Friedman: Preds only untouchables are Josi, Ellis and Rinne

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I pulled it from his last 82 season regular-season games. He used to be a guy who drove the play, shot the puck, hit guys. Now he's not. Maybe He'll rediscover his game. I don't think he will. He's a perimeter set up guy.

Still way off. He had 36 in 68 last season, 4 pts in 11 or 12 games this season at the time you posted. And he is without question a set-up guy now, but he isn't a perimeter player. I don't think you've watched him very much, if at all. You're not even doing a very good job stat watching...

Also, he's hit more often or at least as much in Nashville as he did in Columbus, at least up until last year. Not that it's an especially meaningful stat.

Oops yep, not sure what I was doing the other day: 40 in his last 82. I'm not sure how much that helps his case, other than making me look dumb. As for his hits, he's also dropped to 48 in his last 82. These numbers a far cry from previous years where he was consistently over a hit per game. Others are obviously not worried that he has completely stopped shooting the puck.

This is a huge red flag for me, and it's not for others. It's not a matter of stat watching, it's a matter of confirming he is no longer a high-event player. I think the writing is on the wall for how our respective takes will age.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Oops yep, not sure what I was doing the other day: 40 in his last 82. I'm not sure how much that helps his case, other than making me look dumb. As for his hits, he's also dropped to 48 in his last 82. These numbers a far cry from previous years where he was consistently over a hit per game. Others are obviously not worried that he has completely stopped shooting the puck.

This is a huge red flag for me, and it's not for others. It's not a matter of stat watching, it's a matter of confirming he is no longer a high-event player. I think the writing is on the wall for how our respective takes will age.
Eh he's also been hurt for a good chunk of this season and Arvy was pretty much useless last season after he was injured which is going to hurt him. Add in the fact Hynes can't keep the same players in the same spot for more than 3-4 minutes the guys just have zero time to build any kind of chemistry.

That said you don't get him for the regular season, he's a playoff guy. Dude comes alive when it hits the playoffs. Despite the way our playoffs have gone the last couple of years we can't really complain about his play in them. Even last season he was good in them.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
yea it’s just a respect thing ... if colorado comes calling Rinne will go

carolina a good fit too
If Rinne himself wants to go then Poile will trade him wherever he wants to go. It's our understanding though that Poile has already breached that subject with Pekka and he has no desire to leave. He is basically in the same position that Mike Fisher was in a couple of years ago where Poile publicly stated that as long as Fisher wanted to play Poile would give him a contract.

Reactions: Husqvarna

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
I feel bad for Nashville fans. They were so close for a few years. That team was always great in the west and just couldn’t get over the hump.

Also, I wonder what Duchene is thinking. Not saying it’s the same circumstance but if remember correctly, this is the wording that pissed him off in Colorado. Then it was “only untouchables are Mackinnon and Rantanen” by Sakic.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

TK

Feb 26, 2019

I don't have any take, other than correcting all of your misinformation. By the way, it also wasn't 40 in 82 at the time you posted, it was 41 (or 42 if he had only played 11 games this season at that point) First he had been declining "for a few years", according to you, now it's his last 82 games...

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
enhhhh.... Might want to put a hold on the Preds fire sale. They are closing in on .500 and them might be gelling a 1st line.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
We only play Columbus twice more this season though, so not sure it lasts.

I still have no flipping idea what this team is but Forsberg with Tolvanen are looking good.

EDIT: still, they are in the dreaded middle. AND they haven't beat anyone of matter.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
enhhhh.... Might want to put a hold on the Preds fire sale. They are closing in on .500 and them might be gelling a 1st line.

Half our wins are against Columbus and 4 of our other 5 wins are against Detroit and Chicago. Our next 11 games are against Carolina, Dallas, Tampa and Florida.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Did we go back in time? Rinne untouchable? right now wouldn't it be Saros? And Askarov in the future

Are people seriously this daft? I've seen similar comments so many times in this thread. "Untouchable" means he will not be traded. Rinne won't be traded. Because he has a NMC/NTC , has spent his entire career in Nashville, he isn't worth much in a trade and everyone loves him. Not because he's incredibly important to future success. It's very simple.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Are people seriously this daft? I've seen similar comments so many times in this thread. "Untouchable" means he will not be traded. Rinne won't be traded. Because he has a NMC, has spent his entire career in Nashville, he isn't worth much in a trade and everyone loves him. Not because he's incredibly important to future success. It's very simple.
I get that asking people to read 19 pages of posts before replying is a big ask, but we could have cut that down by at least a good 4-6 pages if we didn't have to continuously rehash "lulz, Rinne untouchable."

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I don't have any take, other than correcting all of your misinformation. By the way, it also wasn't 40 in 82 at the time you posted, it was 41 (or 42 if he had only played 11 games this season at that point) First he had been declining "for a few years", according to you, now it's his last 82 games...

Yes, many years. His scoring, shooting, and hitting have declined. I would think just looking at his career is enough but here we are, so I gave a shorter horizon as well. Guess we will see what the future holds. If you're happy with what he's doing you're happy.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Are people seriously this daft? I've seen similar comments so many times in this thread. "Untouchable" means he will not be traded. Rinne won't be traded. Because he has a NMC/NTC , has spent his entire career in Nashville, he isn't worth much in a trade and everyone loves him. Not because he's incredibly important to future success. It's very simple.
okay I understand him not getting traded because of his NMC but that doesn't make him untouchable.
Saros over Rinne either way and last time I checked Rinne is UFA so doesnt need to be protected in the expansion draft.... I guess that means he's not untouchable.

I don't see how I'm daft considering I didnt propose anything involving Rinne in a trade nor mentioned he should be traded. I just mentioned he is not untouchable. perhaps you should look in the mirror.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
okay I understand him not getting traded because of his NMC but that doesn't make him untouchable.
Saros over Rinne either way and last time I checked Rinne is UFA so doesnt need to be protected in the expansion draft.... I guess that means he's not untouchable.

I don't see how I'm daft considering I didnt propose anything involving Rinne in a trade nor mentioned he should be traded. I just mentioned he is not untouchable. perhaps you should look in the mirror.

He's untouchable because he's not worth much and he doesn't want to be traded. That's it. If he said hey can you look for a trade, then he would suddenly not be untouchable. This isn't complicated.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
He's untouchable because he's not worth much and he doesn't want to be traded. That's it. If he said hey can you look for a trade, then he would suddenly not be untouchable. This isn't complicated.
Untouchable means a team would not move said player if given the chance. I bet if a team came to Nashville with a fair offer for Rinne and Rinne Accepted the trade. it would happen... there for he's not untouchable... I don't think you really understand what untouchable means, it's really not that complicated.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Untouchable means a team would not move said player if given the chance. I bet if a team came to Nashville with a fair offer for Rinne and Rinne Accepted the trade. it would happen... there for he's not untouchable... I don't think you really understand what untouchable means, it's really not that complicated.

I know exactly what untouchable means. He's not worth much and seems to not want to be traded (I'm sure the Poile has probably already approached the subject with him). So he's untouchable. He's not hanging on to him because we think he's great and/or a big part of our future.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I know exactly what untouchable means. He's not worth much and seems to not want to be traded (I'm sure the Poile has probably already approached the subject with him). So he's untouchable. He's not hanging on to him because we think he's great and/or a big part of our future.
Rinne is 38 and UFA. how big of a future does he have left? Saros clearing going to be protected over Rinne because hes UFA and Askarov is the future.
Doesnt seem like you understand what untouchable means. Rinne is 150% not untouchable. they may like him but again if Nashville was approached for fair offer and Rinne accepted the trade. I seriously doubt Nashville would pass on pulling the trigger

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Rinne is 38 and UFA. how big of a future does he have left? Saros clearing going to be protected over Rinne because hes UFA and Askarov is the future.
Doesnt seem like you understand what untouchable means. Rinne is 150% not untouchable. they may like him but again if Nashville was approached for fair offer and Rinne accepted the trade. I seriously doubt Nashville would pass on pulling the trigger

I literally just said he doesn't have a future with the team. We're not going to force a trade for like a 6th or 7th round pick. We'll let him retire as only a Pred and franchise icon. They probably already asked him if he wanted to be traded or if he would accept a trade. He probably said no and that was the end of the discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad