the Jays are not even close.

Also payrolls.

1714175738877.png

Reactions: WhyYouHaveToBeMad

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Ohtani's salary is 2 million.
I don't care if his salary was 1 dollar. Dodgers draft well and they have twice the talent our team has for a couple million dollars more.

Our GM cannot build a solid all around team. He literally blew it up after 2021.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Let Bassitt pitch 6-7 innings who cares. Takes the loss we can’t kill the bullpen is a game that’s already over

Reactions: GreytWun

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I don't care if his salary was 1 dollar. Dodgers draft well and they have twice the talent our team has for a couple million dollars more.

Our GM cannot build a solid all around team. He literally blew it up after 2021.
You don't get it. Dodgers deferred a majority of his salary. Comparing the two teams' payroll is a stupid argument. Their actual payroll is probably over 80 million more than the Jays.

Making an argument that the Jays need to be better is a more sensible one.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Maybe they’ll get outscored 30-5 in the series and Atkins will finally get fired

Reactions: GreytWun

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Well lets not compare payrolls when these guys defer so much money to a number of players.

Sorry don't buy the excuses. Any team can do the same thing the Dodgers do.

You don't get it. Dodgers deferred a majority of his salary. Comparing the two teams' payroll is a stupid argument. Their actual payroll is probably over 80 million more than the Jays.

Making an argument that the Jays need to be better is a more sensible one.

I do get it quite well. I only see excuses being made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad